This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that the font used on Echo & the Bunnymen's "Heaven Up Here" cover is the same that spotify uses?

I haven't! Spotify version is a bit thicker but it's the same font alright.

it's more noticeable on the player itself :wink: :
Here's another comparison somewhat related. Question is, can you see any similarities cover wise between this Bunnymen live album and the ABBA The Singles Compilation? :shock:
Spoiler: show

Ha! Reminds me of when the disoriented Mr. Krabs meme started going around and someone mentioned how it was basically the Fat of the Land cover :lol:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
i like how when i post on here everybody leaves

(:-])-|-<
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:i like how when i post on here everybody leaves

I often think the exact same thing when I post, but tbh I don't think The Playground even *has* the people to leave it. :|

<|°_°|>

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head

Orbited insanitarium wrote:

I often think the exact same thing when I post, but tbh I don't think The Playground even *has* the people to leave it. :|

<|°_°|>

To be 100% fair, it's usually just the three of us talking to each other, everyone else sprinkles in every now and again :lol:

Eagle Minded

:P :mrgreen:
yes, i would love to be free!

Sherbet Head
Fuckin snowed where I live. In the second week of March. :? :x :evil:

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Fuckin snowed where I live. In the second week of March. :? :x :evil:

The same here. It's deathly icey past 6PM. If only we could afford to have the heating on half the day. Thanks cost o' living. :(

(Someone call Tony the Tiger, I think I've got the wrong kind of frosties.)

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone want to hear some subjectively spooky shit?

Aight, so today the thirtieth of March marks the 20th anniversary of my granddad's passing from bone cancer, and we, me and my mother, usually light a candle to remember every year. My grandad = My mams dad.
So before that, I went to a stroll into town this morning, naval gazing the ground beneath me as I walked. And today I found the strangest thing, just near a flowerbed on the pavement there was a little pendant with a sort of purple gravelly jewel in the heart. It's a small charmer, no bigger than a penny, yet smaller than a mint.
On the side of it are engraved words "Ashes 925 Sterling" (Sterling is for silver), to interest me further however, on the back is a Spanish phrase "Vaya Con Dios". Which, I was shocked by when it translated to "Go with God"

I'm not one to be superstitious but... :shock: I think there's a slight possibility here that I've got someone's dead ashes?! And I found it on an anniversary too? Well I'll be! I didn't quite want to keep this to myself.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Anyone want to hear some subjectively spooky shit?

Aight, so today the thirtieth of March marks the 20th anniversary of my granddad's passing from bone cancer, and we, me and my mother, usually light a candle to remember every year. My grandad = My mams dad.
So before that, I went to a stroll into town this morning, naval gazing the ground beneath me as I walked. And today I found the strangest thing, just near a flowerbed on the pavement there was a little pendant with a sort of purple gravelly jewel in the heart. It's a small charmer, no bigger than a penny, yet smaller than a mint.
On the side of it are engraved words "Ashes 925 Sterling" (Sterling is for silver), to interest me further however, on the back is a Spanish phrase "Vaya Con Dios". Which, I was shocked by when it translated to "Go with God"

I'm not one to be superstitious but... :shock: I think there's a slight possibility here that I've got someone's dead ashes?! And I found it on an anniversary too? Well I'll be! I didn't quite want to keep this to myself.

That's a nice little story! As there are no coincidences in life I guess it was meant for you to find it at that moment! Purple is also the combination of red (earth) and blue (sky) so the combined lower and higher energies. It also represents the power of heaven over earth.

"Go with God", I'd read as "Go with Life" or "Go with the Flow". Never a bad reminder :)
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:
That's a nice little story! As there are no coincidences in life I guess it was meant for you to find it at that moment! Purple is also the combination of red (earth) and blue (sky) so the combined lower and higher energies. It also represents the power of heaven over earth.

"Go with God", I'd read as "Go with Life" or "Go with the Flow". Never a bad reminder :)

Ah, to be here in the middle. The best of both worlds.

