This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
sick of hearing about the storms in ireland or whatever
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sad to hear about the death of Neil Kulkarni, a great writer and by all accounts lovely guy. One of the few memorable writers from my years of UK music press consumption, the first writer to consistently champion black music in a very white music press and through his writing he made me notice a whole range of biases within the press and myself that I just hadn't registered before, opening up my world and my tastes as a result. Thanks Neil.

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I almost got mauled by a dog today.

:shock:
How aggressive/what was the breed?

hopefully not a bully. i'm glad they're banning those off the uk

You never responded to my last post, so I'll ask you this my friend...

Would you hope this guy would get banned and swept off the streets if he was on his own? He's Predominantly Pit, Cane Corso, Doberman, and Border Collie. He's a heavy mix of some of the so called "most aggressive breeds."

Eagle Minded
your image isn't loading but i assume it's just a picture of one those 'aggressive breeds' being cute or whatever
i dont care if your dog looks like an angel, statistics don't lie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =652096304

read on. UK Dog Attack Figures 2023

i don't mean to start an argument, but you can't deny that these kind of dogs are much, much more aggressive and plus the fact that they can do some serious damage

yes, you can train them all you want but at the end of the day most of the people who own these dogs are clueless chavs or people who can't control them at all

Sherbet Head
^ it is bc pitbulls spiked in popularity (in the uk) bc of covid from 2020-2021
a lot of these statistics are based upon an anomaly, these dogs not getting the chance to be properly socialized
it's worth taking in mind at least

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:your image isn't loading but i assume it's just a picture of one those 'aggressive breeds' being cute or whatever
i dont care if your dog looks like an angel, statistics don't lie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =652096304

read on. UK Dog Attack Figures 2023

i don't mean to start an argument, but you can't deny that these kind of dogs are much, much more aggressive and plus the fact that they can do some serious damage

yes, you can train them all you want but at the end of the day most of the people who own these dogs are clueless chavs or people who can't control them at all

It's not worth arguing, I agree. I don't necessarily fully trust one spreadsheet without cross reference and more info about the study and who does it/ how, but also yes there are reasons why certain dog breeds trend towards aggression, like for example what breeds were bred for what purposes. Anywho, statistics don't seem to corroborate my pup's behavior, he's brilliant, well-behaved and has never been aggressive. Just putting that out there cuz I'm proud of him.

The last thing I'll say that from personal experience, I've never had problems with any of these breeds. And I'll admit, the one time I did get a bit nervous was when I was playing with a pit that was toy aggressive. But again, that comes down to the training.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:Anywho, statistics don't seem to corroborate my pup's behavior, he's brilliant, well-behaved and has never been aggressive. Just putting that out there cuz I'm proud of him.

can we get a pic of the doggy? :D

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Anywho, statistics don't seem to corroborate my pup's behavior, he's brilliant, well-behaved and has never been aggressive. Just putting that out there cuz I'm proud of him.

image links don't seem to link properly but here's the direct links as well

https://imgur.com/9xZM9e2

https://imgur.com/kBL9thd

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

image links don't seem to link properly but here's the direct links as well

https://imgur.com/9xZM9e2

https://imgur.com/kBL9thd

cute

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
Did you know that Boards of Canada weren't the first band to talk about David Koresh and co?

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Despite having a Gary Numan concert to go to next week, I've been listening to Susumu Yokota most of the time. "Wonder Waltz" is a helluva lot better than I remember, and "Zero" is a helluva lot worse than I remember :lol:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head

rodox_head wrote:Despite having a Gary Numan concert to go to next week, I've been listening to Susumu Yokota most of the time. "Wonder Waltz" is a helluva lot better than I remember, and "Zero" is a helluva lot worse than I remember :lol:

Wonder Waltz slays. This is my favorite Susumu song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2Uo-DBu2o
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Despite having a Gary Numan concert to go to next week, I've been listening to Susumu Yokota most of the time. "Wonder Waltz" is a helluva lot better than I remember, and "Zero" is a helluva lot worse than I remember :lol:

Wonder Waltz slays. This is my favorite Susumu song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2Uo-DBu2o
I think my initial mistake was first listening to it through my phone's speaker while working and I just wrote it off or something. After listening to it in the right setting with headphones and, sure enough, top tier Yokota. 8)

"Amanogawa" is one of my favs too. It's neck and neck with "Warmth" and "Sky and Diamond" for best closing song. If I were to pick a favorite song (excluding stuff under pseudonyms), it might just be either "Kodomotachi" or "Gataway".

Shout out to a few favorite tracks off of Love or Die. They have a BoC-ish quality to them:
"A Slowly Fainting Memory Of Love And Respect, And Hatred"
"That Persons Hearsay Protects My Free Spirit"
"The Sacred Ceremony Concieved By Chance From An Evil Lie"

Dayvan Cowboy
it's finally the year 2000 and you're watching the fireworks on your crappy portable 4:3 telly. :lol: Get out the champers I have reached 2k!

Unfortunately, here's to another 2000 of saying "in The Playground, no-one can hear you scream"

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:it's finally the year 2000 and you're watching the fireworks on your crappy portable 4:3 telly. :lol: Get out the champers I have reached 2k!

Unfortunately, here's to another 2000 of saying "in The Playground, no-one can hear you scream"
21st highest post count on the site :)

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:it's finally the year 2000 and you're watching the fireworks on your crappy portable 4:3 telly. :lol: Get out the champers I have reached 2k!

oy vey :oops:

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:

I'm 47th if that makes it any better :?

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
rodox_head wrote:21st highest post count on the site :)

I'm 47th if that makes it any better :?

Oh no no I mean "oy vey" in the sense that I think I've spent far too much time on twoism! I don't think the term means embarrassment but here, yes.

Eagle Minded
Any Vinesauce fans on twoism? I love his corruption streams

phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground