The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Late last night I sat on my balcony with a cup of citrus tea and a cigarette and just gazed at the stars (and a lot of airplanes) for like 30 minutes, that was lovely.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:Late last night I sat on my balcony with a cup of citrus tea and a cigarette and just gazed at the stars (and a lot of airplanes) for like 30 minutes, that was lovely.
I've done something similar to that. I love the larger than life feeling of looking at space mixed with the down to earth relaxed feeling. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
I usually rather find these things annoying than that I enjoy them, but I just drove around with my sister's boyfriend in his car with a $1200 sound system blasting Skrillex vs Noisia at an insanely loud volume (my HTC with Spotify connected to his system). My whole body was vibrating. Quite cool. (I considered playing BoC or something else I usually listen to but this wasn't the right moment. I might play Sun Glitters next time though).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
Buying an album on a whim not knowing much about it and having it blow you away becoming the only music you play for the next few days.

Happy Cycler
I just recorded my first ever song in a proper studio, it was an amazing feeling hearing something so clear and crisp for the first time, since I had only ever heard our compositions through terrible live recordings, it was so exciting to be recording, cannot wait to get back in that studio.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Got really drunk last night and remember discussing exciting things that have and are going to happen, me and friends are driving across America next year, discussing the fun we would potentially have was so fucking cool
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I just recorded my first ever song in a proper studio, it was an amazing feeling hearing something so clear and crisp for the first time, since I had only ever heard our compositions through terrible live recordings, it was so exciting to be recording, cannot wait to get back in that studio.
Man, the first time you hear yourself playing back in the control room of a good studio is such an ego boost. It sounds so damn good compared to crappy garage recordings. It puts the "Fuck yea!" face on you for like a month. Then when it sort of wears off the mastered version comes back and you get a stiffay at how good it sounds.

Happy Cycler
Absolutely, we have another few days booked up in that studio for christmas time, gonna record our shoegazey songs - it's so exciting, even have our first gig lined up now - things are rolling quickly with the band and its really exciting.

Eagle Minded
I'm unemployed, and I've never been happier!

Happy Cycler
Unemployment is if you can live with it, actually really quite pleasant, all the time in the world to do things; of course I say this with caution as you definitely need the support of some income or situation to make the whole thing possible.

On another note..

Im collecting an archive of photos and things i just find aesthetically pleasing, sentimental or not I am collecting them into these sketchbooks, quite like Gerhard Richter does with his Atlas - it looks alot more exciting than it sounds. I swear.

Happy Cycler
Really looking forward to going back to Uni now. Can't wait to move into my new house :)

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Really looking forward to going back to Uni now. Can't wait to move into my new house :)

I am in exactly the same position as you!

Sherbet Head
Also you know what's underrated? Splashing your face with some nice cold water. Putting some soap into the mix as long as you close your eyes cleans your face too, that's just win-fucking-win.

Happy Cycler
I fully back both these things Saurus! :)

also having a shave, when allowed to take your time it can be the most calming experience I find.

also also Im looking to go hiking soon, Hiking is so awesome - fresh air is just so nice.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I fully back both these things Saurus! :)

also having a shave, when allowed to take your time it can be the most calming experience I find.

also also Im looking to go hiking soon, Hiking is so awesome - fresh air is just so nice.

And I you for those as well. I live a short drive away from snowdonia, very easy for some badass hiking action! Look at us, we're so fuckin pro. What uni do you attend Fujee?

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:

I'd counter that with "growing a beard".

Train travel
Brushing your teeth
New socks
The smell of books (old and new)
Attractive women playing musical instruments (especially bass guitar or cello)
Yawning
A good breakfast
Dogs sticking their head of a car window
Baking your own bread

Sherbet Head
That feel when you realize you have the weight on your turntable set all wrong and it's applying way too much tracking force on the cartridge...my god does every record sound much better now.

I like the smell of my BoC records, nice mixture of weed, tobacco and bolognese sauce.

I also really like traveling with trains. All sort of traveling is great with good company.

Just started studying at university, love it.

Listening to A Silver Mt. Zion while walking outside during autumn.

Attractive women playing musical instruments (especially bass guitar or cello)

Agreed ;)

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Attractive women playing musical instruments (especially bass guitar or cello)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tal_Wilkenfeld

Happy Cycler
saurus wrote:
fujee wrote:I fully back both these things Saurus! :)

And I you for those as well. I live a short drive away from snowdonia, very easy for some badass hiking action! Look at us, we're so fuckin pro. What uni do you attend Fujee?

Lincoln man! How about you?
Last edited by fujee on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:She is just.. perfect. This picture is my favourite. So glad I saw them live when the toured recently.

Just thought i'd drag this up again, so gorgeous haha.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground