post your photography thread!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I like the first one, it's slightly confusing. Your brain is not sure if the terrain is like that or if it was taken with a fisheye lense.
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
A few select photos from my recent vacation to Crescent City CA. Having been living in an isolated desert for years, it was quite surreal to be standing at both the edge of the state and the country, staring out into a seemingly endless sea obscured by fog.
https://imgur.com/a/KUZo3M3
I should note that as I was at the lighthouse, there was a large family taking pictures with one holding a toddler and another looking out over the cliff and it reminded me of the MHTRTC cover.

In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:A few select photos from my recent vacation to Crescent City CA. Having been living in an isolated desert for years, it was quite surreal to be standing at both the edge of the state and the country, staring out into a seemingly endless sea obscured by fog.
https://imgur.com/a/KUZo3M3
I should note that as I was at the lighthouse, there was a large family taking pictures with one holding a toddler and another looking out over the cliff and it reminded me of the MHTRTC cover.

In awe. These look moody and dreary (in a good way), the beach at greypoint. Contrasting that battered tree gives the shots a gothic atmosphere.
Place looks like a long lost relative to Gorillaz' Plastic Beach
Very well composed shots all round. :D

Sherbet Head
My long awaited 3rd film photography post (41 pictures): https://imgur.com/a/5dauiTv

As always, here is a taste of the album before you click:

Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:My long awaited 3rd film photography post (41 pictures): https://imgur.com/a/5dauiTv

Amazing shots! I like the urban settings in most of them. :)

Dayvan Cowboy

phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
Finally got around to scanning my first successful film reel. Here's one of my fave's from it:

And a lil' video of the rest

phpBB [media]
nothing is real

Sherbet Head

If you've got disposables, wait a few months after the expiration to get them developed. They'll come out a little faded but it's a cool result

New Seed
as of right now i have 216 rolls of film left to process (shot mostly between 2014ish-2021) so i switched primarily to older digital cameras in 2018. i mostly shoot sub-4-megapixel cameras, since 2019 mostly the nikon coolpix 3200. i'm trying to document the intersection between architecture, infrastructure and nature. kind of a new topographics thing.

a few recent shots from washington, michigan and california -

more here, if you feel so inclined: tumblr
Last edited by 333 on Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sherbet Head
333 wrote:as of right now i have 216 rolls of film left to process (shot mostly between 2014ish-2021) so i switched primarily to older digital cameras in 2018. i mostly shoot sub-4-megapixel cameras, since 2019 mostly the nikon coolpix 3200. i'm trying to document the intersection between architecture, infrastructure and nature. kind of a new topogrraphics thing.

Dude these are all so sick! You can tell where is where in each photo when you look for long enough.

New Seed
steeldancer-x wrote:
333 wrote:as of right now i have 216 rolls of film left to process (shot mostly between 2014ish-2021) so i switched primarily to older digital cameras in 2018. i mostly shoot sub-4-megapixel cameras, since 2019 mostly the nikon coolpix 3200. i'm trying to document the intersection between architecture, infrastructure and nature. kind of a new topogrraphics thing.

Dude these are all so sick! You can tell where is where in each photo when you look for long enough.

hey, thanks! i appreciate it. and that was a faster response than i expected too - i've been coming here since 2011, and with how quiet things are nowadays, i thought it might be a bit longer than it took me to cut out an extra "r" from my original post!

Dayvan Cowboy
333 wrote:as of right now i have 216 rolls of film left to process (shot mostly between 2014ish-2021) so i switched primarily to older digital cameras in 2018. i mostly shoot sub-4-megapixel cameras, since 2019 mostly the nikon coolpix 3200. i'm trying to document the intersection between architecture, infrastructure and nature. kind of a new topographics thing.

Ey up! I think I saw your post a while back now on the introduce yourself thread, you mentioned your tumblr and these are grand, engrossing rolls! I love low-light photography, yours give off a very desolate feeling. They really are brill! 8)
(I can only emanate film rolls through camera effects, perhaps you lot are inclining me to go classiqe.)

333 wrote:hey, thanks! i appreciate it. and that was a faster response than i expected too - i've been coming here since 2011, and with how quiet things are nowadays, i thought it might be a bit longer than it took me to cut out an extra "r" from my original post!

Legend says smoke comes out of her keyboard! :P

Dayvan Cowboy
333 wrote:as of right now i have 216 rolls of film left to process (shot mostly between 2014ish-2021) so i switched primarily to older digital cameras in 2018. i mostly shoot sub-4-megapixel cameras, since 2019 mostly the nikon coolpix 3200. i'm trying to document the intersection between architecture, infrastructure and nature. kind of a new topographics thing.

daz·zi·na·tion
/dæˌzɪˈnāSHən/

noun:
a feeling that one's immediate surroundings are fabricated and in an isolated state of existence, as if an elaborate movie set or digital/virtual creation; usually exacerbated during the middle of night.

daz·zi·an
/dæˌziˈən/

adjective:
evoking the feelings or sensations pertaining to dazzination

Dayvan Cowboy
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Holiday snaps

Sherbet Head
>;0

Sherbet Head
Forest Moon

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
I love this thread. There's a lot of cool shots in here.

Question for all of you photographers out there. How did you learn photography?

Sherbet Head
Josh wrote:I love this thread. There's a lot of cool shots in here.

Question for all of you photographers out there. How did you learn photography?

My family were always avid photo takers, Not photographers as such, There were always cameras and new stacks of photos every month.

I was given disposable cameras to take on holidays since I was 6 or 7, Very common in the 90s, and maybe earlier?

I got my first decent camera at about 14, Then my dad let me use his digital Sony Mavica with floppy disk drive in it in 1999, This is when I started listening to BoC and loving the photography on the artwork and the degraded look of broken cameras, crappy settings and bad film.

Then I started to see professional landscape photography and was blown away by what I saw, Especially long exposure waterfalls. I had no idea how to create that type of photo and so I bagan researching the net and reading books.

Next step was my first dslr Olympus micro 4/3rds with manual controls, a tripod and an ND filter and I took my first ever long exposure waterfall. I was so proud of myself and thought.. I can do this!

But there is a lot more to it than long exposures.. There is depth of field - Aperture, ISO and of course photo editing, Dodging and burning, Composition, Learning to tell a story with a photograph. so I began to learn everything, Taking photos of random things literally every day and the camera settings became natural.

So I set out to upgrade my camera, Nikon D5100 and a tokina wide angle, Tripod and started mountain climbing to get epic landscapes, Then I got more into wildlife photography and have since moved on to more creative Art-ography, I like pure unedited perfectly composed images, But I also love using Lightroom to make creative stuff.

Essentially I started photography for something to do for fun but BoC really inspired me to get out there and get creative!

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground