What are you proud of?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Hm?

Happy Cycler
being able to be level headed, open minded, and possessing the ability of forming a coherent opinion with thought out reasons why I hold said opinion.
These three things seem like they should be common, but they really aren't.

Also the ability to play guitar and keys, but I need to improve on both fronts.

Telepath
I'm proud that I'm pretty good at not giving a shit.

Sherbet Head
The Telepathic Kid wrote:being able to be level headed, open minded, and possessing the ability of forming a coherent opinion with thought out reasons why I hold said opinion.
These three things seem like they should be common, but they really aren't.

Literally everyone thinks they have these three things

Cupz wrote:I'm proud that I'm pretty good at not giving a shit.

This one

Cupz wrote:I'm proud that I'm pretty good at not giving a shit.

Please help. I find myself giving shits sometimes and used to be so good at not.

I'm proud of the relationships I've built over the years. I picked my friends real well in school and have some that are over 15 years strong. I'm proud of the relationship and live I've built so far with my boyfriend and that I've formed solid adult relationships with the majority of my family and some of his. I'm proud of the creative work I've put out and that I've been able to make it with friends and I'm proud that I've been able to use that creative work sometimes to do good like contributing my tracks to the Touched Compilations for Macmillan Cancer Support and in 2014 I played a benefit show for Pauline Juilet. There's a lot more I want to do with music.

AND I'M PROUD TO BE A BOC FAN, DAMMIT.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Telepath
It's easy. Just stop giving a shit!

Sherbet Head
Pride is a sin

Dayvan Cowboy
drillkicker wrote:Pride is a sin

But if you don't give a shit, who cares about sins!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
Touché

Posts Quantity
this dank intro I made for my video series
phpBB [media]

Happy Cycler
Neat! nice one Perch. What did you use to make that?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Telepath
*applauds*

That's gorgious, perch. You are one talented motherfucker.
It reminds me a lot of some of the leaders we had here in the late early ninetees. That tiger cracks me up for some reason.
NO SOUND?

Posts Quantity
thanks guys! this was literally a bunch of stock footage I mashed together to look like the old "eyewitness" documentaries for kids. That and a few quick things to make it look like an old vhs with weird color bleeds and fuzz

and cupz, I just finished today haha. I wanted to keep it soundless so that I could edit in different things for different episodes

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:I'm proud of the relationships I've built over the years. I picked my friends real well in school and have some that are over 15 years strong.

I'm envious of this. All my school friends are boring and stupid and I stopped talking to pretty much all of them.

Sherbet Head
Echo the Sun wrote:I'm envious of this. All my school friends are boring and stupid and I stopped talking to pretty much all of them.

That sounds awful. The friends I made in high school fundamentally changed who I am and I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without them. Did you go to school in a really bad area ? I hope you've found some cool folks after you graduated.

Eagle Minded
drillkicker wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:I'm envious of this. All my school friends are boring and stupid and I stopped talking to pretty much all of them.

That sounds awful. The friends I made in high school fundamentally changed who I am and I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without them. Did you go to school in a really bad area ? I hope you've found some cool folks after you graduated.

I appreciate your concern, but it's not as awful as it sounds. I grew up in a nice area, I'm just really different from most people, so I tend to drift apart from them. I have a handful of people in my life that I'm close to. The rest are all acquaintances. My trouble is, I honestly don't know if I want more people in my life. I've tried asking myself, but I seem to be unable to give myself a straight answer. :)

If you don't mind me asking, how did your friends change your life and who you were?

Dayvan Cowboy
nothing, I'm either happy about how things going on in my life, or not

Sherbet Head
Echo the Sun wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how did your friends change your life and who you were?

Before I met any of the friends I currently have I was a very awkward and relatively boring person and couldn't really have normal conversations with people. It was really bad, worse than you could imagine. Then I met some really cool and interesting folks when I started high school and they got me interested in a lot of stuff that I couldn't even imagine before and indirectly caused my life to become significantly more interesting. If it weren't for them I'd still be a complete weirdo with no social skills. Now I'm a complete weirdo with some social skills.

Eagle Minded
drillkicker wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how did your friends change your life and who you were?

Before I met any of the friends I currently have I was a very awkward and relatively boring person and couldn't really have normal conversations with people. It was really bad, worse than you could imagine. Then I met some really cool and interesting folks when I started high school and they got me interested in a lot of stuff that I couldn't even imagine before and indirectly caused my life to become significantly more interesting. If it weren't for them I'd still be a complete weirdo with no social skills. Now I'm a complete weirdo with some social skills.

that's pretty awesome. i'm happy for you, man.

as for me, i've got great social skills and i use them to hide the fact that i'm completely apathetic and a borderline misanthrope. in real life, i can get anybody to like me, but i find it very hard to like other people. i really hate that aspect of my personality

Sherbet Head
You!

Next

Return to The Playground