THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Simple: avoid social networking sites!
(you know, aside from certain forums)

EDIT: You will probably never find a higher concentration of the trite, hackneyed, mundane garble people use in a self-validating, victim-complex-exhibiting way..

..than on the internet!

DOUBLE EDIT:

big words

Sherbet Head
jakestott wrote:Tedious YouTube comments, things such as ''Like if Skrillex brought you here'' / ''Da fuq did I just watch?'' / ''I'm in that weird part of YouTube again''

Doesn't take over my life as such, just slightly grinds my gears y'know.

dont forget justin beiber

Boqurant
jakestott wrote:Tedious YouTube comments, things such as ''Like if Skrillex brought you here'' / ''Da fuq did I just watch?'' / ''I'm in that weird part of YouTube again''

I'd like to add to that list. The "After watching this video I had to (insert something "manly") so I can feel manly again..." comment on cute videos.

Dayvan Cowboy
LuminalStasis wrote:

I'd like to add to that list. The "After watching this video I had to (insert something "manly") so I can feel manly again..." comment on cute videos.

This hit me right in the feels. Like this if you cry evry tiem.

Sherbet Head
louise wrote:

dont forget justin beiber

Any youtube comment that's basically fishing to get "top comment" bothers me.

Dayvan Cowboy

this

Dayvan Cowboy
My only coworker is a gigantic, annoying, smelly, lazy, slob who essentially refuses to help me with anything, and gets incredibly annoyed whenever I ask a simple question even though he's worked here 5 years longer. I am so passive that it's most likely gotten to the point where if I ever try to "talk" to him about this, I'll most likely just explode and end up ripping his head right off his neck and walking out of my job. But unfortunately, I need to pay rent and all that.... How the hell did I ever let myself be put in this position? Best paying job I've ever had--can't stand it.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeitgeist wrote:My only coworker is a gigantic, annoying, smelly, lazy, slob who essentially refuses to help me with anything, and gets incredibly annoyed whenever I ask a simple question even though he's worked here 5 years longer. I am so passive that it's most likely gotten to the point where if I ever try to "talk" to him about this, I'll most likely just explode and end up ripping his head right off his neck and walking out of my job. But unfortunately, I need to pay rent and all that.... How the hell did I ever let myself be put in this position? Best paying job I've ever had--can't stand it.

Punch the cunt in the ovaries!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

One Very Important Coder
I was recently let in on the notion that "in the real world things don't work like this". Be that as it may but I don't think things work that well in the real world anyway...

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm sad because I have to miss Grouper's performance in my country tomorrow due to my agoraphobia/panic disorder ;(.

Sherbet Head
i do not like this "seen" business on facebook messages. little awkward moment creator right there.

Not so much angry as flat and disappointed.

Yesterday, the Mrs had her birthday. A lovely day it was too, opened her presents, went out for breakfast, a few hours wandering around Monkey World watching the orangutans, then round her Mum's house for Birthday tea.

Today is my birthday (that's right, we have back to back birthdays - for the rest of my life, if I forget her's then my day is buggered).

I was woke up at 4AM because my 6-month old daughter wouldn't stop crying. Dozed until 5:45AM when my wife told me she wasn't feeling well. 30 mins later and my better half is so violently and repeatedly sick that she's quite rightly spent the rest of the day in bed, as white as a ghost.

Our daughter was collected by my mother-in-law mid-morning so my projectile vomiting wife and I could have a 'romantic day' for my birthday. Sadly, this involved us having to miss Skyfall (no refund) and cancelling our romantic dinner tonight while we tackled the sodding Ebola virus...

Finally gave up and went to bed - totally exhausted - at 5:15PM and slept for fours hours. Of course, I can't show how disappointed I am, because I don't want her to feel any worse than she already does.

If another person ask how my birthday went, I'll disembowel them :(

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Not so much angry as flat and disappointed.

Yesterday, the Mrs had her birthday. A lovely day it was too, opened her presents, went out for breakfast, a few hours wandering around Monkey World watching the orangutans, then round her Mum's house for Birthday tea.

Today is my birthday (that's right, we have back to back birthdays - for the rest of my life, if I forget her's then my day is buggered).

I was woke up at 4AM because my 6-month old daughter wouldn't stop crying. Dozed until 5:45AM when my wife told me she wasn't feeling well. 30 mins later and my better half is so violently and repeatedly sick that she's quite rightly spent the rest of the day in bed, as white as a ghost.

Our daughter was collected by my mother-in-law mid-morning so my projectile vomiting wife and I could have a 'romantic day' for my birthday. Sadly, this involved us having to miss Skyfall (no refund) and cancelling our romantic dinner tonight while we tackled the sodding Ebola virus...

Finally gave up and went to bed - totally exhausted - at 5:15PM and slept for fours hours. Of course, I can't show how disappointed I am, because I don't want her to feel any worse than she already does.

If another person ask how my birthday went, I'll disembowel them :(

dont be sad t. besides, who cares about birthdays. you've got 364 unbirthdays in front of you now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdsZT7WKjW8

chin up :)x

Lol - thanks Louise :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Lol - thanks Louise :wink:

thats quite alright :) happy birthday xx

Happy Cycler
Oh man, that sucks! Hope everyone is better soon. It's the curse of the new-Dad birthday: last year Mrs A_Northern_Soul forgot mine and made plans to go for lunch with one of her friends. She remembered on the day and asked if I wanted to "tag along". I did, we went out for lunch, Little_A_Northern_Soul went bananas and I ended up traipsing round a shopping centre trying to calm him down, while Mrs A_Northern_Soul and pal had lunch!

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Oh man, that sucks! Hope everyone is better soon. It's the curse of the new-Dad birthday: last year Mrs A_Northern_Soul forgot mine and made plans to go for lunch with one of her friends. She remembered on the day and asked if I wanted to "tag along". I did, we went out for lunch, Little_A_Northern_Soul went bananas and I ended up traipsing round a shopping centre trying to calm him down, while Mrs A_Northern_Soul and pal had lunch!

lol thats so mean.

ugh im 25 in 22 days. really really dont want :'(

Happy Cycler
Dont worry Mex, I will get you a birthday pint next week. All is made better with a pint. Especially a free one.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

A_Northern_Soul wrote:Oh man, that sucks! Hope everyone is better soon. It's the curse of the new-Dad birthday: last year Mrs A_Northern_Soul forgot mine and made plans to go for lunch with one of her friends. She remembered on the day and asked if I wanted to "tag along". I did, we went out for lunch, Little_A_Northern_Soul went bananas and I ended up traipsing round a shopping centre trying to calm him down, while Mrs A_Northern_Soul and pal had lunch!

Ouch.

To be fair to my better half, she'd planned the whole thing - cinema, lovely meal out - the whole nine yards. She's really ill too. We've got her Dad's wedding tomorrow but if she's as ill as this then she's going nowhere.

Feel really sorry for her :(

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Hope she's feeling better soon - is it maybe that winter vomiting bug? I know a few people who've had that really badly. I'm bracing myself for it hitting out household.

Illness really ain't fun with a wee one around, so you all have my sympathy. :)

And Louise, you're gutted about turning 25 soon? If I was turning 25 I'd be dancing in the street. If it helps, being 25 rocks.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground