ATP Julie and Candy high quality

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I've looked all morning for it and I think it's gone from youtube. If it is BoC, maybe they took it off. Don't think this is news or anything though.

Friendly Stranger
Milky wrote:I've looked all morning for it and I think it's gone from youtube. If it is BoC, maybe they took it off. Don't think this is news or anything though.

It's here
http://youtu.be/h-y8HNhJkyM

Boqurant
I'm an idiot, thanks :lol:

It's such a good track. I hope they do release something like a live album, with all the ATP tracks together or something. Because then we'd have lots of unheard, old stuff, (Echus) like everyone wants to hear.

Happy Cycler
Milky wrote:I'm an idiot, thanks :lol:

It's such a good track. I hope they do release something like a live album, with all the ATP tracks together or something. Because then we'd have lots of unheard, old stuff, (Echus) like everyone wants to hear.

That would be so nice! But I would want a box set of live tracks. Like Live @ Warp10, Live @ Lighthouse and Live @ ATP. But I would want them to have the same quality as the ATP Julie and Candy.

Boqurant
Oh, God yes. That would be so cool!

Friendly Stranger
I've noticed something strange about one difference between the ATP version and the HQ youtube version...

Here is the youtube version (480p ripped to mp3 for download :D )
http://fileape.com/dl/vIHy2vtAvb0Evu6p

And the ATP recording
http://fileape.com/dl/tXqMGRXO5t9oY87r

HQ Julie and Candy (youtube version)
4:35 background synth comes in for two (measures?)
4:42 4 blips comes in (left speaker)
5:20 last set of 4 blips

ATP version
4:37 background synth comes in
4:44 4 blips should be coming in... (but i don't hear it)

Are the two versions possibly different, or does the low quality of the ATP recording make it impossible to hear those 4 blips?

Sherbet Head
Are the two versions possibly different, or does the low quality of the ATP recording make it impossible to hear those 4 blips?

I think it's just the recording quality, the bass is taking over most of the sounds. The blips in the higher quality version are pretty subtle as well. However I think I sort of can hear them, or at least something reminiscent of them but that could just be my senses fucking with me so I'm not sure at all.

Eagle Minded
Yeah, the sound is so distorted in the ATP recording, I'd be surprised if I could make it out. Or who knows, maybe BoC modified it a bit for the youtube version, made it a little better :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
there's a kaleidoscopic image of a skier in the boards of canada section of the warp records labels unlimited book which definitely leads me to believe this video and song are 100% authentic.

Boqurant
Does anybody know where to download the original source file?

Youtube compresses everything horribly.

Friendly Stranger
Zeffolia wrote:Does anybody know where to download the original source file?

Youtube compresses everything horribly.

I don't think there is anything better than the 480p download from youtube, it's not that bad though.

Sherbet Head
just use www.clipconverter.cc
It's the best youtube vid to mp3 site I know. No stupid ads.

I think it may be able to extract a higher quality version

Happy Cycler
Alls I knows is, that clacky sounding snare that comes in is the same one from Kid For Today.

This is awesome.

Friendly Stranger
Seeya_Later wrote:just use www.clipconverter.cc
It's the best youtube vid to mp3 site I know. No stupid ads.

I think it may be able to extract a higher quality version

Wise words, this is such a great song, and now I have an audio file. It's so great to find soundboard recordings without the crowd noise, because live tracks so often give us something unexpected and new in each performance. I would appreciate a "BoC Box Set of Live Material" as much as a new album! Especially for all those unreleased songs without names.
I'm a man that does not strive for a certain genre, in his music. Ugliness among beauty. Or is the other way, around? Maybe just all ugly.

jeffvaona.bandcamp.com

Boqurant
It's so cool they even shared this with us, makes you glad to be a fan :)

I wonder about the video, is it just for show, or is it supposed to be a visualization of the track in their minds? The last thing I ever thought of when hearing this or the Geoaddi version was skiing.

Posts Quantity
Both the video and the music appear to be incredibly convincing that this is authentic. I would actually have go as far to say that, while the audio is extremely convincing, the video is far more convincing.

Wouldn't that footage be extremely difficult to obtain if it was shown at ATP? Who has the knowhow to make the video a kaleidoscope?

Boqurant
As far as the kaleidoscope part goes, anyone with Sony Vegas can mess with the mirroring effects and get the same results I think. I don't doubt it's real or anything, though. I'd have to guess it's BoC themselves who put it up.

Dayvan Cowboy
- Sound quality so high it had to be taken "off the desk"
- Visuals that are (as far as anyone can remember) authentic to the stage projection
- Posted on a Youtube account with no other posts and linked to by the official BoC account - ( and the likelyhood of them finding it if it wasn't them that put it up is pretty slim).

No way this was not an official thing

Eagle Minded
MrMessiah wrote:- Sound quality so high it had to be taken "off the desk"
- Visuals that are (as far as anyone can remember) authentic to the stage projection
- Posted on a Youtube account with no other posts and linked to by the official BoC account - ( and the likelyhood of them finding it if it wasn't them that put it up is pretty slim).

No way this was not an official thing

the modus ponens is strong in this one...

Eagle Minded
"julie and candy"...
i dunno, you'd think the visuals would hint of girls/women. maybe some cameltoe even, but not two guys wearing tight pants...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada