Sick Times: Coronavirus

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
my universtiy has delayed in person classes yet again to april of 2022 now!! i bet 50 reais with a colleague that we still won`t return by then

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:my universtiy has delayed in person classes yet again to april of 2022 now!! i bet 50 reais with a colleague that we still won`t return by then

Your joking!! :shock:
That will of been 2 years now, you must feel like your being left behind and in the dark. Especially with family getting back to a Pre-covid state of working,
are you still meeting up with friends?
nothing to say, I suspect your still in shock. :(

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Your joking!! :shock:
That will of been 2 years now, you must feel like your being left behind and in the dark. Especially with family getting back to a Pre-covid state of working,
are you still meeting up with friends?
nothing to say, I suspect your still in shock. :(

Yep, will be 2 years and a bit by then. I do feel left behind and forgotten, so many practical classes cancelled, extremely disappointing.
I don`t have any friends :) ! Since i was one of the last students to be admissed i missed the few in person lectures my class had, so i haven`t met anyone in person, and it`s extremely difficult to make friendships over the internet when you don`t have a lot of common interests. I talk occasionally to my colleagues but the conversations never get past university stuff. No one i`ve met there is interested in music : - (
Not really in shock, no. i expected the delay, all deadlines they`ve given to us have failed stupendously. I actually think this isn`t even the last one, but at least i`ll have a bit more cash when it happens.

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:Yep, will be 2 years and a bit by then. I do feel left behind and forgotten, so many practical classes cancelled, extremely disappointing. .

I can’t begin to imagine how depressing that sounds, I hope this is the last cancellation for you and not a continuation going forward.

kakanara wrote:I don`t have any friends :) ! Since i was one of the last students to be admissed i missed the few in person lectures my class had, so i haven`t met anyone in person, and it`s extremely difficult to make friendships over the internet when you don`t have a lot of common interests. I talk occasionally to my colleagues but the conversations never get past university stuff. No one i`ve met there is interested in music : - (

Well you have a friend in me, and I find you interesting (if that counts! :wink:)
In person meetings are especially hard (about now) I don’t even use zoom, so day to day conversations are scarce, and I’m probably a bit full on and quirky to those I do speak to.

I feel like the aftermath of a pandemic is going to be just as tough as it was enduring it, due to everyone’s mental health going berserk!

Dayvan Cowboy
The commercialization of the holidays is mind numbingly depressing this year. Incredibly controversial opinion, I know.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
My COVID test came back positive a couple days ago, i've been trying my best to hang in there. It's been hard having to completely self-isolate. I won't be able to see my friends for about a week or two. That doesn't sound that long, but two days have passed since I've started my quarantine and it's felt like weeks already. Luckily, I don't have any of the really bad symptoms, I just constantly feel tired and almost always have a fever. I have trouble sleeping at night now too, which is pretty bad considering sleep is one of the best natural ailments for sickness.

This too shall pass though, and I'm really lucky to not be in a hospital on a ventilator right now. Just tryna make the most of my time alone.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:My COVID test came back positive a couple days ago, i've been trying my best to hang in there. It's been hard having to completely self-isolate. I won't be able to see my friends for about a week or two. That doesn't sound that long, but two days have passed since I've started my quarantine and it's felt like weeks already. Luckily, I don't have any of the really bad symptoms, I just constantly feel tired and almost always have a fever. I have trouble sleeping at night now too, which is pretty bad considering sleep is one of the best natural ailments for sickness.

This too shall pass though, and I'm really lucky to not be in a hospital on a ventilator right now. Just tryna make the most of my time alone.

Hang in there :(

Boqurant
I'm "identifying" as being vaccinated now (if you can't beat them join them!) I read in the news today (BBC) that people have been told by unquestionable "experts/scientists" that those who were vaccinated could still spread the "..newest?.." varient. So I see little to no incentive to be vaccinated if the vaccine cannot be fit for purpose or "keep up" (contradicting vaccinating me of Covid as a preventitive measure as any number of new varients can render any current vaccine as ineffective).

People think that is daft and someone said recently I was being sarcastic (?)
But am I really?

Simple deductive logic shows that a vaccine that cannot keep up with an otherwise permenantly "variable" cold/fluey type bug is a complete waste of time and not without harm (a woman is suing the government over the death of her daughter who she wants the world to know on record was a consequence of her daughter being vaccinated).
Unless of course the conspiracy theorists do actually have a valid point now, which the crux of what they want to be known and to get out to a wider audience has uptill now been stable and not variable in it's own reasoning and that will only serve to give credence to their beliefs that can now be assessed with hindsight the longer this charade is made to linger on for.

Vaccine passports are only a short time away now. You can bookmark and hold me to that quote as well! Get the winter fear-factory circus clowning out of the way and see where we are.
But that is the least of my worries.
My government still have time to toy with peoples ability to secure food, fuel and they are making a robust and strict policy of restricting freedom of movement (for our safety as a tax paying nation). Im not saying this is to coerse people into accepting a vaccination yet, as currently peoples priorities are firmly fixed still on things like sitting on a beach or whether their dog will be kidnapped (people have priorities and every class has their own). Lower classes are wrestling with the basics still and the rich are worried about their "generational wealth" this has ALWAYS produced friction between classes and this COVID phenomena is on a world wide scale, it will effect rich and poor, slave or free , old and young alike.

Once the fear factory has upped the national paranoia to a level where people can me easily manouvred (much like we have seen with 2020 hindsight), only then are we able to make a clear assessment of where we are and that wont be until next summer when we are out of the colder months where colds and influenza wanes off.
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

Boqurant
kakanara wrote:luciferase is a family of enzymes that make stuff like jellyfish glow, by reacting with our atp molecules, my biology teacher worked with this kind of stuff, its very cool
i looked up the 'vaccine relation' briefly and apparently theres some theories that some vaccines contains luciferin? im not a chemist, but since our cells produce atp constantly i'm pretty sure the reaction would immediatly start taking place after the jab and your arm would start glowing or smt

I learned this from reading a sunday magazine pull out from either the Independant or some newspaper in the 90s. I took Chemistry (A level) to help my horticulture. Im not a government endorsed expert or chemist. I just have a interest in the subject (casual).

Once people are on the "logical" path to permenant top ups (repeated top-ups or even a pill...depends on whats effective for the pharmacuitical companies really and brings in some profit as well..) then the enzyme can be literally produced by your own body at a later date. All that is lacking at the present is how your dna can be effectively "asked" to manufacture it, much like the goats that were genetically engineered to produce spider silk (check it out!).
Thats going to be part of the big reveal, people literally will "glow" which is the whole point.
To cast your shadow you must first accept "the light".

People are are either going to love it or hate it lol
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

Dayvan Cowboy
The_Duke wrote:I'm "identifying" as being vaccinated now (if you can't beat them join them!) I read in the news today (BBC) that people have been told by unquestionable "experts/scientists" that those who were vaccinated could still spread the "..newest?.." varient. So I see little to no incentive to be vaccinated if the vaccine cannot be fit for purpose or "keep up" (contradicting vaccinating me of Covid as a preventitive measure as any number of new varients can render any current vaccine as ineffective).

But am I really?

Simple deductive logic shows that a vaccine that cannot keep up with an otherwise permenantly "variable" cold/fluey type bug is a complete waste of time and not without harm (a woman is suing the government over the death of her daughter who she wants the world to know on record was a consequence of her daughter being vaccinated).
Unless of course the conspiracy theorists do actually have a valid point now, which the crux of what they want to be known and to get out to a wider audience has uptill now been stable and not variable in it's own reasoning and that will only serve to give credence to their beliefs that can now be assessed with hindsight the longer this charade is made to linger on for.

Vaccine passports are only a short time away now. You can bookmark and hold me to that quote as well! Get the winter fear-factory circus clowning out of the way and see where we are.
My government still have time to toy with peoples ability to secure food, fuel and they are making a robust and strict policy of restricting freedom of movement (for our safety as a tax paying nation). Im not saying this is to coerse people into accepting a vaccination yet, as currently peoples priorities are firmly fixed still on things like sitting on a beach or whether their dog will be kidnapped (people have priorities and every class has their own). Lower classes are wrestling with the basics still and the rich are worried about their "generational wealth" this has ALWAYS produced friction between classes and this COVID phenomena is on a world wide scale, it will effect rich and poor, slave or free , old and young alike.

Once the fear factory has upped the national paranoia to a level where people can me easily manouvred (much like we have seen with 2020 hindsight), only then are we able to make a clear assessment of where we are and that wont be until next summer when we are out of the colder months where colds and influenza wanes off.

I've heard the "back and forth" of "experts have said..." from both sides of the argument; for and against vaccinations. My only hypothesis is nobody really knows what the fuck they're talking about, and chances are neither do the experts come twenty years when we find out radium doesn't make good lipstick or cocaine doesn't alleviate headaches in children or whatever the hell we find out we're wrong about down the line. That being said, I actually agree with everything you said here.

2020 was the year of hindsight

Boqurant
rodox_head wrote:
The_Duke wrote:I'm "identifying" as being vaccinated now (if you can't beat them join them!) I read in the news today (BBC) that people have been told by unquestionable "experts/scientists" that those who were vaccinated could still spread the "..newest?.." varient. So I see little to no incentive to be vaccinated if the vaccine cannot be fit for purpose or "keep up" (contradicting vaccinating me of Covid as a preventitive measure as any number of new varients can render any current vaccine as ineffective).

But am I really?

I've heard the "back and forth" of "experts have said..." from both sides of the argument; for and against vaccinations. My only hypothesis is nobody really knows what the fuck they're talking about, and chances are neither do the experts come twenty years when we find out radium doesn't make good lipstick or cocaine doesn't alleviate headaches in children or whatever the hell we find out we're wrong about down the line. That being said, I actually agree with everything you said here.

2020 was the year of hindsight

You obviously have eyes to see :-)

People might as well ignore the covert experiments that have been performed on them for decades.
It's ALL bs unless it can verified.
The people who suspect the Bear to be shitting in the woods are the conspiracy theorists.
They discuss (theories) trying to explain something self evident but lacking proof because its purposely hidden as the intention to hide is nefarious (conspiracy).
The only thing in my generation at least that HAS been verified from everyday folk like me or yourself perhaps is the knowledge of prion diseases in meat sold for profit that never resulted in anything close to effecting the places of sale from anything remotely close to the very real outcome being deaths caused by CJD, then we had Horse meat sold as Beef.
Even that revelation never harmed the Tesco supermarket chain because they ARE the government (they "own" peoples ability to feed themselves) which is directly linked to longevity. When someone dies outside of commerce it's murder or manslaughter, but families are still offered a imitation justice, a family member will die, slowly, probably painfully while effecting those close by, a few quid is thrown to hush the funeral cries a tad and...then its back to business as usual (purple hearts).
If I said ten years ago, dog kidknap would carry a harsher penalty than rape in the UK I would of heard the same insults and been blocked and banned. So I just learn from other peoples mistakes and that causes some people to see a hallucination of a aluminium helmet on my head.
Lol
I guess some people sense danger (gut feelings/intuition/etc) while other people dont, some of those who don't sense any danger are still able to avoid it due to their knowledge of themselves providing the danger being unknown to the other former peoples.
Trust is hard to come by these days.

Remember this was once a conspiracy:

://www.gentarget.com/product-category/premade-lentivirus/humanized-cas9-expression-lentivirus-for-crispr/

Boqurant
https://www.gentarget.com/covid-19-variants-mutations/
COVID-19 Delta Variant and other mutations

"As we are moving towards the end of 2021, people from all over the world are still impacted by the COVID-19 virus. We all are facing the challenge of the virus and its effects will still be visible for years to come. With the COVID-19 virus constantly undergoing variants such as the Delta variant and other mutants in Spike (S) protein, we wonder how effective is the Covid-19 vaccine against these variants? Not only that but also how long can the vaccine protection last? What’s the side effect of the large scale expressed Spike protein, resulting from vaccination, in our body? Another consideration is what effects the duration of the expressed Spike protein would have in different organs or cell types in our body post vaccination?

Currently, the COVID-19 vaccine is raised from the wild-type Spike (S) protein of the virus. Theoretically, the mutation in Spike protein could reduce neutralization by antibodies generated against the wild-type Spike protein. How much is the reduction? Well, it is dependent upon the mutation position and numbers. Epidemiological data seems to suggest the current vaccines will protect you from most variants, or mutations of COVID-19. However, to answer this question and confirm the data, we need detailed lab tests to find out the quantitative results of vaccine protection against each type of variant or mutation.

There are different variants spread out in different parts of the world, usually named by the area where it is first discovered or by its mutation site and type. Some common example variants would be the India variant, New York variant, South Africa variant, Brazil variant, the Delta variant, and so on. Regardless of their name, the more important information is the mutation site (location) and the type (the changed amino acid).

The convenience tools for such tests include the Viral-like Particles (VLP) that present the COVID-19 Spike protein at the surface of the particle to mimic the nature status of the virus as well as the Lentivirus Products that express the Spike protein variants (mutants). To facilitate those tests and improve research on COVID-19 variants, Gentarget developed the Viral-like Particles (VLP) and Lentivirus Products for many COVID-19 variants/mutations. Each mutation (or combination of mutations) can be tested for its binding efficacy to the anti-Spike protein antibodies, or be used to raise variant-specific antibodies, for potential clinical treatment and applications."

Anyone remember an album by an artist called "Sasha"(A.Cohen) called "air drawn dagger"?
Check the artwork of this album and you might see this has all been planned for years.
Everything happens for a reason, even accidents, cause and effect.

Also remember "The Thing" 1982 the opening scene where a Norwegian man shouts to an American "The dog is an alien"

Armies don't buy bullets on the day of battle.

Or the best warning:

"It is not right to throw food meant for the children to dogs"

Eagle Minded
coff coff

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:coff coff

*splutter, wheeze*

Is that a hint to something? :| You haven’t caught "Colin" have you?

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

*splutter, wheeze*

maybe, maybe it was the flu. don't really know. stayed locked in my room throughout to prevent spread, still don't have any non-recreational reason to leave the house anyways. the symptoms were identical to the previous times i had the flu so i can't really tell if it was colin or flavia

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

*splutter, wheeze*

maybe, maybe it was the flu. don't really know. stayed locked in my room throughout to prevent spread, still don't have any non-recreational reason to leave the house anyways. the symptoms were identical to the previous times i had the flu so i can't really tell if it was colin or flavia

Eagle Minded
why did my last post duplicate

Eagle Minded
online learning has ruined my life i never want to experience this ever again

Sherbet Head
Why, oh, why does the new COVID variant have to be named Omicron, which is the Greek numeral 70?

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:Why, oh, why does the new COVID variant have to be named Omicron, which is the Greek numeral 70?

Not the best marketing strategy if you ask me.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground