This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
NTFMTS wrote:Any Vinesauce fans on twoism? I love his corruption streams

phpBB [media]

This is the color
PURPLEEEEE

Dayvan Cowboy
The theme from the Crumbling Castle level in Ape Escape reminds me of a demo from "Classical Mushroom" nowadays.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
phpBB [media]

Discovered this album today, and some parts of that track gave me BOC vibes while it kinda predates their "breakthrough" by two years.

Dayvan Cowboy
Out of the 5 major American burger joints (McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Carl's Jr./Hardees, and Jack In The Box), Burger King is the worst. What do they have that any of their competitors don't have or do better? I may be a vegetarian, but even before than their burgers always made me feel like shit. Carl's Jr. all the way in that regard.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Shake Shack or In & Out are the best in America. Or random mexican restaurants in LA have amazing burgers for some reason. White Castle is horrible. I wouldn't call the aforementioned solid burger joints. Just the top fast food joints, and in that regard, Taco Bell blows everything else out of the water 100x over

Sherbet Head
I got 400$ headphones today and holy fucking shit!!!!! I have been missing the fuck out!

Happy Cycler
Constants are Changing
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
The strikes coming in from Iran, Syria, Iraq and Lebanon is really scary news. Fuck Netanyahu for his genocide and also for leaving his own people terrified. Wonder how this would've gone if the UN did condemn Isreal's nonsense earlier.

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:I got 400$ headphones today and holy fucking shit!!!!! I have been missing the fuck out!

Do you mind sharing what headphones you got? What were you listening on before?

Dayvan Cowboy
Headphones are immersion instrument. Tho, sometimes it is better give sound more space and time to travel

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:
steeldancer-x wrote:I got 400$ headphones today and holy fucking shit!!!!! I have been missing the fuck out!

Do you mind sharing what headphones you got? What were you listening on before?

I got a pair of Sony WH-1000XM5. Have never had a pair of headphones like this in my life I am blown away everytime
Before I used mainly the dumb, cheap 5$ earbuds that apple would give along with a product. Not great but they got me to-and-fro and that's what matters. Comparing the experience between the devices has been my favorite part so far. thank fucking god BoC thinks about the mfs with 2$ headphones.
arvy wrote:Headphones are immersion instrument. Tho, sometimes it is better give sound more space and time to travel

Damn straight my brother. To be quite honest the only reason I spent that much money was for the long-term investment of using them mainly for flavored listens. My only complaint about them is that noise cancellation works so well to the point it fuckin scares the dogshit out of me. could get way too used to that way too quickly. I know someone who puts noise-cancellation on when they wear their headphones *all the time* and jesus christ what little awareness they have left... doing my best to avoid that!

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:I got a pair of Sony WH-1000XM5. Have never had a pair of headphones like this in my life I am blown away everytime
Before I used mainly the dumb, cheap 5$ earbuds that apple would give along with a product. Not great but they got me to-and-fro and that's what matters. Comparing the experience between the devices has been my favorite part so far. thank fucking god BoC thinks about the mfs with 2$ headphones.

Nice! Are you listening via wire or LDAC? I would listen via wire if you want the best quality.
I'm considering some headphones and these are high on the list. I currently use cheap earbuds which get the job done for work etc or my Hi-fi. The best headphones I had were Pioneer SE20As that my mum bought in the 70s, They finally fell apart after 40 years, Which is remarkable.

My second pair were Technics DH1200s, Which I expected to be very good, But they really weren't that good, Quite uncomfortable, Pretty poor sounding and the ear pads disintegrated in a few years.

I'm conflicted about whether to save more money for wired headphones with great sound quality or get the WH-1000XM5s which will sound very good but with benefits of bluetooth.

Your next step, If you haven't already should be saving for a decent entry level turntable like a Pro-ject debut carbon about £350, A decent amp with phono preamp like a Marantz PM6007 about £500 and a pair of floorstanding speakers for about £500 if you have a large room, Or some bookshelf speakers if its a smaller room. "What Hi-fi" online magazine is a fantastic and highly regarded audio equipment review site and very useful to get some idea of what sounds good and affordable. This is really the best way to listen, Very deep body vibrating bass, Huge sound stage where you can sit in your listening position and actually pinpoint the exact direction a particular instrument is coming from, as if it were a stage performance.

This is my pride and joy 1979 Technics SA400 which I inherited from my dad and had it recapped (replaced deteriorated components) paired with Kef Q300 bookshelfs and I have a Technics SLP999, Arguably the best CD player ever made and it sounds absolutely beautiful but needs repaired so currently playing cd quality via Amazon music through a USB-C to rca cable

Unfortunately I had to sell my Technics 1200s :(

But I am glad you are enjoying your headphones, Best benefit is playing as loud as you like without annoying anyone else! Plus it's also more immersive listening on headphones imo. It's pros and cons but I'm glad you're happy with them. I'd love to try some.

Eagle Minded
I am thinking, you are thinking, so we are all actively thinking.

Sherbet Head
Why does the smiley face look so bloomin creepy :) :) :)

Can we get an update for normal emoji?

Sherbet Head
If there is a god, you're being made an example.

Sherbet Head
Oh btw luminous ^^ def get the sony ones. They were phenomenal on my flavored listen, has my thumbs up. Heard shit in the background n everything get on that shit man

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:Oh btw luminous ^^ def get the sony ones. They were phenomenal on my flavored listen, has my thumbs up. Heard shit in the background n everything get on that shit man

Yeah I think I will! Really looking forward to my first listen with them! I wonder what track to have my first listen.. Maybe Pete Standing Alone, Loads of detail and texture in the midrange, A ton of dirty bass and very crisp and clean highs

Sherbet Head
I might have a data hoarding problem for live events. :3

Yes that does say 637GB.
The entirety of Coachella's six livestreams from the moment the stream went live to when it ended for both weekends. Captured the highest quality stream possible of VP9 and AAC 2.0 audio.

Framegrab of the first frame from the Yuma livestream capture:

Mediainfo:
General
Unique ID
Complete name : \\USER-PC\OwU Furry archives UwU\---\WEEK_2\Yuma - Live from Coachella 2024 [CN_4koTned0].mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4
File size : 61.1 GiB
Duration : 65 h 24 min
Overall bit rate : 2 229 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf61.3.100
Writing library : Lavf61.3.100
ErrorDetectionType : Per level 1
HTTP://YOUTUBE.COM/STREAMING/METADATA/SE : Sequence-Number: 0 / Ingestion-Walltime-Us: 1713565900164728 / Ingestion-Uncertainty-Us: 67 / Stream-Duration-Us: 0 / Max-Dvr-Duration-Us: 14400000000 / Target-Duration-Us: 5000000 / First-Frame-Time-Us: 1713565900826009 / First-Frame-Uncertainty-Us: 99 /

Video
ID : 1
Format : VP9
Codec ID : V_VP9
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : A_AAC-2
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Title : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc.
Default : Yes
Forced : No
VENDOR_ID : [0][0][0][0]
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Previous

Return to The Playground