Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:22 pm

DVD box sets of series one and two of The Sopranos

And a bunch of second-hand books:

J. M. Barrie "Peter Pan"
Charles M. Schulz "You're A Winner Charlie Brown!"
Henry Lawson "The Bush Undertaker"
Anna Fienberg "Borrowed Light"
Isobelle Carmody "Greylands"

an 80s "choose your own adventure game book" sci-fi "Space Assassin" (looks deliciously cheesy)

and a memoir called "The Child that Books Built" by Francis Spufford.

What would you find if you went back and reread all of your favourite books from childhood? Francis Spufford discovers both delight and sadness, in this memoir. Re-reading and re-living these books, and investigating their literary origins and rich histories, Francis Spufford reveals what it was like to be an obsessive reader as a child. As the book unfolds, so too he gradually uncovers his own childhood and his unique reason for taking refuge in stories from a world full of unbearable knowledge.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Dish soap.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Aesthetics wrote:Stop playing around Fredd-E, get some sleep!!

Yeah, that's right!

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Korona 1969 wrote:and a memoir called "The Child that Books Built" by Francis Spufford.

What would you find if you went back and reread all of your favourite books from childhood? Francis Spufford discovers both delight and sadness, in this memoir. Re-reading and re-living these books, and investigating their literary origins and rich histories, Francis Spufford reveals what it was like to be an obsessive reader as a child. As the book unfolds, so too he gradually uncovers his own childhood and his unique reason for taking refuge in stories from a world full of unbearable knowledge.

sounds depressing :?

Neels wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:Stop playing around Fredd-E, get some sleep!!

Yeah, that's right!

Orrrrange.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:06 pm

I had some catching up to do, so I've recently submitted the following warpmart order. Still anxiously awaiting their dispatch mail. Should be any time soon now.

I'm especially awaiting the Quaristice limited edition! :) 8)
Last edited by Fredd-E on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:09 pm

The link doesn't work. Perhaps you can paste a list Fredd-E?

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Aesthetics wrote:The link doesn't work. Perhaps you can paste a list Fredd-E?
I just edited my post due to a mistake. :)

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Show off! ;)

I'm amazed that you don't already have some of those.. why didn't you wait for a sale?

Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:29 am

A train ticket.

Got that BoC t-shirt, it's lush :)

I miss my old Warp sweatshirt, it was navy blue with a silver reflective Warp logo ... I had two and both got stolen :(

Still, I have my Ninja Tune/Vexed Generation hoodie which still gets worn a lot.

The Warp clothing tags are mint - "I Am A Reasonable Person"

Bought Quaristice the day it was made available as FLAC at Bleep, it's all you'd expect.

Also try this for a time where Autechre where reaching their current sound.

EDIT : I see you ordered it :wink:
Possibly 'Chiastic Slide' might be the one from that period. it's the album I really connected with back then.

And if you buy downloads try these if you haven't already -

http://bleep.com/?bleep=SKA011
http://bleep.com/?bleep=SKA028D

My recent loved items are three Designers Republic books brought back from Sheffield from the DR offices by friends of mine who are in a band that are having the DR treatment on their first album cover. I think they are out of print now and are eye shockingly good.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:08 am

Aesthetics wrote:Show off! ;)

I'm amazed that you don't already have some of those.. why didn't you wait for a sale?

Three items are on sale as you can see. And I didn't want to wait for an AE-sale because I needed the Quaristice limited edition badly so I ordered the whole bunch! :) But I still miss the following albums: anti, anvil vapre, garbage, envane, lp5...

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:22 am

Fredd-E wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:Show off! ;)

Three items are on sale as you can see. And I didn't want to wait for an AE-sale because I needed the Quaristice limited edition badly so I ordered the whole bunch! :) But I still miss the following albums: anti, anvil vapre, garbage, envane, lp5...

And holy damn I'm glad I ordered Quaristice LTD edition the minute it came on warpmart. It's hot!
(source)

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:12 am

I bought this movie called..Martin. It's an old George Romero movie about vampires. I haven't watched it yet but it sounds pretty interesting..Romero owns! :P

Here's the wiki link, for anyone innarested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_%28film%29

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:48 am

harpoon dodger wrote:I bought this movie called..Martin. It's an old George Romero movie about vampires. I haven't watched it yet but it sounds pretty interesting..Romero owns! :P

Oxnard Montalvo is brilliant.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:23 pm

i just bought a packet of mint imperials...a good buy at 39p...

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:57 am

and a car wash

Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:27 am

ipod 80gb, ut2004 and weed

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:42 pm

harpoon dodger wrote:ipod 80gb, ut2004 and weed

A great combo

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Cupz wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:ipod 80gb, ut2004 and weed

A great combo

you an iPod convert now cupz? :lol:

Apple products TM : FTW

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Ghosts I-IV by NiN and 160 gb ipod - now I need to figure out how to fill it up!
Post a reply