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:That's a nice little story! As there are no coincidences in life I guess it was meant for you to find it at that moment! Purple is also the combination of red (earth) and blue (sky) so the combined lower and higher energies. It also represents the power of heaven over earth.

Thank you, and that's an interpretation I agree with, especially on the fused colours of red and blue in purple. :)

steeldancer-x wrote:Ah, to be here in the middle. The best of both worlds.

Oh aye! You're on the bible belt aren't you? I have read so much about it.

Sherbet Head

Found this barbie shirt and I loved it cuz it looked like my profile picture
Size XS though, fuckin bruh this is a kids shirt

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Image

Found this barbie shirt and I loved it cuz it looked like my profile picture
Size XS though, fuckin bruh this is a kids shirt

It really does! The shirt is quite a trip. If it was the right size of course, it would be worn by Florida gym dudes on a surfing safari. :shock:

On Barbie related, will you be seeing The Barbie Movie? Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to it as I've heard it's more satire/comedy than fantasy. It's the big barb related thing staring a fanatic like you in the face!!

But of the two Ryan's they could've gone for, they chose the wrong one. Why Gosling?? Why not Reynolds?? Now I have La La Land expectations instead of Deadpool fun.

Reynolds trumps Gosling anyday. :P

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:It really does! The shirt is quite a trip. If it was the right size of course, it would be worn by Florida gym dudes on a surfing safari. :shock:

On Barbie related, will you be seeing The Barbie Movie? Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to it as I've heard it's more satire/comedy than fantasy. It's the big barb related thing staring a fanatic like you in the face!!

But of the two Ryan's they could've gone for, they chose the wrong one. Why Gosling?? Why not Reynolds?? Now I have La La Land expectations instead of Deadpool fun.

Reynolds trumps Gosling anyday. :P

You bet your ASS I'm seein that movie. That's why I'm window-shopping, I'm going in every single Barbie-themed-accessory I can freakin find (before everything barbie-related goes up). :cry:

NOOOOOOOOO no I am afraid I am gonna have to disagree on our Ryans. Ryan Gosling was a perfect choice! I'm expecting great chemistry between him and Robbie actually, her dry humor is gonna mix well with his boyish charm. Dude is literally fuckin Ken. I actually think Gosling is more flexible in acting than Reynolds... I don't think we'll be seeing La La Land at all if you ask me. :P
My only inkling going on with it at the moment is that I don't love that they are all 'Barbie'. Where is Teresea? Or Skipper? Or Chelsea? That whole joke better be hilarious is all I am tryna say.

Also John Cena is gonna be in this movie :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
Pass the popcorn then, it's releasing the same day in both country's!!

steeldancer-x wrote:You bet your ASS I'm seein that movie. That's why I'm window-shopping, I'm going in every single Barbie-themed-accessory I can freakin find (before everything barbie-related goes up). :cry:

Clever thinking, prices will skyrocket.
Nose tap. :wink:

steeldancer-x wrote:NOOOOOOOOO no I am afraid I am gonna have to disagree on our Ryans. Ryan Gosling was a perfect choice! I'm expecting great chemistry between him and Robbie actually, her dry humor is gonna mix well with his boyish charm. Dude is literally fuckin Ken. I actually think Gosling is more flexible in acting than Reynolds... I don't think we'll be seeing La La Land at all if you ask me. :P
My only inkling going on with it at the moment is that I don't love that they are all 'Barbie'. Where is Teresea? Or Skipper? Or Chelsea? That whole joke better be hilarious is all I am tryna say.

Also John Cena is gonna be in this movie :shock:

I prefer him, still I can actually see that inflexibility, Reynolds tends to choose roles that suit his personality, and Ken just ain't any wisecracking saucepot like pool.
You're right, there's an extended family of characters to Barbie it seems. How will they incorporate the gang into the film?

Eagle Minded
kakanara now has 350 posts. this world might never recover from this

Sherbet Head
It has been quiet round these parts lately
Hope you all are doing well and staying human in these pessimistic times

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Someone pls accelerate collapse so I can go in the jungle and forage for food already

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground