May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx has secured his place in the Bocosphere that's for sure, thanks pal, you rule!

Eagle Minded
tonx you are a god amongst men

words cannot express my thanks

Friendly Stranger
tonx wrote:I hope my broadcast doesn't diminish the impact for anyone's first listen of the LP

Are you kidding? You sir are a LEGEND. You allowed almost 1300 other deliriously happy BOC fans take part in a magical moment, live, even though we couldn't be there in person.

Stellar work. Kudos.

As for diminishing anyone's first listen, heck we all had the option of the "off" button any time we wanted it.

Boqurant
+1 thanks to tonx, I was sneakily watching the ustream on my phone in Australia while at work.

Eagle Minded
the only thing you did for me tonx is make my raging boner even harder

besides the wind really dickered with the sound which is not a complaint by any means. you'd need a real good camera with a pop shield to break through the desert winds yesterday

Dayvan Cowboy
You were a star Tonx. Many thanks.

Boqurant
i just want to hear jacquard causeway in full, i know someones got it

Boqurant
Can someone tell me what was the trailer for?

Did the brothers pop out at the end, with candy and vinyl records for everyone?

Friendly Stranger
Tonx, thanks so much for your work. I haven't gotten to do anything this big, but juggling the needs of the masses with your own fun is not easy.

You've done a man's job, sir. I hope you get at least $200 for your Warp water. I don't even want to think about what the Warp ice would have been worth. :)

Eagle Minded
noilednad wrote:Can someone tell me what was the trailer for?

Did the brothers pop out at the end, with candy and vinyl records for everyone?

The trailer hid the sound crew and equipment so that all you saw was the truck/trailer and speakers, the people listening and the desolation. The Warp guy did bring out posters and stickers for everyone after. They also provided water for the silly folks who come out to the desert without any. There were no concessions. Your money's no good at a BOC listening party. Heheheh

Friendly Stranger
Yesterday was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I didn't think anything was actually going to happen until I saw this forum blowing up so I jumped into the car at 3pm and hauled some serious ass to the middle of the desert. I made it at 4:59 pm.

I know most of you who attended think the album is truly an exceptional piece of work and while I tend to agree, I don't think it will go down as their defining piece of work.

I jumped on the BoC bandwagon when Music Has the Right to Children was released. And as much as I love everything they put out, Trans Canada Highway takes the cake. I know I know, its not even a full length, but memories aside I think this small EP had the biggest impact on me.

Anyway, back to the point. I think TH is truly a special album, I dont think it eclipses any full length that they have released to date, including Campfire Headphase. I know many of you write that album off and I understand why, but I find it very engaging and rather refreshing when compared to some of their heavier material. TH flows between dark and light. It tromps you through the depths of tense melancholy and then lifts you to a comforting warm embrace. The album flows like any of their other major releases, with ample droning interjections that relay you to the next chapter. Its so familiar, but seemingly new. It never fails to intrigue.

TH is a solid mix between Geogaddi and Music Has the Right to Children. There are a couple of gems that really shine and then there are a few others (as someone else mentioned) that take some getting used to. For those of you absolutely aching to hear the new album, I really believe its worth waiting for. Each song is extremely complex and I highly doubt low quality recordings would be able to pick up on the nuance each song offers. Yes, you'll at least know what the damn thing sounds like, but would it be worth it? Was waiting for so many years worth taking a peak at low quality recordings?

Half of me hopes no one uploads the full set and the other half of me wishes I was "that" guy who saved the day for all of those who don't live in SoCal.

So until June 10th comes, I will be checking this forum regularly to see which one of you makes the first move for sharing the other tunes. Am I going to judge you? Probably, but I totally know why you'd do it :)

New Seed
I made it out to Lake Dolores yesterday too (this is actually my first post here). I ran across Tonx's twitter postings and got there just minutes before the "please only record the first three songs." Had a great chill time, the scenery/weather/music/audience were spot on. There's some pictures and a brief video on my blog.

I'm a relatively recent BoC fan, but I'm loving the whole Numbers Station/Crypto scavenger hunt in the album run up.

New Seed

Eagle Minded
welcome aboard quartz!

not only am i super pumped about the new album, im also super pumped that because of this great ARG it has created a ton of hype, bringing in some fresh blood or luring those who were dissolutioned by the 7 years of radio silence back into the fold

Eagle Minded
i couldn't help but revel at the range of people in attendance. such good people you all are. the silence between each track was palpable and moving in itself - not from a lack of enthusiasm, but instead, to not break the flow. that was very powerful as it went unspoken. some with heads down, some with eyes closed, others dancing - each person went to their little music world however they do. it was really a community and i never felt so part of something bigger than my own thoughts. i tend to be pretty stoic but i was very moved.

since there was no live performance, after a while, i realized i was just filming an (albeit very cool) airstream and truck. the major purpose of going to get this (for those who could not be there) was somewhat compromised. i lie … i also went to have what was probably the most susbstantial music/band-related experience i have ever had - to include live shows.

i was sitting here today thinking i could keep chopping this thing up to cover up my lack of preparedness, but i realized 1) people want to hear the music 2) its not about me, and C) they already made a beautiful video … who am i kidding? so here it is - i won't be doing smooth cam filters and all razzmatazz that to make it look better. i did do some color just for atmosphere. i happened to get a few more shots near the end and came up short on footage so i had to mix in stills. ugh - sorry. so i'm just gonna put it out there - imperfections and all since everyone has been so kind, patient, and supportive of us who were shooting.

Jack is also working on his edit and i am sure it will blow the doors off later tonight. until then, to hold you over … a heartfelt thank you to Boards Of Canada for bringing us all together and everyone here at Twoism. it was a very special day and each and every one of you were a part of it no matter where you were last night, we felt it there - in the wind, in the desert, in the music.

enjoy … http://youtu.be/nkqjncwIqFM
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
paul wrote:i couldn't help but revel at the range of people in attendance. such good people you all are. the silence between each track was palpable and moving in itself - not from a lack of enthusiasm, but instead, to not break the flow. that was very powerful as it went unspoken. some with heads down, some with eyes closed, others dancing - each person went to their little music world however they do. it was really a community and i never felt so part of something bigger than my own thoughts. i tend to be pretty stoic but i was very moved.

since there was no live performance, after a while, i realized i was just filming an (albeit very cool) airstream and truck. the major purpose of going to get this (for those who could not be there) was somewhat compromised. i lie … i also went to have what was probably the most susbstantial music/band-related experience i have ever had - to include live shows.

i was sitting here today thinking i could keep chopping this thing up to cover up my lack of preparedness, but i realized 1) people want to hear the music 2) its not about me, and C) they already made a beautiful video … who am i kidding? so here it is - i won't be doing smooth cam filters and all razzmatazz that to make it look better. i did do some color just for atmosphere. i happened to get a few more shots near the end and came up short on footage so i had to mix in stills. ugh - sorry. so i'm just gonna put it out there - imperfections and all since everyone has been so kind, patient, and supportive of us who were shooting.

Jack is also working on his edit and i am sure it will blow the doors off later tonight. until then, to hold you over … a heartfelt thank you to Boards Of Canada for bringing us all together and everyone here at Twoism. it was a very special day and each and every one of you were a part of it no matter where you were last night, we felt it there - in the wind, in the desert, in the music.

enjoy … http://youtu.be/nkqjncwIqFM

damn the quality is amazing. you the man

Friendly Stranger
Thank you so much, the quality really is great, i can actually decipher what is happening in Gemini now. I'm afraid it's actually only the first 2 songs though, not 3.

Posts Quantity
Not to be ungrateful or anything but the vid only goes to RFTD, which is only 2 songs. Good quality though!

Posts Quantity
Reach for the Dead sounds better in this recording haha

Sherbet Head
SPOILER ALERT:
entire album lies beyond...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPzcTxO2zA
Last edited by northernlite on Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada