Aquarius Version 3

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I never noticed this before, but in the middle of the song starting 2:40 you can hear Track 12 from Side A of Old Tunes buried beneath the track, and it seems rather loud as to make me wonder how i didn't notice it before.

I wonder if this is deliberate or maybe they used the same master tape or something - i swear i can hear it earlier on in the track as well. Either way pretty interesting. :))
Last edited by Solstice on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Scotia Robot
Ya never noticed????? Good golly I love it, I love it!

Eagle Minded
i'd heard that but never placed it as that old tunes song... awesome.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

New Seed
Ah well spotted, I was wonder where I recognised that from!

Olson (version 3) is pretty neat also, quite sublime....

Eagle Minded
now suggest Olson v. III
Telephasic Workshop

Friendly Stranger
Solstice, did you mean Track 12 on OTV1 side A?

Boqurant
Yes! i meant to say Side A Track 12, not Track 6. :oops:

Dayvan Cowboy
Solstice wrote:Yes! i meant to say Side A Track 12, not Track 6. :oops:

Lol, I was about to say everyone's gone completely boc-nuts :lol:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
I never thought it was "buried", it's kinda obvious imo. We are talking about the kids voice and the "doo doo" bit right? I always just figured they used a bit of that track to spice up the peel session version.

Boqurant
Magic Brenda wrote:I never thought it was "buried", it's kinda obvious imo. We are talking about the kids voice and the "doo doo" bit right? I always just figured they used a bit of that track to spice up the peel session version.

Initially i thought the same, but i can hear it throughout the track at other points too. :wink:

Eagle Minded
So at the end of every Aquarius version there's the clip of the child saying "for sands and stars" that's pretty much common knowledge round these parts. Now for years i used to think that the sample at the end of the song (before discovering the internet) was "Placenta" weird, i know. If you take another listen I'm sure you'll hear it to. It's the way the phrase is reverberated that makes it sound like placenta. Also that's how i got my username.
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Sherbet Head
I always thought it sounded like "the Santa's here", but I can imagine it sounding like "placenta" too.

Boqurant
PlacentaSand wrote:Now for years i used to think that the sample at the end of the song (before discovering the internet) was "Placenta" weird, i know. If you take another listen I'm sure you'll hear it to. It's the way the phrase is reverberated that makes it sound like placenta. Also that's how i got my username.

I always thought the sample was "placenta size" :)
all things shining

Sherbet Head
if you can't pick 'for sands & stars' after listening to live @ warp then you need to get your ears checked
*farts*

idk

Boqurant
seanandcandy wrote:if you can't pick 'for sands & stars' after listening to live @ warp then you need to get your ears checked

We're talking about version 3. Live@Warp is version 2. 8)
No, what I meant is I thought it said placenta size before I read somewhere, probably bocpages, what the sample really says. English is, obviously, not my native tongue so it's sometimes hard for me to catch the meaning. For example, bocpages says that the "The same [female] voice that recites the number sequence says "Orange"' but at first I heard her saying boys (you know, like, 'boys, calm down') to those kids laughing and saying 'yeah, that's right' :)
all things shining

Eagle Minded
Early on in my boc fandom days I tried to look up what that sample was, and read somewhere that it was "through the sea and the stars" so that's what I've always heard, since I tricked my brain into thinking that's what I heard.

Eagle Minded
When I first heard Aquarius, it always sounded like "put four into five" to me which I thought tied in quite neatly with the numbers being read out but now I can't hear anything except for sand and stars.

Eagle Minded
I know the voice on An Eagle In Your Mind is Philip Madoc, but did anyone find the source of the sample?

Posts Quantity
Keeoaddi wrote:I know the voice on An Eagle In Your Mind is Philip Madoc, but did anyone find the source of the sample?

I don't know the source, but this from Wiki is interesting (because I hear the phrase "Jesus wept" in there)

Madoc's voice can be heard reading Bible quotations on a variant of the VoCo alarm clock.

Return to Boards of Canada