ATP Julie and Candy high quality

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Hey guys....I think this is already being talked about on WATMM but I wanted to hear what you guys have to say/know about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8HNhJkyM I have no clue where he got it that high quality....do you think maybe he mastered it himself or...?

Sherbet Head
Yeah it was recently talked and you can get it from SoulSeek. I have it as mp3 for example. It's recorded straight from mixing-feed.

Eagle Minded
Recorded straight from mixing-feed, huh? Wow I didn't know that had even been recorded. That is, I'm surprised it's never been leaked if that's true.

Sherbet Head
Captured/bootlegged/recorded..there was speculation that there are more tracks recorded this way..and yeah I think it would be weird if only one certain track was recorded through the feed from the whole show. Cant find the older thread about this atm..

Sherbet Head
Wow, fascinating, lovely to hear this version so clearly. Must find more...

Friendly Stranger
Anyone with the .mp3 wanna upload to mediafire? :roll:

Sherbet Head
Location: The Soviet Russia, where is vodka, bears and very cold winters
whylessness wrote:Anyone with the .mp3 wanna upload to mediafire? :roll:

Ahh...cmon guys...there was a topic about it already - i have youtube cuite good quality version of this track on mediafire - PM me who wants...grrr...i think i understand what happening when admins and moders are feeling when seeing the same problem )))

Eagle Minded
I looked before I made this thread and I couldn't find one....if there is one a mod can link to it and lock this topic, it's fine, sorry . :(

Sherbet Head
Perhaps it was leaked from a possible live album/compilation. That would be so cool.

Sherbet Head
thanks very much for this link. love the pacing in this version. the rest of the live show in this quality would make a very happy st. valentines indeed

Eagle Minded
Patryk Ludamage wrote:
whylessness wrote:Anyone with the .mp3 wanna upload to mediafire? :roll:

Ahh...cmon guys...there was a topic about it already - i have youtube cuite good quality version of this track on mediafire - PM me who wants...grrr...i think i understand what happening when admins and moders are feeling when seeing the same problem )))

I think I PM'd you twice. Sorry.

Friendly Stranger
Really makes you wonder where this version of J&C came from though. The guy who uploaded it has never responded. Perhaps it was someone close to BoC?

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmmm I'm looking at soulseek, but there is lots of possibility for missteps, does someone have it on a readily available link or slsk user name to make sure I can find the right ones? :)

Thank you

Dayvan Cowboy
Heh. Just searching the name of the person that uploaded that is interesting reading.

Atalanta Fugiens is a 17th century book of alchemy. I sense we're being teased :)

Sherbet Head
Pretty in Pink wrote:Really makes you wonder where this version of J&C came from though. The guy who uploaded it has never responded. Perhaps it was someone close to BoC?

It's possible this is from an early studio version; one of the unreleased live tracks was once played at a Warp club night, which suggests they have put at least some of this stuff to disc.

Dayvan Cowboy
if this in fact recorded straight from the mixing desk, then i'm sure hoping that the other tracks were to!

Eagle Minded
I just noticed that this is favorited on boc's official youtube channel......how did I not notice it before? *facepalm*

Friendly Stranger
anyone notice comment from msalami (of last.fm fame (http://www.last.fm/user/m-salami)) from 8 months ago: "msalami1: What is 80's City Hot Soundtrack, can you explain please??" (He's French).

Like there was a puzzling "1980s amateur footage snow computer beards," message, but even weirder, and relating to 9 months ago (which was summer)? And how all the attention whoring self-promoting tags are gone?

"Category:

Music

Tags:

Boards of Canada Julie and Candy Hexagon Sun Music70 Warp Records"

Call me crazy, but this isn't from someone with some impossible from the board rip who made a fan video, but rather a teaser for the box coming out with early versions of some of their stuff (like olson (version 3) and aquarius (version 3))

You feel me?

I think BoC are throwing us a bone to wake us from our "snow computer beard" stupors.

Sherbet Head
Maybe it's an alternate reality game and we've all failed to pick up on the clues :)

Eagle Minded
whylessness wrote:anyone notice comment from msalami (of last.fm fame (http://www.last.fm/user/m-salami)) from 8 months ago: "msalami1: What is 80's City Hot Soundtrack, can you explain please??" (He's French).

Like there was a puzzling "1980s amateur footage snow computer beards," message, but even weirder, and relating to 9 months ago (which was summer)? And how all the attention whoring self-promoting tags are gone?

"Category:

Music

Tags:

Boards of Canada Julie and Candy Hexagon Sun Music70 Warp Records"

Call me crazy, but this isn't from someone with some impossible from the board rip who made a fan video, but rather a teaser for the box coming out with early versions of some of their stuff (like olson (version 3) and aquarius (version 3))

You feel me?

I think BoC are throwing us a bone to wake us from our "snow computer beard" stupors.

"80's City Hot Soundtrack" Was the original description.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada