EXPLAIN YOUR AVATAR THREAD

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I miss my Atari2600.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
My avatar is a photo of the Earlyburn Observatory. I took it on the night of the mad "BOC party at some crazy map reference" a couple of years ago. It was a bit underexposed as my flash was too dark. I changed the contrast and colour, made it into gif frames, inverted some of it and made it a gif animation. Then aged it a bit in iMovie. So it looks a bit like a very sudden sunrise at the wee observatory in the Pentlands. Or a sudden thermonuclear explosion... :)

Sherbet Head
observation wrote:My avatar is a photo of the Earlyburn Observatory. I took it on the night of the mad "BOC party at some crazy map reference" a couple of years ago. It was a bit underexposed as my flash was too dark. I changed the contrast and colour, made it into gif frames, inverted some of it and made it a gif animation. Then aged it a bit in iMovie. So it looks a bit like a very sudden sunrise at the wee observatory in the Pentlands. Or a sudden thermonuclear explosion... :)

Very cool man. I never would have guessed what that was otherwise.

Sherbet Head
<<<<<<<| facing away from the wonderful laser show

Sherbet Head
novayshun wrote:<<<<<<<| facing away from the wonderful laser show

Man you look so familiar, can't put my finger on who you look like though.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Sherbet Head
88marquis wrote:
novayshun wrote:<<<<<<<| facing away from the wonderful laser show

Man you look so familiar, can't put my finger on who you look like though.

jabba the hut?

Eagle Minded
a picture i took of a building in long beach, ca. added duotones and vector art of a digitized elephant. the piece is called "white elephant" i had it displayed in an art gallery in south pasadena, ca. later on i made it the album cover for "feeling sorry for inanimate objects". "White Elephant" is also a track on the same album.

Dayvan Cowboy

Scan from an anniversary magazine about Pinkpop, apparently the oldest annual festival in the world, based in the Netherlands. This picture was taken on '78 or '79 edition of the festival. The girl you see in the picture is exactly my kind of girl ;). I have wondered many times who she is, and where she is..

Many great bands such as The Incredible String Band have performed on Pinkpop, only a few hundred metres from my house.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
a mayan indian.

visited Tulum Mexico in October and went to the Mayan ruins. They are the only ruins in the area that sit on the beach....and the beach is breath taking...very inspirational
Last edited by The Other on Sat May 09, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
heh, mayan beach house

Sherbet Head
Mine's a THX-1138 android.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Dayvan Cowboy
The Other wrote:a mayan indian.

visited Tulum Mexico in October and went to the Mayan ruins there. They are the only ruins in the area that are right on the beach....and the beach is breath taking...very inspirational

That's beautiful--I've never heard of Tulum, but it sounds like a destination to put on my list.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Dayvan Cowboy
Mine is from an OBE.

Dayvan Cowboy
wwbjd wrote:Mine is from an OBE.

Is it one you experienced?

By the way, is that a tilt-shifted photo?
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
Twoist wrote:Mine's a THX-1138 android.

amazing.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Posts Quantity
Guido wrote:Image

Scan from an anniversary magazine about Pinkpop, apparently the oldest annual festival in the world, based in the Netherlands. This picture was taken on '78 or '79 edition of the festival. The girl you see in the picture is exactly my kind of girl ;). I have wondered many times who she is, and where she is..

Many great bands such as The Incredible String Band have performed on Pinkpop, only a few hundred metres from my house.

Guido, a thousand thank yous...

1 thank you for the enlarged pic - it hurts my eyes to try and focus on the girl in your tiny avatar :)
2 thank you for not saying "this is my girlfriend, isn't she hot" because I was always a bit jealous...

OK that's only two thank yous but you know what I mean. Thank you. :)

Elite innit. I'm hoping everyone here knows this game? If not, go now and IMMERSE....
Last edited by Mexicola on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slow down...

Site Admin
What about that lovely computerized footbal scene in your sig?

My new one is a macro of my little kiddo which is holding my hand(read: finger).
Life is a Frequency

Aesthetics wrote:What about that lovely computerized footbal scene in your sig?

Cheers! Go back to page 6 of this thread for an explanation :wink:

Beautiful photo you have there. My fiancé gives an "Ahhh" each time she sees it.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
The artwork from Daniel Menche's "Wolf's Milk". If anyone's into Noise/ Drone I recommend a listen.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground