Red Moon Party?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
radiateme wrote:
Derail wrote:
ExitEuXa wrote:Hey all you inhere it's about time you all shut up about the red moon party! Face the truth that it's a fraud, and it was so from the beginning. I'm not alone with that opininon, lot's of members are tired of that same bullshit every day here. :roll:

Amen. :|

Let's put redmoon to rest, once and for all. *pisses on the grave*

im liking this idea...

Posts Quantity
it should be documented though, on wikipedia or something

Dayvan Cowboy
very dissapointed indeed :x :x , as nothing seems to have happend. wtf!
but oh well.
onwards and upwards.

Posts Quantity
Some people went to the countryside, had a nice time... good.

Other people stayed at home and posted on an internet forum, probably while listening to BOC, had a nice time... also good.

Speculation or no speculation... the people in the country at the observatory seemed to have a good time (me, my friend and the others I met anyway)... the people at home surfing and posting seemed to be OK... apart from "JimCanada" who went to Redpoint, no-one seems to have been left out in the cold. And Jim Canada seems to be a giant bullshitter if he/she expects us to believe that a melted tape would still play.

What is the big deal? BOC had something cryptic on their website, some of us interpreted it and took some action of our own free will. They said nothing definitive. I went in search of a good party with some like-minded people. I like BOC but I don't obsess about them or their music. I was going to ask if we could all calm down a bit but actually I don't care cos I won't be coming back here !

OK lovely people, have fun, enjoy.

:)

Dayvan Cowboy
observation wrote:Some people went to the countryside, had a nice time... good.

Other people stayed at home and posted on an internet forum, probably while listening to BOC, had a nice time... also good.

Speculation or no speculation... the people in the country at the observatory seemed to have a good time (me, my friend and the others I met anyway)... the people at home surfing and posting seemed to be OK... apart from "JimCanada" who went to Redpoint, no-one seems to have been left out in the cold. And Jim Canada seems to be a giant bullshitter if he/she expects us to believe that a melted tape would still play.

What is the big deal? BOC had something cryptic on their website, some of us interpreted it and took some action of our own free will. They said nothing definitive. I went in search of a good party with some like-minded people. I like BOC but I don't obsess about them or their music. I was going to ask if we could all calm down a bit but actually I don't care cos I won't be coming back here !

OK lovely people, have fun, enjoy.

:)

:D bye

Friendly Stranger
i sat on a beach on the east coast of scotland last night watching the full moon go down with BoC on the speakers. What a sight it was.

If there was a live gig going on the island of foula, redpoint or any other place in front of the same lunar view i had, that would have been some experience.

did pople travel to Foula?

New Seed
as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

Dayvan Cowboy
Xerox wrote:as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

I think putting " Geogaddi " on was the best thing that night, sorry. 8)

Sherbet Head
The internet is evil. Wake up.

Sherbet Head
Xerox wrote:as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

what is this? a dream scenario?

Dayvan Cowboy
D4VERDANN is back :lol: :roll:

Sherbet Head
fake :)

Dayvan Cowboy
sigh

Dayvan Cowboy
Complete and utter bullshit. This is all really fucking stupid and I'm beyond fed up with these fake stories, messages, etc.... I want to hear from Liconshire Poacher and Dj Todos. And yes, the internet is evil, and I'm about to throw my laptop out the fucking window.

Dayvan Cowboy
i think i would belive this storie over others. remember they said they dont listen to any dancy IDMy music. could see this happening. but the part about meeting mike, bull. you would wet your little fanboy pink pantys if ya met one of them :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Three of us came up from London, not really expecting anything but hey, better than sitting on our arses pretending to be bothered about the football! We arrived in Edinburgh, got a few maps of the Pentlands and proceeded to the top of Allemuir Hill. After checking out the great scenery we met up with a few others (Lincolnshire Poacher, etc) around the abandoned observatory near Leadburn. This is a great venue, seriously!

We met some interesting / cool people & visited a part of the world that none of us had been to before, so overall we had a great time! For us, BoC managed something that the Scottish Tourist board have never managed.

Would do it again at the drop of a hat! Would have loved to see BoC live but we were no dissappointed in anyway. Bring on 10/06/07!

Dayvan Cowboy
I am starting to think maybe the redmoon page refered to Otcober 6th, 2006 even though that's not how the date thing works over there. Thanks for clearing things up a bit philtr. :)

Posts Quantity

lol, you could of pulled it off on me until you said "i got to speak to mike from boc" I bursted out laughing

Dayvan Cowboy
nlogax wrote:D4VERDANN is back :lol: :roll:

Wake up, D4VERD4NN has never been away. You should take the shit out of your ears and listen to other music than just BoC. :lol: :roll:
Last edited by ExitEuXa on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
Derail wrote:I am starting to think maybe the redmoon page refered to Otcober 6th, 2006 even though that's not how the date thing works over there. Thanks for clearing things up a bit philtr. :)

Oh no... here we go again... :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada