GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
It's up to all our other non-US members on the forum. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. THERE. GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though. We should keep the love in the twoism family. I.E. GO FIND THEM BEFORE SOMEONE AT WATMM DOES!

lmao

Happy Cycler
Good work krs! Super exciting!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
Is it wrong that I still don't want to get too excited yet? When should I just let go and cheer? :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
this is finally happening. 8 years of following these guys body of work, and then 7 years of silence finally about to be broken.

Get it on.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Good work krs! Super exciting!

I'm still in shock. I mean, I know like so many of you guys on here, I haven't been on twoism in months. Maybe even closer to a year, and it's just awesome how this little piece of news has brought us all back together again. It really is a beautiful thing. I know we had some trouble believing in the beginning, but I think the proof is in the pudding. So let's find the other 5 pudding cups!

:oops:

edit: I think all this happening so close/around 4/20 was a huge mistake on the brothers' part though. Everyone's too stoned to keep up.

So, back to work: What are we thinking then? Definitely in the same cities as the Geogaddi listening parties? Thoughts? Clearly, they are at shops that are listed on the RSD site though. *rushes there immediately*

We need to put together a list of all the possible shops.
Last edited by krs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sherbet Head
Great work krs.

Doubters be damned, this shit just got real.

Eagle Minded
krs wrote:

Seriously, though. We should keep the love in the twoism family. I.E. GO FIND THEM BEFORE SOMEONE AT WATMM DOES!

lmao

Yeah I'm sick of their cynical circlejerk over there.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Sherbet Head
G-Guys, do you think I should visit the record stores in my small town in Switzerland tomorrow?
Although I don't think they would ship it here..

Happy Cycler
I bet one of the records is in Edinburgh and one in London. Boards of Canada have released the golden tickets, this is all so very Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
chronical wrote:G-Guys, do you think I should visit the record stores in my small town in Switzerland tomorrow?

It's definitely worth a try, my friend! Get out there and see! Maybe you'll discover some awesome new music in the process.

Sherbet Head
as i've said already, this is risky business. it did suggest to me alright that there were going to be only 6 of these scattered about, in 6 time zones just like their Geogaddi listening party in 6 time zones. I personally feel they've gone back to dark experimental cryptic mode from this period and one of the posters on watmm heard this but he was blasted. TCH was a breather. Those saying 'boc wouldn't be into this sort of stuff" well you might want to revisit Geogaddi. That said album is also due next for reissue and about time.

the risk is this, these may not give the result they want. nobody else has come forward, many boc fans don't bother with these forums, one or 2 of these may end up on ebay with frantic messages to the seller for more information on it. Scattered result.

The movie references they make, 1977 on that AtalantaFugiens video, 1977 Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind 5 note message, no it does not sound like EYDIAB. listen again.

Sherbet Head
Oh, shit. What if one of them's in North Korea!?

They don't even have the real internets!!!

Eagle Minded
I think I've missed this in the manic haze of updates being thrown out today but where was it said that there are 6 copies of this distributed around record stores all over the place? I'm not doubting it's true or anything, I've just missed where this part of it came from.

Sherbet Head
krs wrote:
chronical wrote:G-Guys, do you think I should visit the record stores in my small town in Switzerland tomorrow?

It's definitely worth a try, my friend! Get out there and see! Maybe you'll discover some awesome new music in the process.

I'm broke anyways so I'm just going to walk in there and awkwardly ask if they got a weird BoC vinyl they want to give away for free. Probably not going to work, but I'll try it 8)

Eagle Minded
IronMark wrote:I think I've missed this in the manic haze of updates being thrown out today but where was it said that there are 6 copies of this distributed around record stores all over the place? I'm not doubting it's true or anything, I've just missed where this part of it came from.

------/------/------/------/------/------/

six places, and the one picture of the cover we have has XXXXXX in the 4th place
its just an assumption really

ALSO, I still think
Vostok wrote:Someone in the /mu/ thread theorized that the other 5 records are in the other Geogaddi listening party locations.
London, New York, Tokyo, Edinburgh, Paris, and Berlin

could be right still.
Last edited by Vostok on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Thanks a lot krs! :)

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:as i've said already, this is risky business. it did suggest to me alright that there were going to be only 6 of these scattered about, in 6 time zones just like their Geogaddi listening party in 6 time zones. I personally feel they've gone back to dark experimental cryptic mode from this period and one of the posters on watmm heard this but he was blasted. TCH was a breather. Those saying 'boc wouldn't be into this sort of stuff" well you might want to revisit Geogaddi. That said album is also due next for reissue and about time.

the risk is this, these may not give the result they want. nobody else has come forward, many boc fans don't bother with these forums, one or 2 of these may end up on ebay with frantic messages to the seller for more information on it. Scattered result.

The movie references they make, 1977 on that AtalantaFugiens video, 1977 Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind 5 note message, no it does not sound like EYDIAB. listen again.

With everything that's gone down since 2005 (Global financial meltdown, wars raging on, nuclear sabre-rattling, phone hacking, austerity, banker's bonuses, terrorism etc. etc. etc.) I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see a return to Geogaddi-esque material with the next release.

Sherbet Head
IronMark wrote:I think I've missed this in the manic haze of updates being thrown out today but where was it said that there are 6 copies of this distributed around record stores all over the place? I'm not doubting it's true or anything, I've just missed where this part of it came from.

We were originally assuming it because of the 36 blank spaces in sections of 6:

------/------/------/------/------/------

And then the guy at the record store said there are 5 other records at different locations in different countries. If you guys don't believe, feel free to call the shop and talk to the guy yourselves. I'm sure he'll stop answering the phone after a while, though.

edit: Vostok beat me to it...

Also, just because they seem to be going back to the Geogaddi-esque marketing scheme, doesn't mean the music is going to be like Geogaddi. I could see some darker type TCH stuff on the next album. The idea is pretty enthralling.
Last edited by krs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I bet one of the records is in Edinburgh and one in London. Boards of Canada have released the golden tickets, this is all so very Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

exactly, and that of course is also another old movie from childhood. i spotted this yesterday.

Also this Hangman game style on that cover, fill in the missing words, another childhood favourite.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada