May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Very pleased with this news. :3
you don't care to hear until you listen

Posts Quantity
nordheim wrote:i feel good that i literally turned it off upon hearing the end of the welcome statement. i hope i wont be tempted any further until an "official" listen

Delayed gratification is all good and fine but i don't think i'm going to have any serious qualms about listening to a far from perfect compressed copy. I already payed for both a CD and Vinyl version and I really don't feel that it will take away from the experience of blasting it on a proper stereo once it's official. If anything it will make me look forward to it more.

Boqurant
Helicoid wrote:
nordheim wrote:i feel good that i literally turned it off upon hearing the end of the welcome statement. i hope i wont be tempted any further until an "official" listen

Delayed gratification is all good and fine but i don't think i'm going to have any serious qualms about listening to a far from perfect compressed copy. I already payed for both a CD and Vinyl version and I really don't feel that it will take away from the experience of blasting it on a proper stereo once it's official. If anything it will make me look forward to it more.

I can't wait for headphones, myself. This all seemed like a really great fan-assisted transmission.

Boqurant
I'm posting some pictures on twitter now.. I don't have the words to describe it! <3

@creative_owlet
Last edited by creativeowlet on Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
kennychiwa147 wrote:Figured I'd chime in. I'm still in shock after that listening. I'm sincerely attempting to not be hyperbolic just for the sake of it, but that was probably the greatest album I've ever heard. At the very least, it was hands down the best album listening experience of my life. I'm still in a daze. My heart has utterly melted. Those of you who couldn't make it, you have a lot to look forward to.

This >>>>> The Quietus

Friendly Stranger
So did anyone with access to the DMV run the plates on the old pickup truck to see who owns it? :)

Posts Quantity

oh you know just THIS AGAIN.

it seems like this whole thing has been a little polarizing for people, but i for one am loving every single second of it. the hits just keep coming.

on another note, i'm not the most active member on twoism, but i wanted to take this chance to tell everybody it has been really nice knowing there's a whole lot of really cool people elsewhere that are all just as excited about this as i am. i believe it was sometime last year when i finally started to think that a new album really just wasn't ever coming. i'm very glad to be wrong about it.

Posts Quantity
softfokus wrote:Image

it seems like this whole thing has been a little polarizing for people, but i for one am loving every single second of it. the hits just keep coming.

on another note, i'm not the most active member on twoism, but i wanted to take this chance to tell everybody it has been really nice knowing there's a whole lot of really cool people elsewhere that are all just as excited about this as i am. i believe it was sometime last year when i finally started to think that a new album really just wasn't ever coming. i'm very glad to be wrong about it.

Saw you were from Austin. Don't really have anything else to say. Should definitely have a listening party

Boqurant
paul wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.

I think you may just have won the internets for today :)

Posts Quantity
Helicoid wrote:
softfokus wrote:Image

Saw you were from Austin. Don't really have anything else to say. Should definitely have a listening party

i was just talking to my friend ben about that. i know he's planning on having one the weekend after it comes out. I'll PM you though, so we don't derail the thread. check your messages.

Boqurant
Oh man that was awesome...the album is beautiful, it was nice to hear it with all that desert scenery around. At the end one of the guys that set the thing up said "I just got a text from the band, they said they love you guys".
Last edited by kidfortoday70 on Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Helicoid wrote:
paul wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.

PAUL! You came through! your'e my hero! No seriously. Will it be posted or should i give you my email?

Nah, just had the gear and decided since it was in my beautiful state, and i love the desert ... it had to be done! i also knew so many of you were here sending us all some seriously good vibes and couldn't be there for countless reasons. I was seriously planning on a live gig. Since that didn't happen I have a nice locked shot of the ... airstream the truck and speakers. Sorry guys. Guess I was too optimistic. Yes, I brought the "dead kitty" wind muffler for my ZOOM recorder. Quite nice - pretty much zeroed out any hint of wind. I will edit it when I get home but that won't be til 3a PDT. Sleep can wait. Will load it to my YouTube page (look for Turk 242). There's already my humble reatment of the cosecha transmission there but tomorrow will be today's festivities.

Ok, so enough of the dry tech talk. To asnwer your question Decorah: kennychiwa147 said it best. I am still a little in disbelief. I quickly got over the no live show thing. It was just really cool to look around and see literally every walk of life there - young and old. That's when you know it's quality music. The setting was impeccable. Surreal. I am an avid trailer camper so this set piece made me smile wide. When the music came on I was pretty much swept away. I considered taking notes but felt like a tool as i was already standing up there with the camera. my buddy kept encouraging me to enjoy the experience too (he was the one rocking the ray bans in the blue t shirt). Yes the air was thick, sweet and sticky. :)

Ok, music - I listened to RFTD for 90 minutes yesterday on loop while running in big sur. never did that with any track in my life. It did not get old. So when I heard it today I wasnt sure how i would react. gotta say i got pretty choked up. I think it was everything - setting, with fellow BOCers, the sky - and the transition was wicked. The opening bits were really a blur. I was shaking and trying not to fuck up the recording. I do remember the fanfare and thought that was really nice. As for the rest, well you'll just have to wait I guess. I will say this - game changer. BEST. ALBUM. EVER.

Yeah, that's right ...
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Dayvan Cowboy
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:
paul wrote:

PAUL! You came through! your'e my hero! No seriously. Will it be posted or should i give you my email?

Nah, just had the gear and decided since it was in my beautiful state, and i love the desert ... it had to be done! i also knew so many of you were here sending us all some seriously good vibes and couldn't be there for countless reasons. I was seriously planning on a live gig. Since that didn't happen I have a nice locked shot of the ... airstream the truck and speakers. Sorry guys. Guess I was too optimistic. Yes, I brought the "dead kitty" wind muffler for my ZOOM recorder. Quite nice - pretty much zeroed out any hint of wind. I will edit it when I get home but that won't be til 3a PDT. Sleep can wait. Will load it to my YouTube page (look for Turk 242). There's already my humble reatment of the cosecha transmission there but tomorrow will be today's festivities.

Ok, so enough of the dry tech talk. To asnwer your question Decorah: kennychiwa147 said it best. I am still a little in disbelief. I quickly got over the no live show thing. It was just really cool to look around and see literally every walk of life there - young and old. That's when you know it's quality music. The setting was impeccable. Surreal. I am an avid trailer camper so this set piece made me smile wide. When the music came on I was pretty much swept away. I considered taking notes but felt like a tool as i was already standing up there with the camera. my buddy kept encouraging me to enjoy the experience too (he was the one rocking the ray bans in the blue t shirt). Yes the air was thick, sweet and sticky. :)

Ok, music - I listened to RFTD for 90 minutes yesterday on loop while running in big sur. never did that with any track in my life. It did not get old. So when I heard it today I wasnt sure how i would react. gotta say i got pretty choked up. I think it was everything - setting, with fellow BOCers, the sky - and the transition was wicked. The opening bits were really a blur. I was shaking and trying not to fuck up the recording. I do remember the fanfare and thought that was really nice. As for the rest, well you'll just have to wait I guess. I will say this - game changer. BEST. ALBUM. EVER.

Yeah, that's right ...

Great post man! Solidifies my faith that this album is gonna be the motherlode. Thanks again for filming, stoked to see yr footage :)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Boqurant
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:
paul wrote:

Yeah, that's right ...

I believe I was right next to you, on your right. :)

Eagle Minded
kidfortoday70 wrote:
paul wrote:
Helicoid wrote:
paul wrote:

Yeah, that's right ...

I believe I was literally right next to you, on your right. :)

We're you sitting on the rock? Sorry mate - wish id intro'd myself. regardless, it was pleasure to be there and share this experience with you.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Eagle Minded
I just got home from the listening party in Newberry Springs and I am damn glad that I took the leap of faith and headed out there. Being in such an intimate, exclusive location with fellow BOC fans and being some of the first non-journalist/insiders in the world to hear TH in it's entirety was an experience I will always cherish and remember.
Big ups to Josh with Warp Record with whom I had a nice enlightening chat.
It was also great to meet Tonx and you all owe him a cold one for the live U-streams that he did.
I took a ton of high res photos and HD video although I will not be posting any of the music that has not been officially released out of respect to the artists and label. I am sure there are plenty of others who have or will be doing so in the coming hours. I will post photos on my website soon, but first I need to hit the shower and wash off the desert grit and grime.
BEST MEMORIAL DAY EVER!

Posts Quantity
kidfortoday70 wrote:Oh man that was awesome...they album is beautiful, it was nice to hear it with all that desert scenery around. At the end one of the guys that set the thing up said "I just got a text from the band, they said they love you guys".

could you imagine having the guys from BoC as contacts in your phone lol? wow.

Sherbet Head
This is just making me want to kill myself because I couldn't go. :'(
ImageImage

New Seed
Keeoaddi wrote:john carpenter all the way
EXACTLY! that is what i have been hearing.

Posts Quantity
kidfortoday70 wrote:Oh man that was awesome...the album is beautiful, it was nice to hear it with all that desert scenery around. At the end one of the guys that set the thing up said "I just got a text from the band, they said they love you guys".

that was the icing on the cake for me. well the merchandise was a pleasant surprise too.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada