This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
New banner alert! (this just popped up on my front page.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but is there a new Skytree album out perhaps? :wink:
This is really refreshing, I remember seeing the stay tuned banner for Weathermonger a few years back. Just fab.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Floyd wrote a song and titled a live album this.... so I ask....

"Is There Anybody Out There?"

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:The Floyd wrote a song and titled a live album this.... so I ask....

Probably not. It gets difficult to be my usual chaotically humorous self when no one's around, plus all this mental stress is giving me cramps, or maybe I'm just on my period. :|
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:The Floyd wrote a song and titled a live album this.... so I ask....

Probably not.

Bugger.

It gets difficult to be my usual chaotically humorous self when no one's around, plus all this mental stress is giving me cramps, or maybe I'm just on my period. :|

The Playground. Population: two users. In the last few months, these threads and pages appear to be more deserted than the RFTD music video. :lol:

Ah. You gotta laugh.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:

Probably not.

Bugger.

It gets difficult to be my usual chaotically humorous self when no one's around, plus all this mental stress is giving me cramps, or maybe I'm just on my period. :|

The Playground. Population: two users. In the last few months, these threads and pages appear to be more deserted than the RFTD music video. :lol:

Ah. You gotta laugh.

But as the old saying goes...

phpBB [media]

...or maybe it does, idk lol :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Enchanting track with haunting lyrics found on a 1993 Royal Bank Of Scotland cassette featuring demos of bands recorded at Edinburgh's Jewel And Esk Valley College. Little is known about the composer, the inlay card features no tracklisting or artist credits, though a brief introduction is given at the start of the cassette - although it doesn't appear to be consistent with the actual running order.

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Goodnight twoism. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Happy Cycler
I'm off to NYC and Canada tomorrow for two and a half weeks. Gonna be reppin' my BoC shirt out there.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Goodnight twoism. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

How much is the fish?

phpBB [media]
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
portiss wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Goodnight twoism. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

How much is the fish?

phpBB [media]

Not much. A few euros. But you have to be quick, cos the fish is rising!
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity

RIP
1986 Summer Fire

Dayvan Cowboy
Quadrivium wrote:Image

RIP

Aye be at peace Ma'am.

It's been a strange couple of weeks, between Liz passing today, the cost of living crisis in full-fucking-swing, and the new *sigh* Tory Prime Minister Mrs. Truss being appointed, my head keeps swirling from bad news to more bad news.

Dayvan Cowboy
I could see the clouds from 40 miles away:

Dayvan Cowboy
Life is like a vegetarian burrito; you think it's gonna be filled with rice and beans, but it's actually mostly sour cream and guacamole and it usually gets thrown away halfway through.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Life is like a vegetarian burrito; you think it's gonna be filled with rice and beans, but it's actually mostly sour cream and guacamole and it usually gets thrown away halfway through.

Twoism's answer to Forrest Gump, r_h there, speaking at the annual life anecdote competition.

Unrelated, but for many years I thought Subway franchise shops are called that because they were exclusively situated in subways.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Life is like a vegetarian burrito; you think it's gonna be filled with rice and beans, but it's actually mostly sour cream and guacamole and it usually gets thrown away halfway through.

Twoism's answer to Forrest Gump, r_h there, speaking at the annual life anecdote competition.
Joking aside, I wouldn't wish a vegetarian burrito on anyone.
Unrelated, but for many years I thought Subway franchise shops are called that because they were exclusively situated in subways.
They're called "Subway" because their sandwiches are "Subpar" :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:They're called "Subway" because their sandwiches are "Subpar" :lol:

If I'm completely honest, I've never gone in one. :)

Wacky story: Last time I went for a meal in a fast food giant was a McDonalds in Scarborough in the last few hours of a holiday, would've been 2012 or 2013. I threw up on the train back, but not because of the meal, I unintentionally pressed the "In Emergency's" button on the station platform, instantly regretted it.
Once in the carriage I thought the Yorkshire police would be after me, silly I know, still I imagined I'd be arrested or on a watchlist. Sick from fear. :lol: :oops:

Posts Quantity
Feeling pretty gloomy and discouraged lately. Prices of everyday items are fucking soaring and don’t even get me started on gas & electricity. Monthly bill is going up by hundreds (!!!) as of next month. Don’t know how much longer I’ll last under these circumstances.
1986 Summer Fire

Dayvan Cowboy
Quadrivium wrote:Feeling pretty gloomy and discouraged lately. Prices of everyday items are fucking soaring and don’t even get me started on gas & electricity. Monthly bill is going up by hundreds (!!!) as of next month. Don’t know how much longer I’ll last under these circumstances.

Mind me asking, are you also in the UK? (Or as I'm calling it from now on, the United King"doom")

These prices are utterly horrendous I agree.

Posts Quantity
Quadrivium wrote:Feeling pretty gloomy and discouraged lately. Prices of everyday items are fucking soaring and don’t even get me started on gas & electricity. Monthly bill is going up by hundreds (!!!) as of next month. Don’t know how much longer I’ll last under these circumstances.

Mind me asking, are you also in the UK? (Or as I'm calling it from now on, the United King"doom")

These prices are utterly horrendous I agree.

I’m from The Continent. I feel as though almost everyone is being hit by this BS. I’m actually quite scared of the consequences of all this.
1986 Summer Fire

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground