May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
todieisfun wrote:Reach for the Dead sounds better in this recording haha

I was thinking the same thing. It adds texture.

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPzcTxO2zA

woah you should at least spoiler alert that or something. thats the whole thing!

Sherbet Head
Helicoid wrote:

woah you should at least spoiler alert that or something. thats the whole thing!

good call, edited

Posts Quantity
Nice. I really wanted to head Jacquard in quality and accidentally skipped ahead. Only heard a fraction of a second snippet though.

Posts Quantity
i knew that was gonna happen but i was hoping it wouldn't :/
i'm gonna just skip this youtube

Posts Quantity
euue wrote:i knew that was gonna happen but i was hoping it wouldn't :/

Yeah I'm not listening past Jacquard.

Posts Quantity

yeah. sort of a bummer; i think it might make future events like this more unlikely. alas.

Dayvan Cowboy
northernlite wrote:
Helicoid wrote:

good call, edited

as cool as that is...im holding off.
i sampled the first three tracks posted by tonx only briefly....and that was enough.
gonna wait for the real.

thanks for the link though.

Posts Quantity
it's a sad sad day at Blake Holsey High

Posts Quantity
It was sooo F****** hard to close that window! I managed to though.

Dayvan Cowboy
thingsthingsthings wrote:

yeah. sort of a bummer; i think it might make future events like this more unlikely. alas.

i wouldnt worry about that. technology is unstoppable. someone will always get in there somewhere.
if not craftily, then planted to make it seem that way.

unless someone can plug into the source, the recording you're gonna get wont be nearly as good as the real thing. and bottom line, you dont have to click on the link. you can show some restraint and just wait. its not gonna change anything if you hear it a few days earlier. well actually.....it will. you will have dulled your first listen of the actual release.

not sure why everyone needs to get the stuff before theyre supposed to get it.
"good things come....."

you waited 8 years. whats a few more freakin days.

Dayvan Cowboy
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
thingsthingsthings wrote:

i wouldnt worry about that. technology is unstoppable. someone will always get in there somewhere.
if not craftily, then planted to make it seem that way.

unless someone can plug into the source, the recording you're gonna get wont be nearly as good as the real thing. and bottom line, you dont have to click on the link. you can show some restraint and just wait. its not gonna change anything if you hear it a few days earlier. well actually.....it will. you will have dulled your first listen of the actual release.

not sure why everyone needs to get the stuff before theyre supposed to get it.
"good things come....."

you waited 8 years. whats a few more freakin days.

If you put a cookie in front of a child and then tell them to wait 5 minutes and they'll get a better cookie, they'll always eat what's in front of them and wait expectantly for the better one. Human nature is all it is.

With that being said, I clicked before realizing what it was, clicked ahead in the video about 10 times at 3 seconds intervals and then closed the tab like I'd been caught red-handed. The urges are so strong!

Boqurant
Lame. I'd report it but apparently youtube only lets you submit a claim if you have the copyright.

Eagle Minded
thank you so much paul, gemini really is a beast

and also fuck you to whoever uploaded the whole show. i mean...this is coming from a guy who was fully prepared to download a leak but you know what, i want to experience the album proper when it actually comes out.

so i too will be skipping that video and shame on you for posting it, whoever you are.

edit - maybe that was a bit harsh, it just really bums me out that people cant honor bands wishes. that experience was meant to be special for those in attendance and i would have killed to be there. however i wasnt and im considering myself lucky that i got to hear what the band wanted me to hear. now i will wait

Sherbet Head
thinkdontpray wrote:thank you so much paul, gemini really is a beast

and also fuck you to whoever uploaded the whole show. i mean...this is coming from a guy who was fully prepared to download a leak but you know what, i want to experience the album proper when it actually comes out.

so i too will be skipping that video and shame on you for posting it, whoever you are.

sorry, but its not like you hear anything new in the first 10 mins... if you dont want to listen, dont!

im just the messenger, dont shoot me

Posts Quantity
aw man. hope the brothers aren't too bummed. i guess it will be taken down in a few hours, not that it makes a difference.

Eagle Minded
northernlite wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:thank you so much paul, gemini really is a beast

sorry, but its not like you hear anything new in the first 10 mins... if you dont want to listen, dont!

im just the messenger, dont shoot me

no sorry i didnt mean you for posting the link, i meant whoever posted the video.

Sherbet Head
i do feel slightly guilty for posting the link here, but i figured someone might as well

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:i do feel slightly guilty for posting the link here, but i figured someone might as well

Agreed. I was almost going to make a new topic about it but I figure the word will spread like wildfire anyways. No need to add fuel.

Boqurant
northernlite wrote:i do feel slightly guilty for posting the link here, but i figured someone might as well

:wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada