This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:this thread is random

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpN9ce_qF0

i cant get anymore random than the above! :mrgreen:

that fucked my mind up. reminds me of beefheart.

Dayvan Cowboy
ross adey wrote:Image

:twisted:
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Dayvan Cowboy
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Posts Quantity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlBJ1xZK10

I'm the guy with the moustache breathing real deep like...

Also, what if jelly beans were leprechuan eggs?

If so, leprechaun eggs are delicous.
Dining is west. -Gertrude Stein

Dayvan Cowboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICJzvId ... ed&search=

I'M THE CHEESE, I'M BETTER THAN THE BALONEY AND SALAMI COMBINED

Dayvan Cowboy
Dude I know this leprechaun and hes a dj who does tons of DnB. I'm dead serious. Hes like 3 feet tall, and he has a little beard, and hes irish.

Telepath

Dayvan Cowboy
You don't like lighthouses? You suck.

Happy Cycler
Vordhosbn wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICJzvIddAM&mode=related&search=

I'M THE CHEESE, I'M BETTER THAN THE BALONEY AND SALAMI COMBINED

i used to love that show, and i think that was my favorite episode!

i praised the name of YouTube when i found that clip a few months ago XD
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
CARROTS

Telepath
Just for the nostalgia..

Dayvan Cowboy
the best thread of all possible threads - past, present and future!

Happy Cycler
and now, a series of words:

glixop

diom

biomass

lariator

peninx

nicksap

ellonorp

penglington

framsicle

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Seem when I am hungry I post pictures of food in this thread...

Dayvan Cowboy
It seems to me that the life of modem cultured man is gradually turning away from the natural: life is becoming more and more abstract. The life of truly modern man is directed neither toward the material for its own sake nor toward the predominantly emotional: rather, it takes the form of the autonomous life of the human spirit becoming conscious.

Sherbet Head
bleak. wrote:It seems to me that the life of modem cultured man is gradually turning away from the natural: life is becoming more and more abstract. The life of truly modern man is directed neither toward the material for its own sake nor toward the predominantly emotional: rather, it takes the form of the autonomous life of the human spirit becoming conscious.

We are still living in ancient times. Religion and government still control the masses.
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S

Happy Cycler
i think it's false that religion and government control the masses the same amount that they did long ago. they do it a lot less. the masses just happen to be pretty stupid no matter who's at the helm. don't expect much from ordinary people. the truth is, most of humanity is just not destined for greatness. whether they're controlled by an evil autocrat and his propaganda or off living a free life in the wilderness, they're idiots and will live and die the same noisy shallow existences they always have.

and i think all of us here are included in that number. definitely i am.

so there's my two cents.

Dayvan Cowboy
Story time.

It's apparently roughly 7pm – according to my little cousin, who I have brought with me to a field. I reckon I had best try to turn him into a hippy whilst he's still malleable; before it's too late. The sun looks to be still relatively high in the sky; although it's getting to the point where it will soon disappear behind the single tall tree and the single brick building on the horizon. So waist high in reeds and grass with my cousin, I pull out my cheap mp3 player and turn on a particularly beautiful song: Sunshine Recorder. I try to introduce my cousin to Boards of Canada. He's pretty resistant. He probably doesn't realise that without electronica there would be no rave. He probably doesn't care. I doubt anybody in all of Lanarkshire knows or cares. My cousin's slight tap prompts me to take back my right earphone and put it back in. The music becomes full. It's loud, but it's not so loud that I cannot hear the things going on around me. I mean I can still, for example, hear the group of children down near the entrance laughing and having fun.

The melancholy music somehow fits… just perfectly with the scene. With the music, the scene becomes wonderfully beautiful and nostalgic – children playing in a field reminding me of my days as a perfectly normal child; synthesizer tones and found-sound voice samples reminding me of the TV I watched when I was 4; and the fact that the sun is now setting behind the aforementioned horizon of a single brick building and a tree.

I don't know what it is that triggers in me the idea of perfection, but it must be present in this scene. I find that my journey deeper into the field is slowed by the presence of a short fence, but it is not hard to jump, not hard at all. A touch reveals it isn't charged, so I don't even need to be cautious… lovely. The beautiful scene renders me perfectly relaxed. I would love to lead a life like this. I let my weight fall against a pole of wood which seems to be falling apart. It seems it can easily support a good forty, fifty kilos though – it'll survive for a while longer by that measurement.

The sun slowly edges out of sight. Dusk approaches. I suppose I would want the sun back, for the sunrise complimented the mood perfectly, but it was time to leave.

turquoise: you're right, I suppose.
My drive has always been to be the person who, though in the background, has control. The real smart people are those who can do this - if I went and wrote a completely false article for The Sun about the government being liars, it'd be tomorrow's most popular opinion.

Dayvan Cowboy
oh my

I'm starting to realize how disgusting and sinister that whole story is

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground