The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:
fujee wrote:She is just.. perfect. This picture is my favourite. So glad I saw them live when the toured recently.

Just thought i'd drag this up again, so gorgeous haha.

Fuckin hot. Females of the alt-rock scene in their prime were the bomb - Kim Deal, that girl from Smashing Pumpkins, Kim Gordon, Bilinda mmmm

And I go to Uni of Liverpool! It's pretty cool but most people are middle class pop loving dickheads :)

Dayvan Cowboy
I missed an allusion to Bilinda Butcher?!

I must redeem this.

MARRYMEBILINDAANDFORMABANDWITHMEORSOMETHING

Sherbet Head
saurus wrote:And I go to Uni of Liverpool! It's pretty cool but most people are middle class pop loving dickheads :)

I was pleasantly surprised everyone in computer sciences here seems to have great taste in music. Ton of people also make their own music. Nobody has heard of BoC though :/

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:I missed an allusion to Bilinda Butcher?!

I must redeem this.

MARRYMEBILINDAANDFORMABANDWITHMEORSOMETHING

I began the appreciation at page 2, she's such a beautiful woman haha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
listening to the radio
old footage
35mm cameras
meditating
falling asleep with your significant other
cool rooms
extreme weather (mostly heavy snow/rain/wind - I don't want anyone hurt though)
new york
hip hop
getting really hypnotized by some visual/film
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Nights are drawing in now and you get that really beautiful early evening sunset at this time of year (just before the clocks go back - which i think is unnecessary but anyhoo). I like the sun setting in the early evening not at 4 like it does during the winter months.

Happy Cycler
I just finished "The Magus" again for the second time last night, like the first time it left me reeling, in good and bad ways, it's steeped in such mythological and philosophical metaphors sometimes I feel frustrated with the fact I can't fully grasp the meanings meshed within the plot of the book. However, I also see this as a positive thing, as upon reading several reviews on goodreads I find myself in agreement with other reviewers and find that this setback act as a platform for exploration; the book itself concerns itself (amongst many other themes) with freedom and I find that this nudge to explore literature I wouldn't initially think of exploring as exciting - a key to freedom from the story. It's as if Fowles planned this to happen for future generations, people who would not have the same educational background - concerned with Mythology and Classical stories.

Besides that chunk of thought, the book itself is really engrossing on the simplest levels and I find that while flawed in some places, it's definitely a superb book.

I love constructing thoughts about novels after I have read them, discussion makes them so much more interesting. Uncovers much of what the author may or may not have been getting at.

Dayvan Cowboy
I love having great dreams. Fortunately I have a lot of them. They are very often about girls and feeling affectionate towards them. If you have one of those blissful dreams your day also starts out better when you wake up.

I just woke up from two dreams. In the first dream I was driving a car with a girl from my childhood beside me. I have never driven a car in real life but now I could really experience the freedom that it offers. I was in love with my childhood friend.

In the second I dreamed that I had a girlfriend in the German city of Aachen (about 35km from where I live). It was midsummer, hot, and I dreamed that in the evening I would cycle to Aachen to visit her. Our relationship was really good and happy.

In both dreams I felt things that I haven't experienced in my waking life for years: feeling completely fulfilled and happy and feeling very free. So yeah, that was great. I'm still enjoying it.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
I too have been having vivid dreams, but they are often very confusing and nonsensical!

Sherbet Head
I wrote bout this earlier... but fuck I love kissing. I hope to hell I get to do it a hell of a lot more before I become anonymous with age.

Happy Cycler
Kissing is wonderful :)

Happy Cycler
Having something to look forward to no matter how big or small always makes me really happy. Whether it's something trivial like having a nap or eating a really nice meal to some big adventure holiday or night out - I always find life is so much better when you have something to look forward to.

Eagle Minded
fujee wrote:Having something to look forward to no matter how big or small always makes me really happy. Whether it's something trivial like having a nap or eating a really nice meal to some big adventure holiday or night out - I always find life is so much better when you have something to look forward to.

I couldn't agree more! I would not survive a day without those little things I really looking forward to. I often find the longing itself to be most rewarding, not the actual activity :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Syberia wrote:
fujee wrote:Having something to look forward to no matter how big or small always makes me really happy. Whether it's something trivial like having a nap or eating a really nice meal to some big adventure holiday or night out - I always find life is so much better when you have something to look forward to.

I couldn't agree more! I would not survive a day without those little things I really looking forward to. I often find the longing itself to be most rewarding, not the actual activity :D

There's a British stand-up comedian called Daniel Kitson, and one of my favourite things he's said is that (paraphrasing) "the definition of happiness is doing something you like, while looking forward to something at the same time".

So true.

Dayvan Cowboy
Syberia wrote:I couldn't agree more! I would not survive a day without those little things I really looking forward to. I often find the longing itself to be most rewarding, not the actual activity :D

I love looking forward to things, but what I like even more is to look back at things, reminisce and idealize the past. I have a real tendency to look back at great events in my life, keep replaying the same great moments and forget the negative things. Daydreaming in this way is quite a refuge for me.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
I fucking LOVE sauteed mushrooms, I just had some with dinner and they were able to quell the murderous rage I've been feeling the past few days.

Sherbet Head
Boobs are great. I miss boobs

Sherbet Head
mountain biking on a trail early enough to be the first one out
cool moisture is still in the air
and breaking every spider web that was spun overnight

8)

Happy Cycler
Just bought my girlfriend a ring and some books, just as a surprise - that was a nice feeling.

I also love this late summer air, cool breeze, winter sun day. So nice.

Happy Cycler
Just moved into my room at Uni, the house is really nice, my room is just the right size and my bed is really comfy. Very happy.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground