I hope you are okay.

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:
louise wrote:Trade lives with me? ^^

Cupz wrote:...maybe. U make music?

louise wrote:no but i make a mean lasagne 8)
Negamuse wrote:It's got so many layers...

I don't think I've ever started laughing then burst into tears mid laugh until I read this.

I've been feeling maudlin today thinking about all the members I used to interact with back in 2011 or so that I feel are just essentially gone from my perspective. Or maybe I didn't really interact with them much, I don't know my own life too well. Hell, I doubt I'd ring any bells if I name dropped my old account anyway. Is it me or is there just a lot less "openness" these days?

I really wish I wasn't so scared all the time. Nothing feels "okay" these days, and things seem to only be getting worse

"RH, STFU, stop making things about yourself"

You're all good to me, Rodox.
I'm in the opposite position right now. Everything was shit and then some good things happened and I suddenly felt better.

I will say the fucking anxiety has been the main issue for me. I can't ride passenger in a vehicle without freaking out (PTSD from some wrecks where I was a passenger), I started to notice that other people notice certain things, like my dad issues, my constant apologizing, and I had to pretend it was funny and make jokes, all the while feeling like a piece of shit for doing it.
But I'm getting better at shrugging it off, and one tactic I really like now is just door-slamming people that I find to be toxic for me. It is so rewarding to mentally erase someone else. It's freeing.

But back to anxiety, I hate it, too.

I always think of a line from that movie, "The Comedy", with Tim Heidecker, where he's at a party making stupid small talk and he says, totally making shit up, "You know, they say only about 40% of the world is capable of independent thought. Everyone else is carrying baskets of laundry down to a dirty river to wash..." and he goes on.
But I latched onto that idea, that only a few of us are truly capable of independent thought. The rest are just bots or something. That helps me cope with how I feel anxious and others seem oblivious to the concept.

Anyway, I'm sleepy and rambling.
I hope you are okay. If you need anything just holler. You've been one that I always see and read, even back when I was a lurker.
Plus, you have a cool username. Rodox is the coolest fucking word in the BoC lexicon to me. That song...man...I can listen to it on a loop forever.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
louise wrote:Trade lives with me? ^^

Cupz wrote:...maybe. U make music?

louise wrote:no but i make a mean lasagne 8)
Negamuse wrote:It's got so many layers...

I don't think I've ever started laughing then burst into tears mid laugh until I read this.

I've been feeling maudlin today thinking about all the members I used to interact with back in 2011 or so that I feel are just essentially gone from my perspective. Or maybe I didn't really interact with them much, I don't know my own life too well. Hell, I doubt I'd ring any bells if I name dropped my old account anyway. Is it me or is there just a lot less "openness" these days?

I really wish I wasn't so scared all the time. Nothing feels "okay" these days, and things seem to only be getting worse

"RH, STFU, stop making things about yourself"

I love people I've never talked to. There aren't many originals besides the mods left. Sad eh?
We are the new wave of BoC obsessed twoismers, some more pre-occupied with the band than others.

There is a lot less openness, presumably because of the General New Release Speculation Topic. We all seem to focus on boccy a lot more than previously. I guess I really want to see a 2013 revival, where twoism is balanced out fully.
Welcome back, there's a lot less familiar faces, tons of new ones, and a few that love the flaming lips as their favorite band instead of Boards of Canada. (me! :D )

"Welcome my son
Welcome to the machine
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been."

And hey, it's mostly just Orbited & Rodox in The Playground. As it will ever be. :lol:
We care. You're not just talking to a brick wall.

Also, 1000 posts!!! I've subjected you all to ten months of this face. Apologies!

"Richard, STFU, stop making things about yourself" :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails, don't beat yourself up about stuff. Trust me, you're grand. :wink:

Sky and Trails wrote:I always think of a line from that movie, "The Comedy", with Tim Heidecker, where he's at a party making stupid small talk and he says, totally making shit up, "You know, they say only about 40% of the world is capable of independent thought. Everyone else is carrying baskets of laundry down to a dirty river to wash..." and he goes on.
But I latched onto that idea, that only a few of us are truly capable of independent thought. The rest are just bots or something. That helps me cope with how I feel anxious and others seem oblivious to the concept.

Aye, great quote.

Dayvan Cowboy
As an old (ish) I do miss some old twoismers. Just seeing their names quoted makes me twinge that they're not here when it's stupid cos I have their names in my phone and can call them any time but like it's been years and how do you start lol (hey Mexi, hey AB)

I don't talk as much as I used to but I lurk these forums most days and read a lot of it. I feel like a lot of us are planted seeds and we'll all break out of the soil when new BoC drops :lol:

Anyway, thread title stands, I hope you're all ok

(Shut up Meg, stop making it all about you :lol: )

Dayvan Cowboy
Thank you for putting up with my wild mood swings.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Happy Cycler
I'm okay.

How are you?

Thanks for asking, thanks for asking.

I'm OK, how are you?

I hope you're OK too.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:As an old (ish) I do miss some old twoismers. Just seeing their names quoted makes me twinge that they're not here when it's stupid cos I have their names in my phone and can call them any time but like it's been years and how do you start lol (hey Mexi, hey AB)

I don't talk as much as I used to but I lurk these forums most days and read a lot of it. I feel like a lot of us are planted seeds and we'll all break out of the soil when new BoC drops :lol:

Wow!
I really WISH that we could all simply pick up the phone and chat. I love the connection this forum allows, but I have a desire for it to spill over into my real life.

FOR INSTANCE!

I would like to hang out with so many of you. It would be weird and awkward and exciting and ultimately pretty fun.
We would all be surprised by the real life versions of each other. Nobody would look the way we thought. Everyone would sound different than we thought. But we'd have this massive database of fairly intimate knowledge of each other, so it would be a very cathartic experience, just to pick up the phone.

Anyway, when I saw that you actually had numbers in your phone it made me a little sad that I don't really interact with people as friends anymore. I've grown up and moved away, moved on, become reclusive, and am now breaking out of that constricting shell and onto another phase of life. This time around, I want the camaraderie.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:
Negamuse wrote:As an old (ish) I do miss some old twoismers. Just seeing their names quoted makes me twinge that they're not here when it's stupid cos I have their names in my phone and can call them any time but like it's been years and how do you start lol (hey Mexi, hey AB)

Wow!
I really WISH that we could all simply pick up the phone and chat. I love the connection this forum allows, but I have a desire for it to spill over into my real life.

FOR INSTANCE!

I would like to hang out with so many of you. It would be weird and awkward and exciting and ultimately pretty fun.
We would all be surprised by the real life versions of each other. Nobody would look the way we thought. Everyone would sound different than we thought. But we'd have this massive database of fairly intimate knowledge of each other, so it would be a very cathartic experience, just to pick up the phone.

Anyway, when I saw that you actually had numbers in your phone it made me a little sad that I don't really interact with people as friends anymore. I've grown up and moved away, moved on, become reclusive, and am now breaking out of that constricting shell and onto another phase of life. This time around, I want the camaraderie.

Oh yep, I completely agree. It would be nice.
A problem: Intercontinental phone charges though. Are you willing to pay 5 quid per minute for a direct American line to Yorkshire? :wink:

Eagle Minded
I am willing to sell my body on the streets if that's what it takes to make this community a real-life, in-person, back-to-the-office affair! :wink:

But man am I poor right now.

Is there any way we can all get together virtually or is the time difference too difficult to overcome?

Maybe the new BoC or Flaming Lips will be streamed live and we can all join in then!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:Is there any way we can all get together virtually or is the time difference too difficult to overcome?

An old tale passed down from generations. Something perhaps of Arthurian legend. The Twoism Skype group existed back in the day.
The (Infamous) Twoism Skype Group

Of course zoom is the new method now, to get down with tha kids (if that's your thang. :lol:)

Happy Cycler
I have not been okay for about 15 years now.

I wake up each day hoping that's the case but I don't get it. I'm working up the urge to release some music this year. I hope that I find some interest that leads me to actually do that, instead of slowly killing myself with boredom.

I just now saw the mention of the Skype group. To my own disbelief, I actually rekindled communication with the artist then known as Nyetscape as of late. I need to talk to him on Steam and catch up some more. We both felt shitty about our falling out. I extend that emotion to everyone else. There were those who left and needed to leave and I still love them, and then there were those who were shitty and perhaps might still be (they don't come around anymore) and I love them still regardless. God, as generic as it is to say, those truly were simpler times.

Dayvan Cowboy
Is anyone here up for bringing back the Skype group? I can see some American members being possibly interested in this, we could get the ball rolling (so to speak. :wink:)

Dayvan Cowboy
By the way Jonse, this part of the forum may not be as active. But I believe as conversation is the integral part to human life, we can rekindle this old dog.

Happy Cycler
Fredd runs (or so I think) the current Discord, which is a really nice group. It's actually official to my understanding. The Skype group was cool but almost everyone involved doesn't Twoism anymore.

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think discord is for me I'm afraid. It's convoluted and I don't think I'll be able alternate easily between there and here. :razz:

I often wonder how old members are keeping. The only forum I can think of with this level of emotional connection between people is TWFF. This place though, is an extraordinary thing. :D

Happy Cycler
Discord seems to be the last hurrah of social interaction between an entire generation of sanitization. I neither wanted it, nor have an option to escape it. It's pretty much what is and I'm too old to learn a new thing for the few groups of friends I have that care about.
Last edited by Jonse on Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Jonse wrote:Discord seems to be the last hurrah of social interaction between an entire generation of sanitation. I neither wanted it, nor have an option to escape it.

Communication methods have moved so fast. I long for 2014, a golden year for technological advances.

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Jonse wrote:Discord seems to be the last hurrah of social interaction between an entire generation of sanitation. I neither wanted it, nor have an option to escape it.

Technology has moved so fast. I long for 2014, a golden year for advances.

I long for Boards of Canada.

..but as disappointing as 2014 was for me, don't think I don't feel ya. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Jonse wrote:I long for Boards of Canada.

It seems like that is the first thing on everybody's mind here. For me, it's the furthest.

Happy Cycler
Closer than you'd think. What you should think about is the absence when they're practically gone for real afterwards.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground