Sick Times: Coronavirus

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Elwyn_Hayseed wrote:
Moz wrote:I've just remembered there are other parts of this forum other than BoC lol. Anyway...

I had corona near the beginning of the year. Came to work Monday, everything as usual. Tuesday, feeling super tired but not only me, couple of other people too. I work 8h days two shifts. Morning shift starts at 5 so there you go, feeling tired all the time is normal, for me at least. I work with robots which do welding and there is lots to do every day, bring in the material, do some programming, corrections, repairs... whatever is neccesary. Some were sick and stayed home. Wednesday before work I got info that one of those ppl that stayed home was infected. I talked to him Monday but with the mask on and not too close.

We had to do quick tests immediately when we came to work. I was tested positive, I waited a bit longer for my results than the other colleagues and the indicator on my test showed negative but the guy who did those said that I am positive anyway and should go direct home and wait for further info. I was feeling tired at the time but thought I could work, not something I should care much about. No other symptoms at the time. Next day I came back to do PCR test which was positive and I got a call from infection center about my wherabouts in the last couple of days. Last time I was out was Saturday and symptoms began on tuesday so thankfully no one I was in contact with was infected. I had to stay in self quarantine for the rest of that and the whole next week.

My friends made a shopping trip for some food and neccesities. For the first couple of days I felt a bit fluish, had fever for two days, 37,5C which was not too bad. When I was doing chores I noticed that I got tired very quickly. I wasn't smoking cigarettes for about 7 days. When I tried to light one up, take a drag or two and I noticed that I don't even want to smoke. Weird. I am not a big smoker anyway. about 5 cigs a day, weed very rarely. There was a constant feeling like my lungs have bit lowered in capacity but not that much that it would bother me.
I had no other symptoms, taste and smell were as usual. Most of my workmates had it worse. What is interesting is that those who were not infected were the oldest people in my department. Some are heavy smokers and drinkers. Most people came back to work when I did, some stayed home for a week more. No deaths. 44 total infected.
From then on until today we have to do quick tests once a week (first couple of weeks twice). Everyone is still negative, with some exceptions. One guy and a girl kept coming in positive, were sent home, then do PCR Test which was negative. That happened for the first couple of tests then they decided no to test them any more. No one knows why that happens. My theory is that they have some other virus to which test is reacting to, but I am no doctor or a scientist so fuck me.

I had it good. I know people who were bedridden for a month or two, even non smokers and sport types, old people who died. At the time I got it I was not so healthy, had some issues of my own, I am not athletic type at all, in fact my lifestyle is the exact opposite so there you go. My immunity was definitely shot down at that point but it seemed to make no difference. What I could say about all this is that it is almost like a lottery. Some have it like I did and some have it worse. You won't know until you get it, unless you get vaccinated which I plan to do because I want to be able to get on airplanes and in the clubs and get on with my life as early as possible. I am willing to take the risk of an adverse reaction. No one asked us as kids do we want to get vaccinated, it was normal and no one questioned it back. Those who were against it were actually against needles. Plus you get a scar for life on your shoulder. :lol:

Last 4 days of quarantine had a bender on acid and made a shit ton of music using a tape machine. These are just throwaway tracks which had to get out I guess, kind of a therapy. Have a listen and stay safe:
phpBB [media]

This was all just a big commercial lol

Enjoyed the music!! Ok to rip this and bang onto a Type2 ?? ( with your permission).

Thanks! Of course. Most of these sounds are stolen anyway.

Boqurant
Cheers Moz :)

Dayvan Cowboy
We just have a huge national protest for a Stambul convention. While I was walking arround all those people (literally thousands of people), there were about 20 people with masks. What was a huge relief for me. But probably in few weeks later our fake media going to circulate these rising fake virus cases. No surprises. People already woke up. Interesting what their next move is going to be.

Eagle Minded
why were you relieved? i dont get it

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:We just have a huge national protest for a Stambul convention. While I was walking arround all those people (literally thousands of people), there were about 20 people with masks. What was a huge relief for me. But probably in few weeks later our fake media going to circulate these rising fake virus cases. No surprises. People already woke up. Interesting what their next move is going to be.

You are an absolute fucking moron.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:
arvy wrote:We just have a huge national protest for a Stambul convention. While I was walking arround all those people (literally thousands of people), there were about 20 people with masks. What was a huge relief for me. But probably in few weeks later our fake media going to circulate these rising fake virus cases. No surprises. People already woke up. Interesting what their next move is going to be.

You are an absolute fucking moron.

Hey, my nation was 50 years under Soviet regime, people were literally laying under the tanks to fight for the freedom. And they did it, they know the price of it. And you will never understand this.

Sherbet Head
What the fuck do you know about what I would or would not understand? I grew up in 1970s and 1980s Northern Ireland, so take your patronising, false equivalency bullshit, as well as your pathetic, laughable conspiracy theories somewhere else.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:What the fuck do you know about what I would or would not understand? I grew up in 1970s and 1980s Northern Ireland, so take your patronising, false equivalency bullshit, as well as your pathetic, laughable conspiracy theories somewhere else.

What do you know about being torn apart between Nazis and Soviets during WWII, then, being deported in a animal wagons to Siberia, about partisan war, which was unsucsesfull, untill many decades later? I know, I am reminded of it everdyday. I and will fight for freedom, if I have to. So you better stop reffering to me about freedom in any from. Cause you know shit about it.

Eagle Minded
are you 100 yrs old or something?

Sherbet Head
kakanara wrote:are you 100 yrs old or something?

lol

Yes, after this guy was done fighting the Nazis, then the Soviets, he turned his attention to ... I'm not sure. "Fake news"? 5G? A massive global conspiracy to plant microchips in people???

Or maybe he's just a moron and takes as much credit for his country having fought the Nazis as i would have because my great grandfather fought the British in the Irish war of independence 100 years ago, which is to say FUCK ALL.

It's quite pathetic to evoke those who genuinely fought against evil to support the stupid conspiracy theories you read about while sat on your fat ass browsing 8chan or whatever. I can tell you now - the vast majority those people who genuinely put their lives on the line would laugh at you and think you are a pathetic fool.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:

lol

Yes, after this guy was done fighting the Nazis, then the Soviets, he turned his attention to ... I'm not sure. "Fake news"? 5G? A massive global conspiracy to plant microchips in people???

Or maybe he's just a moron and takes as much credit for his country having fought the Nazis as i would have because my great grandfather fought the British in the Irish war of independence 100 years ago, which is to say FUCK ALL.

It's quite pathetic to evoke those who genuinely fought against evil to support the stupid conspiracy theories you read about while sat on your fat ass browsing 8chan or whatever. I can tell you now - the vast majority those people who genuinely put their lives on the line would laugh at you and think you are a pathetic fool.

My nation fought for the their freedom, their flag, their language and their future. So, as my grandparrents were living in that world, I have the responsibility to cherish what they were fighting for.

So, tell me where are your Irealand now, or even better, where are your fat lazy saxonic ass squat now, Scotalnd? Another Queen's colony? You just have no clue whatsoever. Even, more, I would say, you have absolutely no right to open your mouth and ridicule others of anything.

I'm ready to call you out, for your shit talk.

Sherbet Head
I am not the one trying to draw some parallel between spreading conspiracy theories on the internet and fighting the Nazis. :lol:

I am not the one trying to claim the glory of past generations for myself.

Keep fighting the good fight! I hope you make it through the trenches, and I have no doubt I will read about you in the history books just like the previous glorious generations.

8)

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:I am not the one trying to draw some parallel between spreading conspiracy theories on the internet and fighting the Nazis. :lol:

I am not the one trying to claim the glory of past generations for myself.

Keep fighting the good fight! I hope you make it through the trenches, and I have no doubt I will read about you in the history books just like the previous glorious generations.

8)

Listen, you can wax yourself and your kids, how much you like it. And, then keeping these mask, while blubber "it's only a piece of fabric". But, do it in your country, or at least keep to your self. Don't shove your opinion to others, while putting conspiracy labels.

And the most important, before you have this great idea, to post something on the internet, ask your self, if you can back it up and don't run away like a little bitch.

Eagle Minded
Are you seriously going to berate others for their country not aligning with the standard you've set? oh boy, can't wait for my turn.

But seriously, you shouldn't equate the achievements of your elders with something so minor like protesting to not use masks or whatever. Creates room for a lot of idealism.

Site Admin
Let's, especially in these times, respect each other their point of view and not call someone names because of that.

It seems like there isn't a middle course these days, polarization increases and we are less open toward one and another when covid is brought to the table. To me it is concerning not having an open minded discussion about something which inflicts us all. Let's not stop the debate here on twoism so please respect the forum rules.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:Let's, especially in these times, respect each other their point of view and not call someone names because of that.

It seems like there isn't a middle course these days, polarization increases and we are less open toward one and another when covid is brought to the table. To me it is concerning not having an open minded discussion about something which inflicts us all. Let's not stop the debate here on twoism so please respect the forum rules.

Well said Robin. Even the flat earth thread had 1000x more decency.

An argument led by emotions and Ad Hominems is everything but rational :|
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy

He's a nationalist, meaning he has to take pride in what his grandparents or his country did way before he was born, because he has nothing worth being proud of himself as an individual.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

He's a nationalist, meaning he has to take pride in what his grandparents or his country did way before he was born, because he has nothing worth being proud of himself as an individual.

You can really reffer to me personally, I'm not gonna bite. You see, our nation, like many post soviet nations, know better how to smell the bullshit, which is happening right now. Soviet union was the best country in the world, but mostly this was known only through the fake news media (communist party) and the ellite. The people who were thiking otherwise, were convinetaly putiing away. Like I said, different culture, you won't understand and you don't have to.

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:You can really reffer to me personally, I'm not gonna bite. You see, our nation, like many post soviet nations, know better how to smell the bullshit, which is happening right now. Soviet union was the best country in the world, but mostly this was known only through the fake news media (communist party) and the ellite. The people who were thiking otherwise, were convinetaly putiing away. Like I said, different culture, you won't understand and you don't have to.

Almost everything you post is nationalist propaganda.

Nationalism and patriotism is how kings, presidents and senators brainwash people to fight in wars and die to make them rich, by convincing them they're fighting "for the glory of their country," "tradition," or whatever other lie works best. Countries are made from imaginary borders, drawn on maps so that rulers can consolidate their power. No country is "great," we're all just human beings living on a rock in space with no real borders, and the sooner we stop letting ourselves get manipulated by those in power saying to the masses "our country is the greatest," the better.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
arvy wrote:You can really reffer to me personally, I'm not gonna bite. You see, our nation, like many post soviet nations, know better how to smell the bullshit, which is happening right now. Soviet union was the best country in the world, but mostly this was known only through the fake news media (communist party) and the ellite. The people who were thiking otherwise, were convinetaly putiing away. Like I said, different culture, you won't understand and you don't have to.

Almost everything you post is nationalist propaganda.

Nationalism and patriotism is how kings, presidents and senators brainwash people to fight in wars and die to make them rich, by convincing them they're fighting "for the glory of their country," "tradition," or whatever other lie works best. Countries are made from imaginary borders, drawn on maps so that rulers can consolidate their power. No country is "great," we're all just human beings living on a rock in space with no real borders, and the sooner we stop letting ourselves get manipulated by those in power saying "our country is the greatest," the better.

Thus, nationalism won against communism. Nationalism is also a nation voice, which from time to ime, usually rise up and speak up, if someone trying to silence it.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground