Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 pm

This ^^^ just made me smile. Get in! Happy for you chap, you're due a break.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:28 am

lets all play speedy-j's a shoking hobby on max to celebrate 2020k's recovery!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:20 pm

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:56 am

2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

Holy shit, you've been missing out.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:08 am

I'm turning 18 in less than a month! Now I can buy my own cigarettes yehaa

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:40 am

A hard way to celebrate; we hadn't been happy in this thread for some time

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:08 pm

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:53 am

2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 am

I'VE JUST EXPERIENCED VR FOR THE FIRST TIME. In my own home with an Oculus Rift S headset. Fired up Google Earth VR and felt..madly emotional and utterly fucking dumbstruck.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:36 am

bungler666 wrote:
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Josh wrote:
bungler666 wrote:

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Absolutely punishing.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Isn’t seeing people getting moved and inspired by music brilliant?

Even if it’s an artist I’ve never paid much attention to before, seeing people dissecting and deciding lyrics, and excitedly talking about an album is properly brilliant.

Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 am

synchrodub wrote:Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Props to you that you can apply such a dramatic shift in lifestyle. Many people wouldn't be able to allow such a radical change! Anything in specific happen prior to that, which made it easier?

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:05 pm

I'm going on holiday soon! After a shitty year for a number of reasons (including some ongoing shit tbh), we are off to a remote cottage in the highlands for a week in half term and I have never felt more ready for a break. There will be books, whisky and other high quality booze, scrabble, a log fire, walking and an appropriately autumnal soundtrack. Can. Not. Wait.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Enjoy mate. Sounds idyllic.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 pm

I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Orbited insanitarium wrote:I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

I'm intrigued, go for it :]

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 pm

rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

I'm intrigued, go for it :]

Alright. Well, this might not make a lot of sense as I'm trying to take apart all the most notable bits from the past five hours.

Here we go.
There's a bunch of friends, extremely similar to me who I see on occasion around my town. Body language and the way they all act as a group is something I've never experienced before. These past few weeks I've tagged along with them for some pretty hefty durations of 2-5 to even 6 hours.
I'm not the best in a group setting, but each time I've met them, it get's better and better. More involved, more noticed, more liked.

Anyhow today at around 4.30pm, I decided to go for a walk (in a semi-hope of spotting them.)
A few minutes after leaving the house, to my surprise I bumped into three of them who were also heading into town. Within a small discussion I decided walk with them.
Anyhow, today it just clicked. Maybe because it was a smaller crowd, but on all levels I got on really well.
I was even able to share some common interests with one girl, who is usually not much of a speaker.
I spent a long 5-hour duration with them without feeling out of place one bit, which is why I feel the need to shout it out here!

There is a so much I'm still processing, precise details will probably tumble out if I don't restrain myself. I don't want to Spill out all the happiness beans. :lol:

In an even shorter summery, this is the first time I've felt properly part of the group and they reciprocated this back to me. (which is new)
I've finally turned the corner socially and It's left me feeling utterly elated!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:08 pm

That's all great to hear, Orbited. Nice work! :D
Post a reply