You most recent purchase? (In general, not just music)

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Bought myself a coke and two sticks of butter in the supermarket today, does that count?

Preordered the new Future of the Left record and tickets to catch em live for the first time.

Girlfriend may have talked me into tickets for the Larmer Tree festival too.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Arrived today -

Won in a raffle at the weekend -

Sherbet Head
A delicious bottle of sake that I just opened and am currently enjoying (and savoring very slowly).

jcnporter wrote:Arrived today -

I'd like to have a copy but shipping from the UK is ridiculous. I had to choose between a copy of this and a copy of the special edition of David Tibet's upcoming book. There's no way I'm passing up something new from David, so England's Hidden Reverse didn't have a chance.

Dayvan Cowboy
Stavorius wrote:Image

This.

VERY cool!

Nova Scotia Robot
Christ. - Curio Vol. 1 vinyl preorder

Friendly Stranger
i bought some orange juice.

Posts Quantity
Bought the parts to build my first pc. I'm really nervous, I've been a mac user for a long time.

Sherbet Head
I've recently bought some video games on Steam : TIS-100, Spacechem, Infinifactory, Jazzpunk, and Lovely Planet. I'm deeply enjoying the first three. I wish I'd started playing Zachtronics games a long time ago ; I haven't been this into a video game since I found Dark Souls.

Dayvan Cowboy
Perch wrote:Bought the parts to build my first pc. I'm really nervous, I've been a mac user for a long time.

It's like putting lego together, don't worry. Have a small screwdriver set to hand, and ground yourself. Read the manuals and look at videos online if you get stuck.

Once you've put everything together, look at the SMART info for any new storage devices, run a pass of memtest, and maybe benchmark the cpu and gpu if you're doing high performance stuff.

And if you turn it on for the first time and nothing happens, don't panic. Go back and double check all the connections and switches, reseat things etc.

Posts Quantity
Aerial Boundaries wrote:
Perch wrote:Bought the parts to build my first pc. I'm really nervous, I've been a mac user for a long time.

It's like putting lego together, don't worry. Have a small screwdriver set to hand, and ground yourself. Read the manuals and look at videos online if you get stuck.

Once you've put everything together, look at the SMART info for any new storage devices, run a pass of memtest, and maybe benchmark the cpu and gpu if you're doing high performance stuff.

And if you turn it on for the first time and nothing happens, don't panic. Go back and double check all the connections and switches, reseat things etc.

thanks for the advice, I'll post up how it goes!

Dayvan Cowboy
Tickets to go see Radiohead for the first time.

FUCKYEAHHHHH.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
Aerial Boundaries wrote:

Hey so I put everything together and it works! I was so surprised; half expected the thing to fall apart upon first boot.

I'm getting super caught up on the windows installation, which I thought would be the easy part. I've never made a bootable flashdrive, but I apparently goofed and bought a motherboard that no longer has much support for that method. They offer some solutions- http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/ but none are working. I'm thinking about giving up on this usb thing and buying a cd drive. Fun part is there is no space for a cd drive in the case so it would have to just be a temporary hook up. :oops:

Got sick of playing my beloved vinyl on a piece of crap.

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Tascam Porta One 4-Track Cassette Recorder

I still have to get good blank tapes for it though.

Boqurant
I just bought a muffin.
It wasn't that good.

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Got sick of playing my beloved vinyl on a piece of crap.

How you finding it?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Telepath
Kibbeling.

Happy Cycler
An Agfa Flexilette TLR camera & a roll of Kodak Gold 200

Rediscovered shooting film AND a love of vintage cameras...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground