Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: This Random Thread

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:41 pm

arvy wrote:Нет мира без войны ,
как света нет без тени,
Ведь даже солнца луч
отбрасывает тень.
А если над землей
крыло простерла темень -
Пристало ли парить
в подзвездной высоте?
Когда встает беда
пожара черным дымом
И близкая труба
хрипит, на бой крича -
Милее нам перо
или рука любимой,
Но мы кладем ладонь
на рукоять меча

Мы думаем, что мы люди, имеющие духовный опыт, но на самом деле мы духовные существа, имеющие человеческий опыт.

Жизнь вредна и коротка, война делает из нас всех социологических дураков.

Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:10 pm

The 12th episode of David Firth's Salad Fingers. Hot off the presses!
phpBB [media]

Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:15 am

Orbited insanitarium wrote:The 12th episode of David Firth's Salad Fingers. Hot off the presses!

About time. To be fair, I'd rather have more News Hasn't Happened Yet.

Rest in peace, Andrew Tolvern. We will miss you, mate.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Brought to you by... Pfizer!

phpBB [media]

Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:06 am

Is there a term for something that borders between "alter ego" and "imaginary friend"?

Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:30 am

rodox_head wrote:Is there a term for something that borders between "alter ego" and "imaginary friend"?

Why do you ask?

Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:33 am

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Is there a term for something that borders between "alter ego" and "imaginary friend"?

Why do you ask?

Self understanding

Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:47 am

rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Why do you ask?

Self understanding

I had a think, the only thing I could say would be a split personality, that could be the barrier between the two.

I'm well versed and psychologically minded but I ain't a professional (even at my young age) so I wouldn't take what I say as gospel at all. Just my estimation.

I hope you are well rodox. :]

Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:15 am

Orbited insanitarium wrote:I had a think, the only thing I could say would be a split personality, that could be the barrier between the two.

I'm well versed and psychologically minded but I ain't a professional (even at my young age) so I wouldn't take what I say as gospel at all. Just my estimation.

I hope you are well rodox. :]

After thinking about it even further I came up with the term "Personified Ego", if that makes sense.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:07 pm

You mean, like a tulpa?

Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:47 am

TheStatPow wrote:
You mean, like a tulpa?
I guess. I was kinda skirting around that word due to negative association with the term.

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:45 pm

phpBB [media]

Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:16 pm

YELLOW
phpBB [media]

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:26 am

rodox_head wrote:YELLOW
phpBB [media]

I've always had a fascination with this piece of footage. I even used it to accompany a song I did a long time ago. There's something beautiful about the image of that mushroom cloud coupled with something horrific because of the fact that, at least in my mind, most or even all of those soldiers are now dead due to the radiation contamination. I have no idea if that's actually true but that's my take on it and it's what makes the video sad as well as beautiful for the other given reason.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 am

Sky and Trails wrote:
rodox_head wrote:YELLOW
phpBB [media]

I've always had a fascination with this piece of footage. I even used it to accompany a song I did a long time ago. There's something beautiful about the image of that mushroom cloud coupled with something horrific because of the fact that, at least in my mind, most or even all of those soldiers are now dead due to the radiation contamination. I have no idea if that's actually true but that's my take on it and it's what makes the video sad as well as beautiful for the other given reason.

The footage stuck with me too, someone posted it in the BoC subreddit and memories came back of a fanmade music video for Alpha and Omega that was made up of the clips. I even remember someone in the comments of it mentioning that backstory and since then I've always felt AaO to be one of the most sinister BoC tracks, like how the middle of the song marks a point where the album starts descending into madness, so does the usage of nukes mark a point of no return for humanity.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:31 pm

Somehow I submitted a post and it seems to have disappeared on me. Apologies if it shows up somewhere random that I didn't intend.

Here's my random question, after seeing a thread talking about the pronunciation Autechre...

How in the hell do you pronounce Amon Tobin?

I love At the End of the Day. That one blew my mind when i heard it in a movie called 'Candy' and it's been in every mixtape I've made since.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Sky and Trails wrote:How in the hell do you pronounce Amon Tobin?

I think I've only heard it said once, but as far as I know: ah(like in Stanley)-Mon tow-bin

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:48 am

Anyone remember the "Anachronology" picture I posted in the original artwork thread? Well the building where I took the source pictures burned down the other day. Not the first time my neighborhood has run the risk of burning down, but at least i didn't have to call the fire Department this time :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:02 pm

I'm getting major Hell Interface / Sheol Boundary / Odd Nosdam signals from this but thought it was really funny so I thought I would share. If any of you made this, well done.
phpBB [media]

Similar looking inverted demonic photos to the Whitney Houston photo from Sheol Boundary in "Thread Vest" and here as well
phpBB [media]

Thanks to hexagonFox for digging in to this. I saw DAS post all of this the other day but kind of brushed it off so just having some fun with it now. If you go to this users bandcamp, their one album is $1,000 and each individual song is $1,000. Lol.

https://dandruffappreciationsociety.bandcamp.com

Also, this has Hell Interface written all over it.
phpBB [media]

"GO TO HELL GO TO HELL"

Edit: In the "I MY FIRST fucking subscriber!!" video, those drums seem like a very common sample but they are identical to the Roygbiv part in the "Uuh" video by Sheol Boundary.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:18 pm

oakmoss&amber wrote:I'm getting major Hell Interface / Sheol Boundary / Odd Nosdam signals from this but thought it was really funny so I thought I would share. If any of you made this, well done.
phpBB [media]

Similar looking inverted demonic photos to the Whitney Houston photo from Sheol Boundary in "Thread Vest" and here as well
phpBB [media]

Thanks to hexagonFox for digging in to this. I saw DAS post all of this the other day but kind of brushed it off so just having some fun with it now. If you go to this users bandcamp, their one album is $1,000 and each individual song is $1,000. Lol.

https://dandruffappreciationsociety.bandcamp.com

Also, this has Hell Interface written all over it.
phpBB [media]

"GO TO HELL GO TO HELL"

Edit: In the "I MY FIRST fucking subscriber!!" video, those drums seem like a very common sample but they are identical to the Roygbiv part in the "Uuh" video by Sheol Boundary.

oakmoss&amber - You may be onto something... check out Monday Breakfast on their Bancamp page at about the 6:38 mark. It's a whole 'nother Year?
Post a reply