Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:24 am

Had an incredibly good day Monday at work. Upon arrival I was enthusiastically greeted with an email which had been circulated company wide about my "superior service and knowledge" written by a client who ended said email proclaiming how she "felt like she'd known me for ages because I made her feel comfortable and cared for". Holy moly, thanks lady! LOL. Then I had a quarterly review where everything went swimmingly and how I was "setting the example" for everyone else. Jeez, and that's with feeling like I goof/joke around most of the time. I guess it can work! Just felt really good about it all and didn't share it with anyone but felt comfortable to share it here :)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 am

Congrats, recognition in the work place is always welcome. A good day indeed :)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:16 am

fujee wrote:Congrats, recognition in the work place is always welcome. A good day indeed :)

Thank you so much! :D

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 am

bkillsb wrote:Had an incredibly good day Monday at work. Upon arrival I was enthusiastically greeted with an email which had been circulated company wide about my "superior service and knowledge" written by a client who ended said email proclaiming how she "felt like she'd known me for ages because I made her feel comfortable and cared for". Holy moly, thanks lady! LOL. Then I had a quarterly review where everything went swimmingly and how I was "setting the example" for everyone else. Jeez, and that's with feeling like I goof/joke around most of the time. I guess it can work! Just felt really good about it all and didn't share it with anyone but felt comfortable to share it here :)

:D

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Mexicola wrote:
bkillsb wrote:Had an incredibly good day Monday at work. Upon arrival I was enthusiastically greeted with an email which had been circulated company wide about my "superior service and knowledge" written by a client who ended said email proclaiming how she "felt like she'd known me for ages because I made her feel comfortable and cared for". Holy moly, thanks lady! LOL. Then I had a quarterly review where everything went swimmingly and how I was "setting the example" for everyone else. Jeez, and that's with feeling like I goof/joke around most of the time. I guess it can work! Just felt really good about it all and didn't share it with anyone but felt comfortable to share it here :)

:D

THANK YOU! :wink:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:35 pm

im being acknowledged in a book. one of my tutors is using my research for her bit in the oxford handbook of literature and religion. small triumph but my mind is blown. :shock:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:49 pm

louise wrote:im being acknowledged in a book. one of my tutors is using my research for her bit in the oxford handbook of literature and religion. small triumph but my mind is blown. :shock:

That's genuinely superb! Well done!! 8)

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Mexicola wrote:
louise wrote:im being acknowledged in a book. one of my tutors is using my research for her bit in the oxford handbook of literature and religion. small triumph but my mind is blown. :shock:

That's genuinely superb! Well done!! 8)

thank you! :) fugeta can tell you what an actual slacker i am though haha

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Complete slacker. Louie studies English and she's not even read an entire book from her second year. Academia eh, more like the University of Blag :wink:

But in all seriousness, well done Louise :)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:35 pm

fujee wrote:Complete slacker. Louie studies English and she's not even read an entire book from her second year. Academia eh, more like the University of Blag :wink:

ps couldnt have said it better myself ha

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:35 pm

fujee wrote:Complete slacker. Louie studies English and she's not even read an entire book from her second year. Academia eh, more like the University of Blag :wink:

ps couldnt have said it better myself ha

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:14 pm

I have a buddy in the UK seeing the Chills tonite in Leeds for the first time. Sooo happy for him, this band was on the Flying Nun lable and had a hit with 1990's Lp Submarine Bells.

http://youtu.be/yvYihKlgzOg?list=RDMc_tSNivCgg

http://youtu.be/PhMckVUyrpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaGz92Js7mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DxUeFDrkv8

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Happy Monday

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:00 pm

fujee wrote:Happy Monday

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Got a second interview at this post-production video place I live near. Really excited, I haven't had a place like this actually show interest in my work before since it's mostly animation. Im really nervous, but really hoping something comes from it. Could be my first grown up job haha

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Perch wrote:Got a second interview at this post-production video place I live near. Really excited, I haven't had a place like this actually show interest in my work before since it's mostly animation. Im really nervous, but really hoping something comes from it. Could be my first grown up job haha

Good luck man, I have a friend who works in post production. Hope you get the job, sounds great :)

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:05 pm

fujee wrote:Good luck man, I have a friend who works in post production. Hope you get the job, sounds great :)

Thanks! will update!.. may or may not be in this thread haha

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Got the video editing job!! I am ecstatic, I don't even know how to handle it.
They want me to work on a stop motion company logo too, I feel like I'm melting this is so great.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Perch wrote:Got the video editing job!! I am ecstatic, I don't even know how to handle it.
They want me to work on a stop motion company logo too, I feel like I'm melting this is so great.

That's phenomenal news man!! :D

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 am

Well done man, really pleased for you :)
Post a reply