May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
What the hell is going on and where?

EDIT; Is it this? http://pitchfork.com/news/50908-watch-b ... n-detroit/

Posts Quantity
boardsofdublin wrote:What the hell is going on and where?

EDIT; Is it this? http://pitchfork.com/news/50908-watch-b ... n-detroit/

Could be something related to that specific track. Could be something related to the picture/location. Could be something completely different online. 3 and 1/2 more hours to go.

Sherbet Head
To me "asked to be discreet" hints at something bigger than just the new song played in Detroit. I'm guessing whole album. I am really hoping this night ends with someone frantically telling us to check our bleep accounts.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ah ok, so @ Midnight GMT time they are either going to release the album early, play a new track with a video somewhere or do a live gig/set.
I'll keep an eye on here so.

Side note: Jaysus, been a while since been on here properly lol, hello everyone again!

Telepath
i don't know but for some reason, in my dream two nights, I went to a happening like this and it had allot to do with this game: Image

I didn't meet the brothers, and I only saw a musicvideo behind bars, but that feeling was really unique.

Just thought I'd share.

Posts Quantity
boardsofdublin wrote:Ah ok, so @ Midnight GMT time they are either going to release the album early, play a new track with a video somewhere or do a live gig/set.

Side note: Jaysus, been a while since been on here properly lol, hello everyone again!

Keep in mind that midnight GMT is 1am in the UK now. Daylight saving time!

Boqurant
Coincidences are pretty powerful, although they don't really do much besides be coincidences.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:To me "asked to be discreet" hints at something bigger than just the new song played in Detroit. I'm guessing whole album. I am really hoping this night ends with someone frantically telling us to check our bleep accounts.

Seems like this landing in our Bleep accounts would defeat the purpose of the listening party in Paris tomorrow.

Dayvan Cowboy
bdzz wrote:
boardsofdublin wrote:Ah ok, so @ Midnight GMT time they are either going to release the album early, play a new track with a video somewhere or do a live gig/set.

Ah no!!!! :cry:

Sherbet Head
boardsofdublin wrote:
bdzz wrote:

Ah no!!!! :cry:

Looks like I'll be staying up all night to find out what goes down

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
nickb523 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilIP61QCrCU

that's one way to pass the time as we wait

Posts Quantity
Surely the pictures should start coming in soon.

Friendly Stranger
Hello to all of you!

My account on here has long since lapsed, and had to create a new one. This whole build-up to the album is so intense, it really makes up for the years of cryptic messages and (at times) blind faith that something would happen.

Bit of a nightmare that it coincides with my PhD viva tomorrow, but good for taking the mind off such trivial things.

:D

Sherbet Head
Manc wrote:Hello to all of you!

My account on here has long since lapsed, and had to create a new one. This whole build-up to the album is so intense, it really makes up for the years of cryptic messages and (at times) blind faith that something would happen.

Bit of a nightmare that it coincides with my PhD viva tomorrow, but good for taking the mind off such trivial things.

:D

BoC > PhD :)

Friendly Stranger
WATMM's JasonDonervan (apologies if they post here too) has posted some images to their Tumblr: http://boardsofcanada2013.tumblr.com

I assume they're from today (there's a picture of his SatNav and tonx's Twitter updates).

Love this one:
Last edited by Pseudopath on Mon May 27, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hitecherous wrote:Surely the pictures should start coming in soon.

People on the ground have been asked to be "discreet" so don't hold your breath

Eagle Minded
There isn't enough happening here yet for me to be able to say anything about the scale of what exactly might go down.

I'm apparently the first of us to land. There is a sort of light caretaker/security situation that may thwart other earlybirds. Unsure. Only a small handful of people on site yet. I basically snuck in.

Posts Quantity
Magrathea wrote:
Hitecherous wrote:Surely the pictures should start coming in soon.

People on the ground have been asked to be "discreet" so don't hold your breath

Tonx already posted some pictures
http://instagram.com/tonx/

Boqurant
Pseudopath wrote:WATMM's JasonDonervan (apologies if they post here too) has posted some images to their Tumblr: http://boardsofcanada2013.tumblr.com

I assume they're from today (there's a picture of his SatNav and tonx's Twitter updates).

Love this one:

Yep, that's me. All images from today on the road/on-site so far are from tonx. I've just been collating as much in the way of visuals over the last few weeks as I can, using the tumblr as a scrapbook to record this crazy rollercoaster ride.
'All data that exists is both reality and fantasy. Whichever it is, the data a person collects in a lifetime is a tiny bit compared to the whole.'
http://boardsofcanada2013.tumblr.com

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada