What games are you playing?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Started playing Pokémon Legends: Arceus and I am addicted. I can not stop thinking about this game. Was unsure of it at first but the open-world element is a fresh breath (of the wild ;)) of air for the franchise, for sure. Gotta love exploring and seeing random Pokémon just roaming around.

Also, I normally mute the music in games like this to put my own to but I am really enjoying the soundtrack!

Dayvan Cowboy
after probably like 10 playthroughs up to about level 10 where that giant outside whiterun can cream you, i think i'm finally going to playthrough skyrim

i may have logged onto oldschool runescape. who can say, really

Boqurant
Currently replaying Bioshock, one of my favorite first person shooters. I love its atmosphere, setting and the side stories present in the recordings that you find throughout the game, which I find to be a really great way to expand the world and its characters.

Friendly Stranger
Remulo wrote:Currently replaying Bioshock, one of my favorite first person shooters. I love its atmosphere, setting and the side stories present in the recordings that you find throughout the game, which I find to be a really great way to expand the world and its characters.

I gotta replay it again soon, the atmosphere alone is one of the best of any game i've played.
nothing is real

Dayvan Cowboy
Latest thing I finished was Heaven's Vault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsVOE93C9o

The trailer there gives the gist of it but basically it's a very chill narrative adventure where you sail through a nebula uncovering artifacts and trying to piece together what happened to a lost civilisation by reconstructing their language, and I've honestly never played anything quite like it. It has shades of the mood of Myst, maybe? Except there really aren't any puzzles, it's all just working out the language which they actually created for the game. Good writing too, it manages to make you think a lot about the nature of infinity and decay.

But doing this thing of working out the language... it felt really joyous for some reason. Like, I know it won't land with some people, the Steam reviews are split down the middle, you love it or hate it I think.

Dayvan Cowboy
Elden Ring. Going with Samurai katana dex build, tho eager to start a new strength build. I just love the heaavy shields in Dark Souls.

Friendly Stranger
Oh mate, fucking Lego Star Wars is that good its unfair.
I'm 12 years old again ooooof!!! RAR!

Just buy it.

Sherbet Head
Playing some Hell Let Loose lately.
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Buddies and I have been playing Melee
If you're gonna play high tier, play fuckin Falcon and not Falco and Fox like everyone and they mom does. If you pick Marth you actually have a skill issue and no im not kidding
Samus, ice climbers, and pikachu are fun for being lower-mid tiers
Also Peach whoops Falco's ass

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
I have a lot of games that I'll have to finish, but currently, I'm more into replaying Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, one of the games that have fucking marked my childhood (I'm mainly a PlayStation guy), didn't play it for almost 20 fucking years (I've lended my 'childhood" copy on a fine day of 2004 and never saw it again) and it's as great as I remembered it. A fucking masterpiece like Abe's Odyssey.

Regarding the games that I'm determined to finish one day:

Tales of Graces f
    Tales of Xillia
    Diablo III
    LittleBigPlanet
    LittleBigPlanet 2

There are also some racing (some Formula Ones, TOCAs, Gran Turismos) and fighting games (some Tekkens, SoulCaliburs and Marvel vs Capcoms) that are far from complete, but I don't really count them.

I've spent a lot of time on games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas but I don't really play them with the goal of finishing them (Do they really end to begin with?), I just fucking love exploring areas.

Dayvan Cowboy
Not a fan of open world games, but already spent 160h in RDR2 and feel that I just scratch the surface of the game. And the story is amazing, probably my favourite story in video games since MGS

Dayvan Cowboy
Call of Duty 1/United Offensive have really sucked me back in. Since covid a lot of people returned to the game, it now has matches every evening, and both games are active again with cups as well.

I fucking love every second of playing this again.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Death to the usurpers!

:wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

One word; BRUTAL

Friendly Stranger
Samplehunter wrote:I have a lot of games that I'll have to finish, but currently, I'm more into replaying Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, one of the games that have fucking marked my childhood (I'm mainly a PlayStation guy), didn't play it for almost 20 fucking years (I've lended my 'childhood" copy on a fine day of 2004 and never saw it again) and it's as great as I remembered it. A fucking masterpiece like Abe's Odyssey.

Regarding the games that I'm determined to finish one day:

Tales of Graces f
    Tales of Xillia
    Diablo III
    LittleBigPlanet
    LittleBigPlanet 2

There are also some racing (some Formula Ones, TOCAs, Gran Turismos) and fighting games (some Tekkens, SoulCaliburs and Marvel vs Capcoms) that are far from complete, but I don't really count them.

I've spent a lot of time on games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas but I don't really play them with the goal of finishing them (Do they really end to begin with?), I just fucking love exploring areas.

Oh man the LBP games are such a gem, hope you enjoy them.

Funny enough Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas are also baaically my comfort games, i just come back to them at any time and just get lost in the world..

Hoping Starfield is decent but I can never be sure these days, i hardly ever play any 'modern' games
nothing is real

Dayvan Cowboy
Death stranding is the definition of modern games, if you like it good , if not, well your loss.

Babies in the pod, deliveries while nobody can go outside, US presidental election…

They also stimulate your senses like nothing else before, 60-120fps, 3d audio, adaptive triggers…

It’s a trip

Posts Quantity
hyenaedon wrote:Oh man the LBP games are such a gem, hope you enjoy them.

Just spend one hour on each for the first time in 4 months, and yeah, they're pretty cool, but I hate the limited life system (maybe it's because of the Oddworlds :D )

I just finished Sonic Mania twice.

Playing Blair Witch is amazing, but I need to play it in small doses. Lots of darkness overall and lots of light/blurred effects when the witch appears. It gives me a lot of eye fatigue!

Started playing the original Doom and Quake for the first time.

Also playing this fun game called Lake where you go around delivering mail and get all of the small-town gossip.

Yes, I just bought a gaming computer.

Does anyone remember an old Sega Genesis game called Gunstar Heroes? It's impressive and I'm also slowly working my way through that one when I want something simple, but well-made.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Posts Quantity
Currently redoing the original MediEvil, another childhood game, for the first time since 2019 (and no, it wasn't because of the remake, it was just Halloween :D )

MediEvil 2 will follow, it's been 10 years since I didn't play it.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground