The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
As someone who'll turn 36 tomorrow, 25 is A Good Thing.

Happy birthday mate!

42 in less than a month. You can both do one ;-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Cheers mate, only as young as you feel eh! Though a family friend came over today and commented 'oh you're losing your hair at the back now.. 25 today, spose it will soon be gone..'. Great, happy birthday to me... haha

Have a good one tomorrow bud :)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Wow some good vibes on this page! Congrats to you all, top stuff :)

As for me, I am 25 today.. not sure if I am happy about that or not! :lol:

Belated happy birthday!

Happy Cycler
This made me smile, the arranger of 'Amen Brother' - officially the second most sampled track/drum loop of all time - gets a pay day. A modest amount considering the amount it has likely made many artists, but I imagine this gesture means more than the cash itself. Here's the video of him receiving the novelty cheque.

https://www.facebook.com/amenbreakbeat/ ... =2&theater
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
The deep joy when you find stashed in the back of a cupboard, 18 months after you move house, 3 big boxes of books and a box of CDs.

Approximately 90% of "stuff" I have to my name is books and CDs...

Dayvan Cowboy
Friend of mine found a recording of a track we did together that I lost my only copy of when I wrote my car off.

Happy Cycler
I got a first for my masters degree!

fujee wrote:I got a first for my masters degree!

Woah, dude!!! That is bloody marvellous, congrats man! What's next? PhD?? Catch up soon chap.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Cheers mate, so relieved it was all worth it! Had to double check the email. I am meeting with my course prof to discuss PHD and all that in January but I think I will hold off on education for now, maybe in a few years once I've done some other things. Considering getting some money together for travelling. Yes mate of course, just say when. I am completely free right now and for the foreseeable future so a few beers are required!

Nova Scotia Robot
Hello twoism friends,
After further investigation it looks like what appeared to be a heart attack a week ago basically 99% likely to just be a massive anxiety/panic attack that just very closely mimicked a heart attack's symptoms. More tests and stuff will be done, but at this point it looks like they are just precautionary rather than trying to determine what had already happened. Reasons behind the problem include the multiple stress events recently, but also my body's reaction to the stress was intensified due to the fact that I'm detoxing all of the nasty chemicals out of my body right now. The detox started after the withdrawals from my meds left over a month ago. I've never detoxed before in my life, so I have a lot of bad chemicals in my body, especially so considering the much larger than normal amount and variety of chemicals and toxins I put into my body over the past ~15 years. The detox was affecting my mind and my body. My mind with high levels of depression and anxiety. My body with intense nausea, pain and fatigue. Also, I have acne again lol. Fortunately, recent research has been discovered in using natural products that are already available for a newly discovered purpose that is to greatly lessen the bad symptoms of the detox without hindering the detox itself. I've been taking these things for a few days now and am already noticing a massive difference. I'm much happier, no more nausea, less pain and fatigue. That damn acne is still there for now though haha.

But wait, there's more. I found a room mate! A damn good one too. A friend of mine just happened to move back to this area recently and is looking for a nice place in town. He's a bit older than me, but I consider that a benefit. He is a great guy, an amazing cook, has an awesome, secure, well paying job, is very trustworthy, fair, easy going and is a great friend. Now I only have to pay 50% of a rent bill and other bills too, which is massively beneficial considering my budget. He already has stuff like furniture and kitchen stuff too. I basically have just a mattress, a computer desk and chair and 1 frying pan to contribute, all of which will be going into my new room. We already found and applied to a place and should hear back this week. It's a really nice duplex that's exactly at the maximum limit for my allowed rent budget. Literally 1 cent more and it would begin eating out of my grocery money and other expenses. I wouldn't be able to afford a place anywhere near this nice on my own. I'm also in the process of applying for and being accepted into a new program from the government that will pay for my last months rent up front, among other helpful living/moving expenses for people on as low of an income as myself.

But definitely the absolute best thing about right now is that, after many years of many attempts, my mustache is finally full and glorious lol. I've wanted one all my life and am finally now able to grow one without looking like a sad teenager who has no manners when eating a large sized chocolate bar. So I'm now sporting one proudly just like so many of the great men throughout my life that I have looked up to. My father being number 1 on that list. In the entirety of my life he's shaved his upper lip a total of twice. Maybe I'll post a picture in the "what do boccers look like" thread once my detox finishes and this damn acne clears up.

Good gravy, people! Things are really looking up for me now! :D

This post just made me smile massively. Good on ya man!! :-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Awesome 747, now that is a good update!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
This should really have more posts than the angry rant thread.
Anyway, my mother-in-law's guests from Canada just left me two half finished bottles of whisk(e)y - a bottle of Paddy and a bottle of Talisker, probably my favourite single malt. Result!

Happy Cycler
^ score! Talisker is lovely.

Dayvan Cowboy
Two good news stories. Uno is that my favorite rapper got around to sampling my track and has sent me a demo (over the moon about that one). Second is that I got myself pictured in the Independent giving pizza to striking doctors. I hid a little bit because I wasn't expecting anything like that. They saved my life on more than one occasion so realistically I owe them.
(awkward kid in the bobble hat)

Happy Cycler
^ good work, sir!

Well done indeed. Nearly gave me a heart attack though as the girl stood in front of you is the spitting image of my first wife!!

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Well done indeed. Nearly gave me a heart attack though as the girl stood in front of you is the spitting image of my first wife!!

Oh my! Sorry for the fright.
Heart always jumps in to my throat for a second if I come across a picture of someone resembling my ex.

Ha ha. No worries!

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground