Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Jinzo ningen, KIKAIDAAAAAAAA

Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 am

Frank wrote:

a thread where no one is the same.

Sat May 09, 2009 8:09 am

Kubrick and Stars of the Lid. Word.

Sat May 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Kubrick is the tits! 2001 is easily easily easily my favorite piece of cinema.

mine is from a bunch of photos i've taken around the area i live - one of them is reynold's park watertower ;)

Sat May 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Mine is just the logo I made for myself out of boredom. Every so often I change the inside whilst keeping the shape the same...

Sat May 09, 2009 9:43 pm

untune wrote:Mine is just the logo I made for myself out of boredom. Every so often I change the inside whilst keeping the shape the same...

If you take the brightest spots out, the image in the background looks like Ian Brown.
:D

Sat May 09, 2009 9:59 pm

This is the logo for Polytone amplifiers. Polytone is my favorite amplifier manufacturer.

Sat May 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Mexicola wrote:
untune wrote:Mine is just the logo I made for myself out of boredom. Every so often I change the inside whilst keeping the shape the same...

If you take the brightest spots out, the image in the background looks like Ian Brown.

You're right that's freaky :?

It's a photo of out of focus streetlights in London! How did the Manc monkey get in there

Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 pm

untune wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

You're right that's freaky :?

It's a photo of out of focus streetlights in London! How did the Manc monkey get in there

Freaky! :D

Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 pm

King Monkey gets everywhere! He's a cheeky Manc-monkey-ninja :P

Sat May 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Mine's a picture of me my girlfriend snapped randomly, with a moving camera, when I wasn't looking. It turned out decently :)

Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 am

Mine is a picture of a very good friend of mine.
The picture is taken by night, with her shining a flashlight under her face.
Then I inversed the picture, and used a greentone after that.

'The imprisoned scream'.

Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 am

J Dilla baaaabaaaay.

Re: EXPLAIN YOUR AVATAR THREAD

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Anyone want to unearth this topic? Might be good to see the stories behind the new faces.

My avatar is my uncle harry, who was a children’s entertainer in the 70’s. He did performance’s at local variety called ‘Simon says’ and this photo is him pulling a shocked comical expression. It was taken to advertise a show he was doing at a holiday camp. Circa 1978 :D
My name is a pen name I go by for writing & illustrating (keen surrealist)

What’s yours about?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Excellent background story Orbited insanitarium.

My avatar is the screenshot at 3 minutes and 26 seconds of an unofficial clip of the best track by the best band in the world

phpBB [media]

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Mafache wrote:Excellent background story Orbited insanitarium.

My avatar is the screenshot at 3 minutes and 26 seconds of an unofficial clip of the best track by the best band in the world

phpBB [media]

Great stuff, I thought I recognised that shot somewhere, funny to think that 747 wasn’t put onto a main release since a alternative take was on R35TT :wink:

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Very cool story Orb.

My avatar is a familiar one to some of you, I reckon. It shows the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:54 pm

It's a piece of graffiti from a wall in Newcastle. If you can't make it out, it says "Go out and create a senseless act of beauty" - I saw it and really liked the sentiment. Then slapped a *vintage* filter over it because that's the kind of thing you did in 2010.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:28 pm

i think i was enjoying tilt-shift photos, used a lot in adult swim bumps back in the late aughts, and so i picked something from that realm (probably from flickr, unattributed :oops:) when i joined twoism.org, also in the late aughts

at some point, maybe 2011 or 2012 or so, we were slapping carrots onto our avatars. can't remember why! but why take it away now? :lol:

the name is one i've used online for over 15 years now

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Waterbagel wrote:i think i was enjoying tilt-shift photos, used a lot in adult swim bumps back in the late aughts, and so i picked something from that realm (probably from flickr, unattributed :oops:) when i joined twoism.org, also in the late aughts

at some point, maybe 2011 or 2012 or so, we were slapping carrots onto our avatars. can't remember why! but why take it away now? :lol:

the name is one i've used online for over 15 years now

I like it, waterbagel Is an intriguing name! Let it be inducted into the ‘username hall of fame‘ :wink:
Post a reply