Original Artwork Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Pardon the double post, but I finally got around to finishing this one.

I think I'm getting better? I wish I had a more suitable way to share this kind of stuff.

Don't mind the double post, there's only a few people posting on this topic anyway. :P (Where you artists at?!)

The colour scheme on this one is shouting 'playful' to me personally, it's quite alluring.

The only place I think that would might be a good host is if you created a DeviantArt page (even though that place is basically dead at this point.) It seems like postimage deletes after 1 month when using them as a host. But that's my only idea I'm afraid. :|

I have been completing some new trippy artwork of my own recently. These are working titles currently. :wink:

1. Freeze-frame neu

2. 90's rave'y type cover

3.cosmilogically

4. Blurred vogler/skygaze

5. Clarity Ausqe

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:The only place I think that would might be a good host is if you created a DeviantArt page (even though that place is basically dead at this point.) It seems like postimage deletes after 1 month when using them as a host. But that's my only idea I'm afraid. :|

Admittedly I've been setting them to auto-delete after a month as I've been conflicted as to if I'm okay with having stuff I may/may not be proud of just floating in the internet ether. I'll have to upscale my 1080x1080 ones if I want them to be accurate anyway :wink: . I've contemplated deviantart though. Quasi-related but I recently discovered that there's an entire subreddit devoted to fake album covers, 'course I don't have a Reddit account either :|

I have been completing some new trippy artwork of my own recently. These are working titles currently. :wink:

1. Freeze-frame neu

2. 90's rave'y type cover

3.cosmilogically

4. Blurred vogler/skygaze

5. Clarity Ausqe

These are all great, really pleasing to my love of vibrant and abstract colors :D . "90's Rave'y type cover" fittingly reminds me of The Prodigy's video for Out of Space. Is the first one a picture of the band Neu?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:These are all great, really pleasing to my love of vibrant and abstract colors :D . "90's Rave'y type cover" fittingly reminds me of The Prodigy's video for Out of Space. Is the first one a picture of the band Neu?

Cheers rodox! :wink:

I can see what you mean about the MV for the prodigy, really over saturated and bright. I thought the clouds on that one had the same look as the ones in this Aphex Lichen video which is visually gorgeous. :D
phpBB [media]

And yes, It is Neu!
They were doing a virtual interview over zoom for a documentary on the BBC that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. Something about Kroutrock presumably.
But it is a heavily edited photograph of the television screen. I compiled lots of images into one. :]

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I can see what you mean about the MV for the prodigy, really over saturated and bright. I thought the clouds on that one had the same look as the ones in this Aphex Lichen video which is visually gorgeous. :D
phpBB [media]

knew that looked familiar! spot on!

Dayvan Cowboy
Something I made quickly 'cause I thought it was kinda funny. Smith was afraid of turning 39, as I am of turning 28, I guess.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Image

I got the cure reference on this one! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I got the cure reference on this one! :D

...You give me letters of love
....I let fall letters of blood

Honestly I think the real artwork was that wordplay :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
New psychedelia inspired photograph from me. :)

1. Street Spirit

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
My most recent.

1. Cementation/Strats

Dayvan Cowboy
@Orbited
Is Street Spirit made of overlaying photos?
___
Something I conceptualized back in mid 2020 when I had no experience in image manipulation (I didn't even know how to paint straight lines). It was initially inspired by all the chaos at the time, then the actual fires started happening. Purely by coincidence, the original image dimensions were 666x666.

Spoiler: show

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:@Orbited
Is Street Spirit made of overlaying photos?
___
Something I conceptualized back in mid 2020 when I had no experience in image manipulation (I didn't even know how to paint straight lines). It was initially inspired by all the chaos at the time, then the actual fires started happening. Purely by coincidence, the original image dimensions were 666x666.

Yeah Street Spirit is a bit of an amalgamation, the colours are a gaseous oily exhaust residue (most likely from a car keeping it's engine running but not moving.) on a street near me.
But the texture is a copper plate smattered with rain and drizzle, I combined both elements on my local library's computer.

I'm liking this new one quite a bit. It seems a higher resolution that your previous artwork, I like the way you have positioned her. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Made this for shits n' giggles as I've been in a creative slump recently. A tribute to Michelle Lyons, formerly known as "Chriddof" (I actually did not realize she came out as transgender until minutes before making this post)
Credit to Lyons for the original image:

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Made this for shits n' giggles as I've been in a creative slump recently. A tribute to Michelle Lyons, formerly known as "Chriddof" (I actually did not realize she came out as transgender until minutes before making this post)
Credit to Lyons for the original image:

This stencil look is great! It's amazing what you can do on GIMP nowadays.

Being frank, I'd never heard of Chriddof's work until you posted this. I'll research her further, sounds right up my surrealist alley. :]

The original source image for your edit reminded heavily of this illustration by Tilen Javornik for sci-fi mag 2000AD.
From a segment called 'Future Shocks'

Boqurant

It's kind of an old drawing but I still like it very much. Drew it when I was very very bored, picked up the mouse and started doodling. I ended up using it later for a playlist I made :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Being frank, I'd never heard of Chriddof's work until you posted this. I'll research her further, sounds right up my surrealist alley. :]

Her stuff was mostly music and video, very avant garde/dadaist type of humor. I recall a couple of instances of it getting shown on tv. Attack of the Show featured "Hank Hill.avi" and some Comedy Central late night show (I wanna say it was called "think tank") played a medley of her DAZ animations. She's been active since the late 2000s but has a habit of shutting her channels down due to mental health related matters.

Honestly, she was a little ahead of her time considering today's internet humor :)
Remulo wrote:It's kind of an old drawing but I still like it very much. Drew it when I was very very bored, picked up the mouse and started doodling. I ended up using it later for a playlist I made :D

This looks great :)

If you have more please don't be afraid to share. Orbited and I can't be the only artists on this site :wink:

Boqurant
rodox_head wrote:This looks great :)

If you have more please don't be afraid to share. Orbited and I can't be the only artists on this site :wink:

Thank you very much! I love the artwork that you and Orbited posted and I'm happy to be part of the forum's artist community!

Dayvan Cowboy
Remulo wrote:
rodox_head wrote:This looks great :)

Thank you very much! I love the artwork that you and Orbited posted and I'm happy to be part of the forum's artist community!

It's good to know that you like what we post here.
You should come to the weekly meeting, we're trying to reach three members! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
More hazy scraps I've finished up for this topic.

1. The Gargoyle's Heathen Chalice

2. Labrat decoration

3. Coaxed to Coastal

4. Vox package

Shoegaze band loveliescrushing influenced these. I've been listening to a lot of Shoegaze/reverb psychedelia recently.

Eagle Minded
the canoe one would be a killer artwork for an album
awesome shots!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground