Do you think BOC got vaccinated?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Do you think they got the jab?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 28

Dayvan Cowboy
The Sick Times: Coronavirus thread is full of fascinating discussion! Just for fun, let's do a thought experiment. Knowing the Sandinson Brothers, do you think they've taken the jab?
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Eagle Minded
Honestly, who knows. At the very least, I reckon they'd be dead against the whole 'vaccine passport' thing, due to their stance on human rights.

Dayvan Cowboy
Human rights stance may be not that unshakable, as you may think. I think, that human species are in pivotal moment in history, there some kind of societal shift may occur. And sooner, and smoother, that you may think.

Interesting fact, not that long ago, one of mine national legislation system figures, head of the lawyer council in the country, gave a speach. In which he blasts national policies dealing with pandemic, vaccination and health passes. And of course, immediately was put in corner by almost every mainstream media channel.

I think it’s clear, that these changes occur also on academical level. Which, if not abandoned, but at least may let revisit, rethink the institution of human rights.

Which also may give start to some kind of a new philosophy, which it self may lead society towards some kind of revelation in the next 10 years.

Happy Cycler
How is this can of worms even remotely fun?

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

some worrying undertones at 1:59 geez
i don't like how the word is overused nowadays but that's pretty "problematic"
going to attract some unsavory people that

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

"it’s not cramped, it’s comfortably spacious!”
I might use that as my new signature, if that’s the penalty for 'cramped' in 2030, I might not enjoy a OK Computer type reality as much as I thought. :wink:

As for if they took the vaccine, this question could have been asked in the 'sick times' thread, I’d of thought not for since they live in such a remote area, I wouldn’t think they’d be in contact with many people (besides friends and family) so although a vaccines are to protect others, without many human interaction in the pentland hills (in my opinion) I wouldn’t have thought so. I’d love to hear a different perspective though! :D
Then again, I hope their doing well throughout and hopefully nothings happened to them Covid-wise.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
kakanara wrote:
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

"it’s not cramped, it’s comfortably spacious!”
I might use that as my new signature, if that’s the penalty for 'cramped' in 2030, I might not enjoy a OK Computer type reality as much as I thought. :wink:

As for if they took the vaccine, this question could have been asked in the 'sick times' thread, I’d of thought not for since they live in such a remote area, I wouldn’t think they’d be in contact with many people (besides friends and family) so although a vaccines are to protect others, without many human interaction in the pentland hills (in my opinion) I wouldn’t have thought so. I’d love to hear a different perspective though! :D
Then again, I hope their doing well throughout and hopefully nothings happened to them Covid-wise.

Yikes !

The correct answer you say: GuguguguGOOGLE

Dayvan Cowboy
DO YOU THINK BOC GOT VACCINATED?

-This is how much I care

Tho, Hope they never mix whiskey with cola and spaghetti with mayonez, that's an opposite to nosebleeds

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:Honestly, who knows. At the very least, I reckon they'd be dead against the whole 'vaccine passport' thing, due to their stance on human rights.

That's my stance tbh. I got vaccinated and I strongly support everyone getting vaxxed, to the point that I won't invite folks who refuse vaccinations into my house or around my kids, but I'm also very opposed to vaccine mandates.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:Honestly, who knows. At the very least, I reckon they'd be dead against the whole 'vaccine passport' thing, due to their stance on human rights.

That's my stance tbh. I got vaccinated and I strongly support everyone getting vaxxed, to the point that I won't invite folks who refuse vaccinations into my house or around my kids, but I'm also very opposed to vaccine mandates.

So, you are opposing oxymorons like health passes, while stand for the main thing, for which they are for. lol. One hand giving a candy, while other give through the butt with some belt

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

So, you are opposing oxymorons like health passes, while stand for the main thing, for which they are for. lol. One hand giving a candy, while other give through the butt with some belt

I don't think you understand what he is saying. This is about freedom of choice. He chooses to get a vaccin and not let people in his house who didn't get one, because those people choose not to. A mandate is the opposite of freedom of choice, directly or indirectly. I think that's the thing he has a problem with (and so do I btw). Fuck government intervention.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:
I don't think you understand what he is saying.

Do you? You can not get health pass without getting vaccinated. By saying, that he stands for one and at the same time opposing other, is simple ignorance. Do you understand ?

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote:

Do you? You can not get health pass without getting vaccinated. By saying, that he stands for one and at the same time opposing other, is simple ignorance. Do you understand ?

Okay let me elaborate. He is saying he is PRO vaccines, but he is AGAINST vaccin mandates. What is so hard to understand about that? In other words, while he supports getting a vaccin, he says it should not be forced by a government mandate.

Dayvan Cowboy
let's stop this conversation before it unravels into a full blown 'vaccine-freedom of choice row'. this could be continued on the 'sick times' thread. that one's set up for this type of debate.
(i hope by saying this i'm left out of it though! :] )
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:let's stop this conversation before it unravels into a full blown 'vaccine-freedom of choice row'. this could be continued on the 'sick times' thread. we already have one set up for this type of debate.
(i hope by saying this i'm left out of it tho! :])

I hear ya. Was just pointing out the difference.

Please carry on :D

PS. No I don't think they got a vaccin, just a gut feeling!

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:
arvy wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote:

Okay let me elaborate. He is saying he is PRO vaccines, but he is AGAINST vaccin mandates. What is so hard to understand about that? In other words, while he supports getting a vaccin, he says it should not be forced by a government mandate.

A little more of self awareness wouldn’t hurt. By sorting people between vaxxinated and not, you just helping the system. Which you also fighting against.

Happy Cycler
I don't think this thread is helpful at all and I'd make a case for it being locked...

Eagle Minded
can anyone in nz confirm if you're forced to get the vax to leave the country? i know in the uk you don't
(i'm assuming the change of their youtube channel location from new zealand to uk means they did move)
yes, i would love to be free!

*hits the back button*
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Next

Return to The Playground