You most recent purchase? (In general, not just music)

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Walmart flip flops, or thongs if that's how you roll

Sherbet Head
I got my Cocoquantus
phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
A Kindle Voyage.

Official alternative movie poster produced in collaboration with Mosfilm in Moscow. Part of a series of prints curated by Nicolas Delort celebrating the cinematic genius of director Andrei Tarkovsky.
11-colour 18" x 24" hand-pulled screen print
270gsm Mohawk Superfine White Eggshell paper
Hand numbered. Gallery stamp on the reverse.
Suitably framed and adorning a wall in my house.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
That is fucking cool!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Here you go if you want one. There are some others that are just as lovely.
Love the Picnic at Hanging Rock one.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
A Roomba. Haven't set it up yet, though. The Missus made me do it.

Friendly Stranger
i got an Epiphone Les Paul Studio in the shade of navy blue. Plays really well. maybe sometime I'll be able to afford a gibson.

Sherbet Head
Yeah I bought support staff for the studio with the black Friday deals, a DOD ringmodulator pedal, the Earthquaker Spatial Delivery and a 1970s Electro-Harmonix small stone phaser. I also found a good deal on the Motu Midi express 128. I'm sick of having so many midi thrus.

But the biggest deal is this https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb8JkY7gdJc ... tsofflight

Dayvan Cowboy
Fez wrote:i got an Epiphone Les Paul Studio in the shade of navy blue. Plays really well. maybe sometime I'll be able to afford a gibson.

Can vouch for Epiphone being closer to Gibson than Squier is to Fender. Epiphone is actually a really decent brand in making licensed Gibson replicas and they are 100% gig-able and studio friendly guitars, Squiers on the other hand are generally quite poor quality fender clones, but their quality has been increasing a bit with the Vintage Modified range.

I have a Squier Jazzmaster personally but it has entirely new pickups and circuitry inside and I have a new 60s style neck with white binding and block fret markers/ jumbo frets en-rute. Squiers are only good if you are willing to invest a bit of time and effort into modifying them to sound and feel like their fender counterparts but on a much lower budget.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
Fez wrote:i got an Epiphone Les Paul Studio in the shade of navy blue. Plays really well. maybe sometime I'll be able to afford a gibson.

Can vouch for Epiphone being closer to Gibson than Squier is to Fender. Epiphone is actually a really decent brand in making licensed Gibson replicas and they are 100% gig-able and studio friendly guitars, Squiers on the other hand are generally quite poor quality fender clones, but their quality has been increasing a bit with the Vintage Modified range.

I have a Squier Jazzmaster personally but it has entirely new pickups and circuitry inside and I have a new 60s style neck with white binding and block fret markers/ jumbo frets en-rute. Squiers are only good if you are willing to invest a bit of time and effort into modifying them to sound like their fender counterparts but on a much lower budget.

Yeah if the body is built well you can really trick out a guitar nicely with the electronics and get a great guitar out of budget guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
machinea wrote:But the biggest deal is this https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb8JkY7gdJc ... tsofflight

Jesus, that is a lovely guitar in that pic. Is that an ES-335?

Nice Rhodes organ too, can't get enough of their fairly unique sound whenever I hear it.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
machinea wrote:But the biggest deal is this https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb8JkY7gdJc ... tsofflight

Jesus, that is a lovely guitar in that pic. Is that an ES-335?

Nice Rhodes organ too, can't get enough of their fairly unique sound whenever I hear it.

It’s actually a Samick RL4, it’s a good guitar and beautiful to look at, it could just use some electronics and pup upgrades.

Dayvan Cowboy
machinea wrote:It’s actually a Samick RL4, it’s a good guitar and beautiful to look at, it could just use some electronics and pup upgrades.

Could have fooled me, that's a real higher-end Gibson looking guitar tbh.

Looks like the new neck I ordered comes with jumbo frets (not a fan) but I only realised that in hindsight after purchase.
It seems a re-fretting is in order but I don't have much experience there, if anyone could shed some light on it or direct me to a decent tutorial I would be in their debt.

New Seed
Designed myself a new snapback with boards of canada logo on capbeast.com

Dayvan Cowboy

Turquoise hexagon nail polish :D

Posts Quantity
Negamuse wrote:Image

Turquoise hexagon nail polish :D

My neighbor owns a nail salon, so... i'm getting a hexagon turqoise salon.

Posts Quantity
Who most's?

Eagle Minded
Bought this art print of DOOM. It's limited to 50 copies, signed and sealed by artist.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground