For the records.....(a history of twoism.org)

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Hello all, recently I’ve been reading all the old topics and subjects due to the lack of activity in the recent week(s), and it seems to me that this community is quite tight knit, and through the past year and half this place has been a haven of likeminded healthy discussion.

Before I joined I used to check here every day for the ‘general new release thread’ and others, so possibly a thread lookback/suppository for all the members to discuss and link topics from days/years gone by. An archive for the many thousands of discussions if you will. First impressions from users, people that came and gone, stories about meet-ups, and most of all, reminiscing over a 17 year old forum that’s still going (relatively) strong!

Keep on filling those pages as you guys make the wait worthwhile :D

Dive in! - R.G

Happy Cycler
Basically, our likeminded discussion is that the brothers dub over stoners analysing their music with "SEE YOU AT THE PARTY, RICHTER!" as a dominant sample. Then we laugh. We also cry because Boards of Canada. Then we laugh.

We're a bit too tightly knit, but its ours, so yeah.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
could any very very very old members tell me about the two posts from december 1969? :lol:
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
My memories of this site are pretty fuzzy but some come to mind like the Chameleon fake, the carrot avatar movement, and the time of the mysterious black box.

Here's a memento from that last one:
Spoiler: show
I had to remake this to the best of my memory as the original has been lost to time
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
I joined this forum initially back in 2013 under a different name to follow the Tomorrow's Harvest release. I think I made a new account because I lost access to the old one (as well as the email address to reset the password). I remember listening to the original broadcast of TH, being totally blown away, and live commenting along with it. Then I rejoined in early 2018 so I could post my discovery that Magic Teens is sampled in Sixtyten.

Since then, it's mostly been following the New Release Speculation thread for any hint of an update - with the exception of the glorious Societas X Tape days.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I joined this forum initially back in 2013 under a different name to follow the Tomorrow's Harvest release. I think I made a new account because I lost access to the old one (as well as the email address to reset the password). I remember listening to the original broadcast of TH, being totally blown away, and live commenting along with it. Then I rejoined in early 2018 so I could post my discovery that Magic Teens is sampled in Sixtyten.

I still regret not keeping up to date on that release too well as it happened. I've never been too good at that thing I suppose, plus I was graduating high school at the time. I just remember the hysteria that came up when BoC put the extra black square on the discography page on their website.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hah, same. I was in-between apartments and doing all the usual moving stuff for most of that couple of weeks.. hell, that was right around the time that visiting the forum, itself, fell out of my set of habits!

still working on bringing it back in :)

Dayvan Cowboy
This takes me back to the start of the year with pioneer plaque speculation.
https://ibb.co/h7FkqFc

Return to The Playground