Recommend films/documentaries, etc.

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded

Happy Cycler
I've been getting into chess again. This documentary about Bobby Fischer is great, but it's also really sad - so much wasted potential. Would be good to hear what Twoism folk think of it.

phpBB [media]
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

fujee wrote:I've been getting into chess again. This documentary about Bobby Fischer is great, but it's also really sad - so much wasted potential. Would be good to hear what Twoism folk think of it.

phpBB [media]

Superb. Only meant to watch the first 10 mins and ended up watching it all. Compelling and tragic.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

I'm not sure if I buy into what this guy is alleging, but it's interesting nonetheless. Also has some great footage of the Duga array.

Thanks for the reminder Josh. Saw the trailer quite a while ago but never got round to checking it out. Watching soon.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
human resources, a film examining the origin of various systems of social control in the 20th century.

dance of darkness, on japanese butoh dance.

charles manson superstar, manson's worldview in his own words.

alchemists of sound, on the origins of the bbc radiophonic workshop.

What The Future Sounded Like, on the birth of electronic music in britain.

Dayvan Cowboy
float face wrote:human resources, a film examining the origin of various systems of social control in the 20th century.

dance of darkness, on japanese butoh dance.

charles manson superstar, manson's worldview in his own words.

alchemists of sound, on the origins of the bbc radiophonic workshop.

What The Future Sounded Like, on the birth of electronic music in britain.

nice

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm watching Louis Theroux's documentary he did with Jimmy Savile (obviously before Louie knew or the public knew of Jimmie's acts of depravity) and analyzing Jimmie's behavior quite carefully. Its pretty scary but you can tell after a while that he is a pathological liar, even about small things, and someone who has a whole host of different facades of personality he puts on depending on the person he is with. He probably liked to think of himself as a "social engineer" - The term manipulative sociopaths like to use for themselves.

Its sad that dishonesty is becoming the norm for a lot of people though. Some of the first google search results that come up after "How to get..." are mostly involving people wanting to mentally manipulate women into sleeping with them through social engineering, inducing guilt and lying about their past (i.e claiming a parent died or many a false anecdote).

Back to the subject of the Louis Theroux documentary he made with Savile. At one point someone asks Jimmy, on camera, about his necklace and what it was. Now, I personally know that it is an eye of Horus, and rumors since long before his death of his association with Aleister Crowley etc who are people that believe in obtaining "magick powers" through sex and sometimes rape. Even sex with children. So I find it curious that Jimmy in plain sight would wear an eye of horus necklace.

His response to being asked about said necklace was "Oh, its nothing. Its just a wishbone. Everyone likes a wish" - In hindsight that is the scariest most unnerving thing, knowing now that Jimmy not only sexually abused minors and the disabled, but reports of his "having his way" with bodies of the deceased keep popping up.

Many in high places knew, I have a feeling that his was but a small part of the Elite pedophile rings we are now seeing light shed on and perhaps further cemented his status with them for being a procurer of children to be victimized. Sick times.

Boqurant
bearhead wrote:Fantastic Planet

You won't be disappointed, I promise.

I watched it since quasimoto / madlib sampled a lot from it, its really good.

Telepath
Brigsby Bear. Finding out about anything regarding this movie is a spoiler imo.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh man I loved Annihilation
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Site Admin
A Sci-fi movie with Moderat as a filmscore? Liking it already!!
Just noticed it is on Netflix in the Netherlands :D
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
I couldn't believe it when I found out that music wasn't written for the film, it's so perfect for it.

Dayvan Cowboy
'Solo' is a enjoyable and entertaining romp, doesn't take itself too seriously, in the spirit of the original Star Wars films.
Rogue One and Solo, definitely the best of the recent films, in my opinion.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone saw Hereditary?

arvy wrote:Anyone saw Hereditary?

Not yet but looking forward to it.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
arvy wrote:Anyone saw Hereditary?

Not yet but looking forward to it.

Go see it.

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity