Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: This Random Thread

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:03 am

steeldancer-x wrote:Someone pls accelerate collapse so I can go in the jungle and forage for food already

We have the technology...

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:25 am

phpBB [media]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:52 am

rodox_head wrote:
steeldancer-x wrote:Someone pls accelerate collapse so I can go in the jungle and forage for food already

We have the technology...

:lol:! lol 'Official' merchandise stepping even less in the realm of relation and more towards slapping a sticker on really anything for the pounds. I believe it rodox!
Aside, burn the mother down.

For Jungle Jane, cavewoman, budding survivalist:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:31 am

phpBB [media]

Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:36 am

We're doing it again, we're killing all the the 'neanderthals' again

Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:09 am

Did Spotify's audio quality get worse all of a sudden? YT Music is still inferior to Google Play and glitches out too often. YouTube is advertising AI Waifubots that won't hesitate to peg me. Hesitation Marks was even more disappointing than I remember. How did that get so much praise while Delta Machine from the same year got such lukewarm recepetion despite being the superior album? Maybe they should've traded singers. I'm such a tool, like a crowbar or a big 'ol mallet. Smashy, Smashy!

Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:35 am

rodox_head wrote:YouTube is advertising AI Waifubots that won't hesitate to peg me.

Brilliance is sloshing out of your brain. :lol:
"I've got my little straw"

Proud. :oops:

———
I really like Delta Machine! "Welcome to my World" is Depeche by numbers (in a great way) but others are also standouts. I have the deluxe cd.... somewhere.
Haven't heard the NIN same year release.

Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:03 am

ok wow, it's been a while, "Welcome to my World" is a lot more of a minimalist and experimental opening track than I remember.

Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:49 pm

It was the opener when they toured that album and that set had a lot of their golden era stuff in it cos it just fits so well with Delta Machine's sound. Experimentation is great but sometimes playing the hits is better

Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:30 pm

Orbited insanitarium wrote:ok wow, it's been a while, "Welcome to my World" is a lot more of a minimalist and experimental opening track than I remember.

That's the last album of theirs that really grabbed me. It was released around the same time that I met my wife. We got to see them live on that tour, too. They put on a hell of a show.

Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:42 pm

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:YouTube is advertising AI Waifubots that won't hesitate to peg me.

I wish I wasn't making that up...

Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:26 pm

Cellular peptide cake

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:22 pm

rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

*was

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:43 pm

rodox_head wrote:
rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Brilliance is sloshing out of your brain. :lol:

*was

I need to see these ads and their website links then.
Interested for.... research purposes.

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 am

mechanismj wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:ok wow, it's been a while, "Welcome to my World" is a lot more of a minimalist and experimental opening track than I remember.
That's the last album of theirs that really grabbed me. It was released around the same time that I met my wife. We got to see them live on that tour, too. They put on a hell of a show.
After seeing them earlier this year, can confirm! Delta Machine is a pretty overlooked album, even to its successor Spirit, which is the only DM album I earnestly don't care for. Why any of the deluxe edition bonus tracks got put to the side is a mystery, they're all utterly fantastic songs. I love the minimalist electro stylings of Delta Machine and it's album cover is probably my second favourite of theirs. Soft Touch/Raw Nerve and Should Be Higher I could honestly imagine being sung by Trent Reznor.

It's just so.. haunting to look at 8)

This may be a hot take, but for how much people took the piss out of NIN's "Everything" for sounding poppy or whatever, it's easily the best track on the album. So much of Hesitation Marks feels so by the numbers for Trent's style that it feels like a monotonous slog at times. Satellite is a pretty good song, but it fades out just when it starts to get really good. I recall Trent saying in an interview somewhere that He couldn't put his energy into full length LPs like he used to and opted for the EP route with the trilogy for that reason. It really shows on Hesitation Marks.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:32 pm

I saw a van drive by today that had the words 'Diving Station' on its side
Good feeling

Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:19 am

I just found that David Koresh was apparently obsessed by Madonna ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_f ... nd_hackers ), it has made me think that a Geogaddi era (1969 isn't even the first BoC track to have Koresh references, but let's say it's my favorite « Koresh themed » track :D ) track incorporating Madonna could have been really interesting.

And I know that the brothers weren't even the first band to make a Koresh or Davidian reference (see Davidian by Machine Head, 6 years before IaBPOitC), but you can't tell me that such an idea isn't a interesting one. :}

Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:51 pm

I tried Quiznos yesterday since there's one close to me and let me tell you they deserve their failure.

Shoulda just gotten Subway.

Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:00 pm

Samplehunter wrote:I just found that David Koresh was apparently obsessed by Madonna ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_f ... nd_hackers ), it has made me think that a Geogaddi era (1969 isn't even the first BoC track to have Koresh references, but let's say it's my favorite « Koresh themed » track :D ) track incorporating Madonna could have been really interesting.

And I know that the brothers weren't even the first band to make a Koresh or Davidian reference (see Davidian by Machine Head, 6 years before IaBPOitC), but you can't tell me that such an idea isn't a interesting one. :}

Far too late to edit, but I was talking about Madonna samples, obviously, not drowning herself into the album. :D

Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:33 pm

I have not once ever seen the source material (and don't intend to), but I'll be damned if this song hasn't stuck in my subconscious and given me the feels for the past fifteen years.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Post a reply