Depression

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
NorthSaturnian wrote:i feel so weak, and nothing interests me anymore. how do i get over this? would appreciate to hear some stories of recovery. i feel trapped.

The fact that you want to get over it implies you see it as an obstacle and causes it to persist. Even though it is honest and understandable that is not the way and causes your suffering. There is a deep truth to these feelings and they are only here to help you divert your attention away from experience towards your peaceful Being that you already are (unknowingly).

Just sit with those feelings of weakness and/or boredom or whatever it is and just allow it to be. Just say: "I surrender to my experience" and really mean it and connect with it. It's all about not fighting Life. Life can take on any form, including the feeling of weakness and boredom. It might be uncomfortable and we want to get away from those experiences but they are just as pure as the more desirable feelings. You can't split Life into two categories.

The 'I' that experiences "negative" feelings or thoughts is the same 'I' that experiences the opposite "positive" ones. Therein lies the liberation from all experience, from the world.

The reason you feel trapped is because you are identified with your mind, thinking. What you are (awareness) is always already free from any experience. See that all experience (including thoughts) comes and goes, only you as the 'I' Awareness is always here and now. It never began and therefore cannot end. It sees everything come and go. That is inner peace.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:i feel so weak, and nothing interests me anymore. how do i get over this? would appreciate to hear some stories of recovery. i feel trapped.

Time. Time puts everything in its place. And give answers to all the questions. Give it time

Dayvan Cowboy
You ever feel like saying or sharing something, then your realize nobody really cares, and then you just.. don't.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
i got over it :mrgreen:
turns out all i needed to do was stop sulking and moping
thank you wonderful twoism.org people for the great advice in this thread. :D
wishing the best for any brothers struggling right now
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:i got over it :mrgreen:
Never woulda thought of that :roll:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:i got over it :mrgreen:
Never woulda thought of that :roll:

oh you know what i mean, that was just my case. i'm not saying depression = just being lazy or mopey
:|

Sherbet Head
I think what some people call a depression is just a small period in their life where they feel like shit or are stuck, often caused by external circumstances. But that's not comparable to a real depression.

Either way, it doesn't really matter because the way to approach it is the same in both cases. Though in the latter it is much more persistent and intense most of the time so it requires a lot more willingness to get through it. And most importantly compared to the former case it is mostly an existential crisis, which is why it persists. There is literally no end to it if it isn't treated right.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Lost my job on Friday. Co-workers are slowly coming out of the woodwork to let me know that they're suffering the same sort of intimidation from management. A lot of mine was discriminatory and it was not fun. :(

I have other things lined up thankfully. But, still.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:Lost my job on Friday. Co-workers are slowly coming out of the woodwork to let me know that they're suffering the same sort of intimidation from management. A lot of mine was discriminatory and it was not fun. :(

I have other things lined up thankfully. But, still.

discriminatory? how so?
yes, i would love to be free!

I don't feel too comfortable going into it since there's an investigation being looked into everything and I'm easily Googlable, but it was gender and sexuality based.

Starting to land on my feet a bit more quickly than I thought I would, I think? There are a lot of prospects lined up so that I don't go into financial peril, but it still feels shakey and I have a lot of anxiety around it. I'm sure once employment is official it'll calm me.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Happy Cycler
Shit man, hope you're ok. That fucking sucks.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Previous

Return to The Playground