Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.5 [2012]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

One Very Important Coder
This definitely turns out to be my most favourite OOT volume ever!

Full of amazing tracks, perfectly mastered, flowing into each other brilliantly, with great twists and turns in mood... Great work, everyone! It's awesome to be part of something this good!

It's still early on to single out favourites, but for the time being, extra special praise goes to Get-Effect, Skywave, Trick Knobs and Illuminant (and with every listen the list grows larger).

Its also really heartwarming to see all the positive comments about the microsite! Thanks!

@Techboy, glad to hear you're into Whitewards. ;)

Posts Quantity
Its been a while since I last posted but I had to give my respect for this release, very very very well done guys! Lovely stuff once again :)

Wrote something (in dutch) about it on Eclectro as well: http://www.eclectro.nl/2012-08-13-one-on-twoism-deel-5

New Seed
Syberia wrote:Have to ask, who is "AO!"? His/hers track is amazing!
Would be great to have a list of which alias all the artist's have on the forum. At least for those who don't have their artist-name as forum-name.

Techboy wrote:By the way, is anybody having any difficulty with the FLAC download?

I had no problem with the flac download..

a bella! glad you appreciate our track!!

Dayvan Cowboy
really like all the little touches.....the artist hand image with the track. very nice. great site too!

Sherbet Head
What can I say? Fantastic effort by everyone involved. Really did blow me away this one. Looking forward to hearing it in different places. Have a bit of a drive across country on Sunday and looking forward to some fantastic scenery, and this to listen to. I must say I do occasionally stick my iPod on under my helmet when out on the bike, and it really does add to the journey.

Couple of initial favourites, Trick Knobs...Feed not fight, and Esselfortium...Knipling Pin, and anything Skywave!

Although not a musical collaborator on any of these, still feels good to have been around from the first right through to now. It's as if we all just got sick of waiting for another BoC album and went out and made something better...........

Dayvan Cowboy
skywave - lizuna

....super good

Sherbet Head
This is a great release! Super! Ordered three copies 8) Thank you all for the effort.

Dayvan Cowboy
Downloading it now, and gonna buy it later when I have my paycheck.

Always looking forward to this, feels a bit like a new BoC or something.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
Wow, absolutely beautiful artwork and a delicious website. Well done! Looking forward to d/ling tonight when I'm back from work.

I've not been on this forum much in the last 12-18 months (for very good reasons) but I'm really delighted to see this series continuing and getting better...

Bravo!

Dayvan Cowboy
This indeed is the best OoT I have heard. I really love this, top track after 1 listen for me is Blue Suns by Perfect sound forever.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

New Seed
You guys are great! Album is simply amazing! I even liked a little more than the first OOT.

Eagle Minded
gcod wrote:You guys are great! Album is simply amazing! I even liked a little more than the first OOT.

Thank you very much for listening, everyone.

Welcome to Twoism.

Enjoy your lengthy stay.
Nyetscape.bandcamp.com
Nyetscape.tumblr.com

Dayvan Cowboy
gcod wrote:You guys are great! Album is simply amazing! I even liked a little more than the first OOT.

Is that you Hatice?

Happy Cycler
This release is amazing! I must've played it about 8 times through already since I DL'ed it. I haven't decided on a solid favorite yet as so much of it is so good! Thank you again, Twoism!
"It's been a long time..."

Dayvan Cowboy
I must say, best release yet, and an AMAZING website job. Incredible effort, friends.

Ah, upon listening to this collection, I can see why the track I submitted didn't quite fit on this volume. It was almost there, but perhaps a bit too much of an antidepressant of sorts to fit in this lot of songs.

I will say this honestly, that there are a few One on Twoism Volumes that I don't think are that great. However, Volume 5 is not one of them. There are actually a few tracks on this collection that emotionally moved me. Special call-outs are deserved to Skywave, Powernap + Lost Integrity, Perfect Sound Forever, Daza, Kamas, Polygon Ring, Illuminat. But, to all of you.

Sherbet Head
The best OoT yet.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Site Admin
OoT5 has been downloaded an overwhelming amount of times thus far!
mp3 2373
flac 188
cd 30

This is by far the most downloaded edition in the first 2 weeks to date. On the contrary this seems to be the least commented on, edition to date. Normally most of the participated artists will give some feedback... only 8 of those who made it to the final cut responded and only 1 who didn't make the cut. In contrast, OoT4 was already on page 4 within a week. Could it be seasonal influences, like holiday and the weather or not satisfied or just don't like the endproduct? I find it kind of strange considering the amount of downloads and the amazing professional cover & webdesign by Subset.

What is the overal download experience?
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
I certainly don't see it as a comment on the quality of the tunes or mix or artwork. All the comments here have been overwhelmingly positive. You could be right about the seasonal influence though. All the OoT releases have felt quite autumnal to me. I think this set will get a lot more listened to once the nights draw in and it gets a little colder.

Eagle Minded
The quality of sound and writing throughout this album is exceptional - well done on this solid release :D

I've concluded I have two favourites here: The Twilight Interface track literally sounds like a gem; excellent tune, really quite moving.

The other is Bright Pylon's; I would say, the best track on the album - lovely choice of sounds playing some great lines, with a classic, I'd even say British, feel... The whole is almost like stepping back at least 3 decades on an alternate timeline, although I've no idea if this is what was being channeled while writing it... In any event, really feel this one, top stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records