EXPLAIN YOUR AVATAR THREAD

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:
bleak. wrote:a showl?! oh mexicola...!

mine is mr benn.

Absolutely loved that programme :)

I think that's where my obsession with becoming a spacemen when I grew up stemmed from :D

a spaceman! aww haha! i loved the intro, and still do now. especially when it's all wobbly and grainy like this clip - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFcIJWe0zE

Happy Cycler
man this thread hasn't been poked in a while!

methinks y'all have been cheating and explaining your avatars in other threads!!

mexicola i love the hell out of your footy signature. i wish the whole world was pixels.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

turquoise70 wrote:mexicola i love the hell out of your footy signature. i wish the whole world was pixels.

For those who don't know, it was taken from the 1970 World Cup final in Mexico. Brazil beat Italy 4-1 with arguably the greatest football team in history. They didn't so much win it as take the p@#s out of everyone else in the tournament.

This goal is regularly voted the greatest goal of all time and was scored by Carlos Alberto, Brazils captain. The original BBC footage is fantastic, complete with early 70's style commentary, delivered down a cruddy telephone line, just as foreign sports commentary should be. All this digital broadcasting today is very clever, but something about the crappy, hissy compressed vocal sound just takes me way back.

Enjoy. The forth Brazil goal is about 4 mins into the footage.

PS - my new avatar is the old BBC television test card circa late 70's early 80's. Back in the day when TV in the UK had 3 channels and only started at around 4pm, this image used to be played through the daytime hours, with music playing over the top.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mine is just a pic of me at my brothers birthday night out in Bristol couple of years ago taken with my Lomography Coloursplash camera, bit fed up of it.....might change it i think

Sherbet Head
Now I've changed it my last post won't really make sense

Old picture = Image

New pic = Image

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:mexicola i love the hell out of your footy signature. i wish the whole world was pixels.

PS - my new avatar is the old BBC television test card circa late 70's early 80's. Back in the day when TV in the UK had 3 channels and only started at around 4pm, this image used to be played through the daytime hours, with music playing over the top.

Very 'Sensible Soccer', love it!
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Dayvan Cowboy
It's a frame from a Fringe video
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Site Admin
<-- my son holding my finger :)
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
My avatar is a snowflake forming in the laboratory, with an odd little flickery bit in the animation. The colors range from white to an icey blue. Note that the snowflake has six points of symmetry about its axis. Coincidence? Yes.

Eagle Minded
mine is me on halloween dressed as a republican.

braaains
-Hunter

Sherbet Head
it's majik, or is it?
Last edited by novayshun on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Mine's a a big ol' rock in the ocean near my house that i took a picture of, then polarized all the colors.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Sherbet Head
Everyone was doing owls at the time. I'm lazy. Me still have owl.
Viper.

Sherbet Head
Skytree wrote:My avatar is a snowflake forming in the laboratory, with an odd little flickery bit in the animation. The colors range from white to an icey blue. Note that the snowflake has six points of symmetry about its axis. Coincidence? Yes.

I'm glad you took the time to explain all that, as I am both colorblind and blind.
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
CoBoC wrote:
Skytree wrote:My avatar is a snowflake forming in the laboratory, with an odd little flickery bit in the animation. The colors range from white to an icey blue. Note that the snowflake has six points of symmetry about its axis. Coincidence? Yes.

I'm glad you took the time to explain all that, as I am both colorblind and blind.

lol coboc, you crack me the hell up
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
CoBoC wrote:

You're very welcome, CoBoC. However, I am sorry to hear of your condition, and thus your inability to differentiate between "white" and "icey blue". They really are quite lovely colors, when combined.

Dayvan Cowboy
my face, crudely Photoshopped

Sherbet Head
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:Image

8)

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground