The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
saurus wrote:You know that moment just before a kiss? Like, before you've hooked up with someone or for the first time. You spend a lot of time just trying to pick up signs and stuff and really do not know, and then you think like FUCK IT and lean in. And when you lean in you're like fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck untill she's down with it..

I like that.

Beautiful!

Happy Cycler
Giving your loved one an item of clothing
Long phone calls
Galleries
Old briefcases/luggage
Oil paintings
The moment of satisfaction when you create something you're really pleased with
The life affirming, elixir of life.. Cold orange juice
Heavy rain
Fog/Mist
Snow
Swimming
New computers
Documentaries
Making really comfortable seating arrangements
Falling asleep to crap telly after sunday lunch
Mash potato and gravy
Family celebrations
Train journeys
Coastal walks
Crafting something
Recieving suprise text messages
Cellos
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Cellos
Hell to the yeah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZn_VBgkPNY

Happy Cycler
Cello suite no.1 is definitely sent from heaven.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Yesterday I downloaded a book and printed the first 25 pages in A4 format and read it.. I haven't been so concentrated for ages. I read it for 2-3 hours straight with only several breaks to smoke a cigarette. Afterwards I felt completely serene. I love hyper-concentration and the peace of mind that follows it.. Who else knows and loves this feeling?
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Guido wrote:Yesterday I downloaded a book and printed the first 25 pages in A4 format and read it.. I haven't been so concentrated for ages. I read it for 2-3 hours straight with only several breaks to smoke a cigarette. Afterwards I felt completely serene. I love hyper-concentration and the peace of mind that follows it.. Who else knows and loves this feeling?

I absolutely know what you are talking about, being so engrossed in the text and relishing every word, being so excited as to find out what happens, wonderful.

Sherbet Head
Driving on windy mountain roads in the cool air with windows and sunroof down blasting music is awesome.

Introducing a new friend to my favorite band and then being all "yea they are touring this fall too don't miss it!" And being texted back the next day "I got us tix!" Awww yea.

Also I saw a white Mercedes coupe on the interstate today with a tag that read "Solange" and was like "even vaguely, that person probably knows BoC" /nerd.

Happy Cycler
I have some more things to add..

- Really cold morning sunrises
- Really windy days
- Culture
- Animals
- Band practice - even if you aren't a big or great band, just jamming feels really free and exciting.
- Brass and Woodwind
- Getting goosebumps listening to music

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:- Getting goosebumps listening to music
wish this would happen to me more often. :?

Dayvan Cowboy
Vexille wrote:
Happens to me all the friggin time! It's almost annoying! Here, just try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8

Sherbet Head
Synthestesia wrote:
Vexille wrote:
Happens to me all the friggin time! It's almost annoying! Here, just try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8

This, with brass knobs on. Every single time I hear that the same thing happens. Doubly so when I'm actually watching the last five minutes of the film.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:
saurus wrote:You know that moment just before a kiss? Like, before you've hooked up with someone or for the first time. You spend a lot of time just trying to pick up signs and stuff and really do not know, and then you think like FUCK IT and lean in. And when you lean in you're like fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck untill she's down with it..

I like that.

Beautiful!

You think? Or was that just sarcasm? In hindsight I realize this was badly written :/

Happy Cycler
saurus wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

I like that.

Beautiful!

You think? Or was that just sarcasm? In hindsight I realize this was badly written :/

No sarcasm. I know that feeling!

Sherbet Head
Synthestesia wrote:
Vexille wrote:
Well I mean there's songs that do that to me every time. But they are few and far between. Finally got a chance to watch the video (can't at work), nice. That one isn't dark enough to get me but on the topic of Zimmer, the first track on the Dark Knight soundtrack does get me. As does parts of his Gladiator soundtrack.

And to stay on topic.

-Frozen grapes are amazing.
-Rediscovering old albums you used to listen to years ago and still knowing how the songs go.

Happy Cycler
The quiet calm yet muffled conversation and striking of balls in a snooker club - this is quite an English thing really.

Cycling long distance and hills - really got into cycling recently.

Fresh, cold air

Knowledge

Open fires

Seasonal things

Meditation

When sport is beautiful

Speeches

Debates which aren't out of hand and you really learn something from it

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:
Wish I could experience that sometime.

The sound of loud obnoxious people shouting their stupid senseless opinions on crap, rap music, and an "american football" game on the tv. (really quite an american thing)

that was sarcasm btw. ( wish I could move to somewhere in the UK)

Dayvan Cowboy
Synthestesia wrote:
fujee wrote:

The sound of loud obnoxious people shouting their stupid senseless opinions on crap, rap music, and an "american football" game on the tv. (really quite an american thing)

How about a nice Firing Line rerun if you want to watch a debate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3vTu99Vpd8

Sherbet Head
the feeling of relief where, after your gallbladder has been tying itself into knots all day, it releases and you suddenly feel normal again.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Happy Cycler
Synthestesia wrote:
fujee wrote:

Oh don't worry mate, we have our fair share of idiots. But all things considered the UK isn't a bad place to live I spose !

Happy Cycler
Ah, glad to see this thread still running

Watching my baby son sleeping
Living by a port and seeing ships every day
Tomato soup (Heinz, obviously)
Taking photographs
Flirting
Pain au chocolat
Successfully building/ making something
The smell of wood smoke
A Love Supreme
Cats