80's City Hot Sountrack

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
What is this? Where did it come form?

this was on boards' official youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8HNhJkyM

it sounds like the ATP version but much better quality, and no clapping or people's voices.

Happy Cycler
i'm inclined to give credence to this notion...

GrandmasDay32
4 months ago

80's City Hot Soundtrack is a fake album made by a Troll. It's not real. This version you are hearing is a sample taken from their live set.

if this were true, that would explain the resemblance to an ATP track.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
how could he sample something and make it better quality with no audience? listen to this track and then listen to the atp track

Sherbet Head
Perhaps this was a live recording from BoC's mixer during the event?
Scott

Posts Quantity
that would be really, really, cool. so then that would make this an official boc track right?

Sherbet Head
well, yes, this is a BoC track either way. It was played at ATP live. We do know that much. As for where this recording came from exactly, that is what we are unsure about.

MDG? Any knowledge on where this recording came from? The Sandison mixer at the ATP show perhaps? ;)
Scott

Posts Quantity
dono wrote:Perhaps this was a live recording from BoC's mixer during the event?

I can't think of another reasonable way that this song could be produced. This track is identical to the one performed by Boards of Canada at ATP. And there's not way you could take the live recording and restore it this well, it's impossible. I'm inclined to say that this recording is 100% genuine, but this begs the question where the hell did it come from?

Sherbet Head
The only other way, logically, is if it was covered (which is unlikely because it is an exact match) or if it came through a dry signal of a mixing console somewhere. I say mixing board.
Scott

Posts Quantity
so is this not epic? where can i get the non youtube quality version of it?

Posts Quantity
The uploader of that track is from New Zealand according to his YouTube info. Aren't one or both of the Sandisons calling NZ home now? Maybe the user has some personal contact with the band and was able to get a soundboard recording of the ATP gig. Maybe it's one of the brothers themselves! K, that's enough unfounded speculation on my part. :lol: Cool version of Julie and Candy either way.

Posts Quantity
how do you know they live in new zealand? i was going to track them down when i study abroad next year

Eagle Minded
yeah ive been wondering where did that user get the high quality version of that live version of julie and candy.
I love this version and the video looks perfect for boc to use it for live visualisations.
Has anyone from this forum seen any of those shows they done back in the day?

Posts Quantity
Jakerpoo wrote:how do you know they live in new zealand? i was going to track them down when i study abroad next year

I believe their official Facebook page used to mention NZ as their current location. It says Hexagon Sun Studios currently. Wherever that may be.

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6552

Happy Cycler
http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... +sountrack

Please Search next time! (Actually, this is one time I am glad someone didn't do a search cause after listening again to the live version and this one, I feel that it is completely legit)

But yeah, I always thought it sounded legit. It sounds just like the live track if you play them side by side. Either it's real, or someone made a fantastic fake. I think it's real. It's sounds exactly like the live track.
Last edited by polar sky on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
dono wrote:The only other way, logically, is if it was covered (which is unlikely because it is an exact match) or if it came through a dry signal of a mixing console somewhere. I say mixing board.

I agree. Mixing board.

Sherbet Head
Location: The Soviet Russia, where is vodka, bears and very cold winters
I've already recorded Youtube 480HD version of this track in 320 kbps and 48 KHz for myself :D

If anyone want this too - Just PM Me :)

Sherbet Head
You could dl the hd video and extract the audio from it pazera audio extractor for example. Three minutes job fellas.

Eagle Minded
polar sky wrote:http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7060&highlight=80s+city+hot+sountrack

Please Search next time! (Actually, this is one time I am glad someone didn't do a search cause after listening again to the live version and this one, I feel that it is completely legit)

But yeah, I always thought it sounded legit. It sounds just like the live track if you play them side by side. Either it's real, or someone made a fantastic fake. I think it's real. It's sounds exactly like the live track.

If it's that good of a fake to be indistinguishable from the song heard in the lower quality live version, would it even really matter? :P

Happy Cycler
esselfortium wrote:
polar sky wrote:http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7060&highlight=80s+city+hot+sountrack

If it's that good of a fake to be indistinguishable from the song heard in the lower quality live version, would it even really matter? :P

Exactly, haha. So to my ears, it's real.

Posts Quantity
its funny how in one thread its undoubtedly a fake and another its undoubtedly real

Next

Return to Boards of Canada