This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Got a chesty cough... something's going round I think.

Tried to escape being bunged up and cooped up so I went for a short walk. And the one thing I just cannot understand is this temperature. It might as well be fucking sub-zero.
A week ago it was 17°, now it's November, the oncoming winter is ALREADY trying to freeze me up!

It's 19° where I am (I'm not saying this is cold) and this is during a warm surge, where it was much colder in parts of October and will probably be 0° in about a week or two. Fuck New York. I'll fortunately be going to Phoenix for most of November through January.

Every year, I'm reminded of our Australian friends. This is fantastic for them. Wooooo.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
The person you're in love with walks past you milliseconds after you made a facial expression reminiscent of a pensioner recieving an enema.
Damn it, you spring out of nowhere at the worst of times.

I feel like I'm in an Adrian Mole novel...

Dayvan Cowboy
After ~3 years of solitude I ventured into the public last night, and it was a positive experience. It feels surreal when I think about it, but at least I have something to do when I have Tuesdays off now.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:After ~3 years of solitude I ventured into the public last night, and it was a positive experience. It feels surreal when I think about it, but at least I have something to do when I have Tuesdays off now.

Pleased to hear this! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:After ~3 years of solitude I ventured into the public last night, and it was a positive experience. It feels surreal when I think about it, but at least I have something to do when I have Tuesdays off now.

a great step indeed. how much was that period of solitude worsened due to the pandemic? nice to know that you are feeling better regardless!

Dayvan Cowboy
While rounding out my adventure into Susumu Yokota's discography, I didn't expect to hear "Heard From Telegraph Lines" sampled into a dance beat
phpBB [media]

Also, to the user who recommended both Yokota and Rei Harakami to me about 10 years ago, I regret not looking into them until a couple years ago after listening to an old anime soundtrack :P

Dayvan Cowboy
I have discovered I can do a spookily accurate impression of Alex Turners singing voice. Trying out a few tracks and it sounds uncanny. Can do 505, Why'd You Only Call Me When Your High, Arabella & Crying Lightning.

"I'm gonna form a covers band an' all."

Dayvan Cowboy
"Hello son, good luck next week for yer Birthday."

I guess I now have the same hair length as Jesus Christ according to the lads over at CeX.

Friendly Stranger
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I have discovered I can do a spookily accurate impression of Alex Turners singing voice. Trying out a few tracks and it sounds uncanny. Can do 505, Why'd You Only Call Me When Your High, Arabella & Crying Lightning.

"I'm gonna form a covers band an' all."

The Artic Monkeys were mediocre. Bunch of thugs as well in my opinion and all those mid 00s indie bands are best forgotten. At least Britpop was good natured and optimistic. None of that latent aggression which crept into youth culture in the late 90s and is evident in the majority of younger people still to this day. Except transgender young people who are some of the nicest people I've ever met but they're certainly not typical of the majority of the younger generation. Unfortunately.
Being a participant in the Covid-19 vaccination initiative gave renewed meaning to my life.

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:"Hello son, good luck next week for yer Birthday."

I guess I now have the same hair length as Jesus Christ according to the lads over at CeX.

Long hair for guys is "in", at least here in the US. UK will catch up here in a few years, just watch, all the guys with short-hair that calls everyone a 'fag' or a 'girl' is suddenly gonna have a mullet, no questions asked. Literally watched it happen here in the past 2+ yrs.
In other notes, happy birthday or belated. (Unless it was a Jesus-joke for Christmas. In which case, oof. Cold one. Find a way to humble that son of a bitch.)

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:"Hello son, good luck next week for yer Birthday."

Long hair for guys is "in", at least here in the US. UK will catch up here in a few years, just watch, all the guys with short-hair that calls everyone a 'fag' or a 'girl' is suddenly gonna have a mullet, no questions asked. Literally watched it happen here in the past 2+ yrs.
In other notes, happy birthday or belated. (Unless it was a Jesus-joke for Christmas. In which case, oof. Cold one. Find a way to humble that son of a bitch.)

I hope so, this place is a haven for short hair. At this point, I'm half-believing in a secret religion in my town that orders each head being trimmed within an inch of it's life. :wink:

And aye, was their little joke on me, I have a love/hate relationship with the shop but the banter is strong.
One time, the store stocked some *adult* dvd's (for seedy, behind-the-counter shoppers), and the chat I had before the staff cleaned the discs out was about Director Stanley Kubrick. So they thought it was witty when after I saw the covers, I shockingly exclaimed... "Forget 'Eyes Wide Shut' that's 'Legs Wide Open' right there." I recoil when looking back at my lewdness. :oops:

Dayvan Cowboy
There's an easter egg in The Sims 2 with a stack of CDs; two of which I easily recognize but the other two I don't. Do they look familiar to anyone here?

Radiohead - The Bends
Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy EP
??? - ??? (Portishead - Dummy, maybe?)
??? - ???

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:There's an easter egg in The Sims 2 with a stack of CDs; two of which I easily recognize but the other two I don't. Do they look familiar to anyone here?

Unsure of the third. But I'm relatively certain that 4th and final one is Midnite Vultures by Beck. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:There's an easter egg in The Sims 2 with a stack of CDs; two of which I easily recognize but the other two I don't. Do they look familiar to anyone here?

Unsure of the third. But I'm relatively certain that 4th and final one is Midnite Vultures by Beck. :)

I f***ing knew that one looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. Thanks :) . My only point of reference to go on was "what kind of music would a bunch of game programmers be listening to in the early '00s?" :P

Sherbet Head
My birthday's in two weeks..... the big 21, pints and ales galore. I never know what to do for my birthday so I don't usually do anything big (everyone's too burnt out from Christmas) but this one's supposed to be a biggun'. Probably go to a bar but what kind? What the hell do you even do at bars other than drink.
Is it bad I already know what I'm gonna get.......... momma loves a hard cider! (Oh noooo a girl-drink...... bruh ales and lagers are not for me).

Posts Quantity
A few months ago, I told a friend of mine to send a document about a university semester project he and I were doing with other people to a professor via email to see what he thought of our work so far.

He didn't remember the teacher's email, so I went to tell him what the teacher's email was.

After he sent it I realized he typed a wrong letter, the teacher's name was Waldir and he sent an email to someone unknown with the name Valdir, and his gmail photo was the one below and days later I made this comparison with one of the Aphex Twin albums.

Dayvan Cowboy
Crikey Magic Orange. Not too dissimilar, you're right.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground