May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Theylove you all.

Text?
BOC?
Carrier pigeon maybe...

nice touch. but we already knew that :)

That's really sweet though. They seem like really swell people just from the little I know of them.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Friendly Stranger
Mexicola wrote:Theylove you all.

Text?
BOC?
Carrier pigeon maybe...

Yeah, it's hard to hear from the video, but the guy who was on the microphone (warp guy?) said "I just got a text from the band, and they wanted me to say they love you all".

Posts Quantity
thingsthingsthings wrote:...anyone else stop at that diner a few miles down the road for a bite after? Was a pretty fitting piece of nostalgic americana after the listening.

Saw that, but didn't stop. Glad you did, cool pic!

Dayvan Cowboy
Man, that truck pulling the airstream keeps reminding me of...

ryetronics wrote:Man, that truck pulling the airstream keeps reminding me of...

I was thinking more of the truck in Dual.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
NEXUS-8 wrote:Image

Awesome experience, so glad I decided to drive out there! Is anyone from LA going to have another listening party?

Great pic!

I was thinking it could be good to have another listening party when the album is officially released. Something at night, where there's loads of stars..... would be perfect.

Friendly Stranger
There's a guy on the meetup.com/socal-boards-of-canada group (not on twoism) who just posted a video showing more of the ambience of the day, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQ6yOvD7F0

Thanks Cory B!

Posts Quantity
Macro Micro wrote:There's a guy on the meetup.com/socal-boards-of-canada group (not on twoism) who just posted a video showing more of the ambience of the day, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQ6yOvD7F0

Thanks Cory B!

wow this is fantastic. thank you for sharing this and thank you to Cory B for creating it

Eagle Minded
just spent the last hour reading all these great comments, sounds like it was really something you'll treasure having experience. i don't think i could be more psyched for release date now.

might be a long shot with ~10 days to go but for a UK listening party would be legendary...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
ryetronics wrote:Man, that truck pulling the airstream keeps reminding me of...

I was thinking more of the truck in Dual.

Love that movie! :)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Boqurant
Video editing done. Now for titles, color, export and upload. This will be the three track version.

Expect it later tonight :)

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:Video editing done. Now for titles, color, export and upload. This will be the three track version.

Looking forward to it.
One small step for man, one giant leap for Wagon Christ.

Sherbet Head
creativeowlet wrote:Video editing done. Now for titles, color, export and upload. This will be the three track version.

sweet.

Posts Quantity

Can' t wait! THANX!

Eagle Minded
todieisfun wrote:
rainier wrote:Has anyone heard from tonx? Did his mind just get totally blown and he wandered off into the desert or something? But seriously, that was cool of him to do*, hope he got home ok.

*I mean cool of him to stream it, not cool of him if he wandered off into the desert. Well that would be sort of cool as long as he didn't get eaten by coyotes or something.

last i heard he was all high on peyote and howling with the wolves wandering off into the moonlight

I would love to regale you with tales of my post listening party desert wanderings... the peyote vision quest, the saucers that appeared from behind a red moon, losing my iPad somewhere along the jacquard causeway, the secret "hooper bay" tape I discovered inside the airstream trailer...

But actually I drove home to LA at lightning speed, ate some tacos and passed out.

I didn't expect to be the first to arrive. I had thought I'd leave LA around noon, but when I woke up the anticipation was too much and I felt like getting my show on the road.

The desert is beautiful and the drive is great once you're on the 15... the landscape really lights up your brain. I stopped in Yermo and took some pics at the RFTD gas station, just a few miles ahead of the waterpark. Why don't I drive out this way more often?

When I got to the waterpark there was only 1 car in the lot and a white truck drove out to meet me... security or a caretaker. He asked what I was doing there. I meekly said something confusing along the lines of "supposed to meet some friends here", which I realized does nothing to allay suspicion that I'm trafficking in drugs or white slaves. He asked what friends and I continued "some are coming in from Vegas and others from LA… sort of an event… some record company folks." Bingo. He assumed I was with the record company guys and had me follow him out to the side where the trailer had just arrived and one of the gentlemen from Warp was coordinating.

I parked just far enough away from the people that I could buy some time, pretended to be on the phone and waved off my caretaker with a sort of thanks. The 3 folks near the trailer were examining me and I fiddled around a bit before exiting the car, nonchalantly heading into the park with camera in hand.

After a few minutes, one of the gents from Warp came over, confirmed that I was the first to arrive, and asked if I would avoid any major spoilers by tweeting what I was seeing in the set up. He wouldn't spill exactly what they were up to beyond an "event" and how they came to choose the spot and I was kind of happy to maintain my own element of surprise too. Wasn't quite sure what to say about the matter as almost anything I tweeted was going to sound cryptic, so rather than say "at least two Warp folks, light security and an airstream trailer" I just said "I've been asked to be discrete…"

I had the feeling I might be trespassing to a degree and that others arriving might not be able to get in, but that turned out to be a non issue. So yeah… I tried to lay low and avoid being hustled out ahead of any larger set-up that might be happening.

I was torn between a desire to unplug and explore a bit and the growing chorus of voices from the internet desiring updates. Arriving early I felt a de facto obligation to provide some kind of a signal. At some point I set up a google hangout which only kind of sorta worked and was clearly going to chew through my iPad mini's battery. Later installing ustream worked a lot better. I felt a bit like a cyborg, uncomfortably juggling my iDevices, so I'm a little bummed at not being fully present to meet more of the peoples who showed up. My impression of our little crowd is that BoC fans are quality folks all around, which comes as no surprise.

As for the listening… the record is awesome. As darkly sublime as one could hope.

I hope I didn't cross any lines or piss off anyone at Warp or the brothers with my broadcast. I was startled to see after the fact that A) ustream saves that stuff and B) the image and audio quality are waaay better than I would've guessed. I've avoided listing to too much spoiler-ing of the record and even RFTD isn't in rotation for my listening yet till I can lay down with the full album in the right frame of mind and with my good headphones -- so I hope my broadcast doesn't diminish the impact for anyone's first listen of the LP.

Big thanks to everyone that poked me here and on twitter (and a few of you who subscribed to my coffee!). Big thanks to the absurdly good battery life of the iPad mini. Big thanks to Warp and Boards of Canada for showing their love of the fans. I'm really looking forward to that giant "BoC Set" of old unreleased tapes that the saucer people told me about.

Sherbet Head
tonx wrote: I'm really looking forward to that giant "BoC Set" of old unreleased tapes that the saucer people told me about.

wait. what :shock:

Posts Quantity
tonx wrote:I would love to regale you with tales of my post listening party desert wanderings... the peyote vision quest, the saucers that appeared from behind a red moon, losing my iPad somewhere along the jacquard causeway, the secret "hooper bay" tape I discovered inside the airstream trailer...

haha you are awesome :P

New Seed
tonx wrote:
todieisfun wrote:
rainier wrote:Has anyone heard from tonx? Did his mind just get totally blown and he wandered off into the desert or something? But seriously, that was cool of him to do*, hope he got home ok.

*I mean cool of him to stream it, not cool of him if he wandered off into the desert. Well that would be sort of cool as long as he didn't get eaten by coyotes or something.

last i heard he was all high on peyote and howling with the wolves wandering off into the moonlight

I would love to regale you with tales of my post listening party desert wanderings... the peyote vision quest, the saucers that appeared from behind a red moon, losing my iPad somewhere along the jacquard causeway, the secret "hooper bay" tape I discovered inside the airstream trailer...

But actually I drove home to LA at lightning speed, ate some tacos and passed out.

I didn't expect to be the first to arrive. I had thought I'd leave LA around noon, but when I woke up the anticipation was too much and I felt like getting my show on the road.

The desert is beautiful and the drive is great once you're on the 15... the landscape really lights up your brain. I stopped in Yermo and took some pics at the RFTD gas station, just a few miles ahead of the waterpark. Why don't I drive out this way more often?

When I got to the waterpark there was only 1 car in the lot and a white truck drove out to meet me... security or a caretaker. He asked what I was doing there. I meekly said something confusing along the lines of "supposed to meet some friends here", which I realized does nothing to allay suspicion that I'm trafficking in drugs or white slaves. He asked what friends and I continued "some are coming in from Vegas and others from LA… sort of an event… some record company folks." Bingo. He assumed I was with the record company guys and had me follow him out to the side where the trailer had just arrived and one of the gentlemen from Warp was coordinating.

I parked just far enough away from the people that I could buy some time, pretended to be on the phone and waved off my caretaker with a sort of thanks. The 3 folks near the trailer were examining me and I fiddled around a bit before exiting the car, nonchalantly heading into the park with camera in hand.

After a few minutes, one of the gents from Warp came over, confirmed that I was the first to arrive, and asked if I would avoid any major spoilers by tweeting what I was seeing in the set up. He wouldn't spill exactly what they were up to beyond an "event" and how they came to choose the spot and I was kind of happy to maintain my own element of surprise too. Wasn't quite sure what to say about the matter as almost anything I tweeted was going to sound cryptic, so rather than say "at least two Warp folks, light security and an airstream trailer" I just said "I've been asked to be discrete…"

I had the feeling I might be trespassing to a degree and that others arriving might not be able to get in, but that turned out to be a non issue. So yeah… I tried to lay low and avoid being hustled out ahead of any larger set-up that might be happening.

I was torn between a desire to unplug and explore a bit and the growing chorus of voices from the internet desiring updates. Arriving early I felt a de facto obligation to provide some kind of a signal. At some point I set up a google hangout which only kind of sorta worked and was clearly going to chew through my iPad mini's battery. Later installing ustream worked a lot better. I felt a bit like a cyborg, uncomfortably juggling my iDevices, so I'm a little bummed at not being fully present to meet more of the peoples who showed up. My impression of our little crowd is that BoC fans are quality folks all around, which comes as no surprise.

As for the listening… the record is awesome. As darkly sublime as one could hope.

I hope I didn't cross any lines or piss off anyone at Warp or the brothers with my broadcast. I was startled to see after the fact that A) ustream saves that stuff and B) the image and audio quality are waaay better than I would've guessed. I've avoided listing to too much spoiler-ing of the record and even RFTD isn't in rotation for my listening yet till I can lay down with the full album in the right frame of mind and with my good headphones -- so I hope my broadcast doesn't diminish the impact for anyone's first listen of the LP.

Big thanks to everyone that poked me here and on twitter (and a few of you who subscribed to my coffee!). Big thanks to the absurdly good battery life of the iPad mini. Big thanks to Warp and Boards of Canada for showing their love of the fans. I'm really looking forward to that giant "BoC Set" of old unreleased tapes that the saucer people told me about.

Seriously you guys gotta hand it to Tonx!!! This cat clued almost everyone in on what was going on at this event. Im telling you this took a lot of self motivation on his part because the last thing I would want to do is live tweet, video, and be constantly taking pictures of an event I so dearly wanted to get lost in. I wanted to come up to you but you looked like you were in the zone and I didn't wanna mess up your flow. Tonx you worked hard!! The biggest thing is that it seemed that you had the entire BOC community on your shoulders... Good job..Talk about self sacrifice, he nailed it!! He did this so others online could enjoy this event through him. PROPS!

Edit**Damn I didn't realized I quoted...sorry for the long quote

Sherbet Head
dubprocess wrote:
Seriously you guys gotta hand it to Tonx!!! This cat clued almost everyone in on what was going on at this event. Im telling you this took a lot of self motivation on his part because the last thing I would want to do is live tweet, video, and be constantly taking pictures of an event I so dearly wanted to get lost in. I wanted to come up to you but you looked like you were in the zone and I didn't wanna mess up your flow. Tonx you worked hard!! The biggest thing is that it seemed that you had the entire BOC community on your shoulders... Good job..Talk about self sacrifice, he nailed it!! He did this so others online could enjoy this event through him. PROPS!

Agreed. Thanks a lot Tonx, you really made the event extend to a hell of a lot more people than it otherwise would. I felt a part of it thanks to you. Cheers.

Friendly Stranger
Tonx you're a legend. You helped us experience it from all over the world. It looked like a truly awesome event and i wish I could have been there in person, but thanks to you I did the next best thing. Really cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada