This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
jcnporter wrote:Interested to hear what other folks on here who have a number of albums and whatever else behind them think.
yeah it's about testing stuff and finding what works for you. and a great way of find new ways of doing things is to ask around :3

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Motivation or discipline. Which is better?

https://markmanson.net/do-something
https://markmanson.net/goals

Mark Manson has written two nice articles about that. Especially the second one makes a really good point.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Site Admin
Watched this 2 years ago and stumbled upon it today again, goosebumps all over the place.
phpBB [media]
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
What if there existed a track called 737?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
I got a guitar neck with one of the new Pau Ferro (very attractive/ exotic looking) fretboards that they are using as a replacement for rosewood since the rosewood tree has been bumped up the list of endangered plants. Really like the look and feel of it, one thing no one told me is that about 25% of people are at least somewhat allergic to Pau Ferro. My eyes are irritated itching since rubbing them shortly after playing on said neck for an hour.

According to the companies that work with it, their employees gain a tolerance to the mild irritation after a couple of weeks, I've read the same from other sources so I will just have to play through it.

Sherbet Head
Why am still up?

Eagle Minded
Flory wrote:Why am still up?
rawr :oops:

Guy is drunk at the bar I’m at and went to scream “Giovanni” to his friend from the patio balcony, but it came out GEOGADDI and my inner Boards of Canada stan SHRIEKED.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:Guy is drunk at the bar I’m at and went to scream “Giovanni” to his friend from the patio balcony, but it came out GEOGADDI and my inner Boards of Canada stan SHRIEKED.

I would be so genuinely happy if I was out one evening and heard someone screaming "Geogaddi" from a Balcony nearby.

Sherbet Head
SAW2 MC21 cost to much.

Happy Cycler
Valotonin wrote:
2020k wrote:Guy is drunk at the bar I’m at and went to scream “Giovanni” to his friend from the patio balcony, but it came out GEOGADDI and my inner Boards of Canada stan SHRIEKED.

I would be so genuinely happy if I was out one evening and heard someone screaming "Geogaddi" from a Balcony nearby.

My inner Boards of Canada stan has a lucrative career in the comic book industry.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

My inner Boards of Canada stan has a lucrative career in the comic book industry.

Haha

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Similarly,

https://archive.org/details/TheRubaiyat ... llustrated

This is my favourite bit of poetry which has hung around me like a talisman for many years. (Particularly the lines about regret "The moving finger writes and having writ moves on, nor all your piety nor wit shall call it back to cancel half a line, nor all your tears wash out a word of it", which I sampled in one of the very few bits of music I ever finished.) But it too has much to say on living in the now, something that took me way too long to listen to myself.

Sherbet Head
Do we even know what we sound like?

Telepath
Flory wrote:Do we even know what we sound like?

Like people that know what's up and live in the moment?

Reading hardcore sci-fi has been a good treatment for my technophobia. I'm now thoroughly underwhelmed by today's tech and the slow path it's on.

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:Reading hardcore sci-fi has been a good treatment for my technophobia. I'm now thoroughly underwhelmed by today's tech and the slow path it's on.

Speaking of technophobia, my calculus instructor actually recommended this to the class...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have_No ... ust_Scream

You can read it here...
https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uplo ... llison.pdf

Telepath
Ah thankss! I've been meaning to read that one too!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:
Flory wrote:Do we even know what we sound like?

Like people that know what's up and live in the moment?

Reading hardcore sci-fi has been a good treatment for my technophobia. I'm now thoroughly underwhelmed by today's tech and the slow path it's on.

The Japanese seem to have a better approach to the future in general.
Technology =/= anti-nature
Balance is fairly important, the western world doesn't really seem to collectively understand that yet

Nova Scotia Robot
Flory wrote:What if there existed a track called 737?

Heresy!!!!

Lol

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground