May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
dajahew1 wrote:
All we have in NI is cow shit and rain

:P

J

And chavs...

Northern Ireland in a nutshell.

Now that's a bit harsh.... :wink:

Sherbet Head
So with this new video, I'm not sure what to believe... I still don't think it'll be any sort of live performance but I'm positive it's going to be a great experience for all of you who make the trip.

Unfortunately it's too far from the bay for me to come join you and I'll be in the air by then anyway... I am counting on you guys for tons of first-hand reports when the wheels hit the tarmac back home!

Posts Quantity
will also be attending. no expectations is the only sensible policy really. my mind is saying it will just be the one song/video but my body is jittery and speculating wildly.
Last edited by Spaced on Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Side note: On the way to see a friend's band at The Wiltern here in Los Angeles, I spotted this sign:

These signs are used as a way of directing production crew, etc to filming locations for commercials, movies, music videos, etc. I had to snap a picture. I highly, highly doubt is has anything at all to do with BOC - but it was ironic, as I was blasting "Reach For The Dead" at the time.

See y'all in the desert later today. I've been to Lake Delores many times as a kid, this is a bizarre full circle thing for me.......

Eagle Minded
I like how there is a place called 'Ghost Town Road' just down the way.

Posts Quantity
Keeoaddi wrote:I like how there is a place called 'Ghost Town Road' just down the way.

Calico Ghost Town is just outside of Barstow, really cool place to check out.

Dayvan Cowboy
Actually I do hope that people document all the steps of the way to Yermo and Lake Dolores, that way there could be a collective project to put up together for this event, it would be great and interesting in the least, and be part of the twoism spirit. There's been audio creation and releases, this could be a multimedia experience in the making. Sucks that I am 4k km away... damnation! ;)

Posts Quantity
I love the mildly unsafe "hey kids!" vibe of old amusement park commercials. I hope Greg Proops tore it up down there once upon a crime..

Posts Quantity
is this real life?

Sherbet Head
Who from Twoism will get there first? There's 3 and 4G cell signal all the way along I-15 so no excuses for planting your flag when you arrive ;)

Boqurant
I feel like Twoism is sending out astronauts to explore a remote planet.

Please do report when you get there.

Eagle Minded
aperture wrote:I love the mildly unsafe "hey kids!" vibe of old amusement park commercials. I hope Greg Proops tore it up down there once upon a crime..

Right!
In my third album, Grafted, I used a sample of a recording from a later abandoned amusement park where a guy is saying, "Enjoy the ride kids!"

http://synthetrix.bandcamp.com/album/grafted

Posts Quantity
If something is happening there at 5PST, so thats approx 7 hours from now, don't you think there would be some evidence already? Why don't we have anyone on the scene yet? Its a holiday for christ's sake so i know a good deal of people have the day off. If it is really as abandon as it seems then anything electronic happening there later would probably already be being prepped for would it not?

Dayvan Cowboy
vanlorne wrote:If something is happening there at 5PST, so thats approx 7 hours from now, don't you think there would be some evidence already? Why don't we have anyone on the scene yet? Its a holiday for christ's sake so i know a good deal of people have the day off. If it is really as abandon as it seems then anything electronic happening there later would probably already be being prepped for would it not?

Seems like 7 hours with dick all to do in the middle of the desert but wait isn't a great use of time. I could see people showing up 2 or 3 hours early but showing up now seems like a waste of time unless you're someone on the internet who is 1) impatient 2) not personally going.

Sherbet Head
vanlorne wrote:If something is happening there at 5PST, so thats approx 7 hours from now, don't you think there would be some evidence already? Why don't we have anyone on the scene yet? Its a holiday for christ's sake so i know a good deal of people have the day off. If it is really as abandon as it seems then anything electronic happening there later would probably already be being prepped for would it not?

Maybe there are people there already but they've all been sworn to secrecy...

Sherbet Head

Hold your horses. There's early and there's early. Most people have to drive a hell of a way to reach it, and those that don't run the risk of spending several hours sitting around waiting. Looks like there's fuck all shade there..it'll be 90 degrees +.

Posts Quantity
Synthetrix wrote:
aperture wrote:I love the mildly unsafe "hey kids!" vibe of old amusement park commercials. I hope Greg Proops tore it up down there once upon a crime..

Right!
In my third album, Grafted, I used a sample of a recording from a later abandoned amusement park where a guy is saying, "Enjoy the ride kids!"

http://synthetrix.bandcamp.com/album/grafted

Nice track! We could probably have a whole thread devoted to childhood injuries from these places. Billy Bob's broke my middle finger. I wasn't using it much anyway.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:

Seems like 7 hours with dick all to do in the middle of the desert but wait isn't a great use of time. I could see people showing up 2 or 3 hours early but showing up now seems like a waste of time unless you're someone on the internet who is 1) impatient 2) not personally going.

Spending many hours in the desert is what I personally love best. Plenty to keep you busy, if you appreciate the landscapes etc.

Posts Quantity
Twoist wrote:

Hold your horses. There's early and there's early. Most people have to drive a hell of a way to reach it, and those that don't run the risk of spending several hours sitting around waiting. Looks like there's fuck all shade there..it'll be 90 degrees +.

you guys are right...sorry. got a little impatient

Sherbet Head
Magrathea wrote:Actually I do hope that people document all the steps of the way to Yermo and Lake Dolores, that way there could be a collective project to put up together for this event, it would be great and interesting in the least, and be part of the twoism spirit. There's been audio creation and releases, this could be a multimedia experience in the making. Sucks that I am 4k km away... damnation! ;)

This. Would be pretty cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada