[Interview] De:Bug (June 17th, 2013)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
http://de-bug.de/musik/10677.html

Perhaps the most in-depth interview yet; while reiterating a lot of the points in the NYT and Guardian articles, they go more in to the clue campaign, relation to older sounds, and fans in this one.

Dayvan Cowboy
dope sauce! reading now. 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
*pulls up chair, needs to sit down

Sherbet Head
Awesome. Can any kind German/Austrian pick me up this issue of DE:BUG when it comes out and send it to the UK, all costs paid :D ?

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:*pulls up chair, needs to sit down

edit: nooooooooooooo, this site is not loading :evil:

Dayvan Cowboy
We really wanted to bring back a feeling of anticipation for new music that has largely been lost in recent years, mainly because of the internet

This is in regard to the marketing campaign. Well done, Sandisons. :)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Eagle Minded
"Our listeners seem to be really cool, savvy types of people. They didn’t let us down." - Mike Sandison

Hell YES. Best interview so far, very comprehensive.
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Even positive comments can give you a false sense of what’s good about your work, so it’s really better to try to ignore it.

I completely understand where he's coming from, but still :(

I liked to fantasize that they would occasionally come here and laugh at us, but I guess they really don't.

I wish an interviewer would ask if they've listened to One on Twoism, but it sounds like they probably haven't haha
Last edited by Ender on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts Quantity
... if we were able to inspire one person to go out and make their own mark in some way, whether through art or politics, it would make it all worthwhile. On the one hand you can argue that it’s only music and of course that’s right, it’s trivial in the context of history, but all art inspires and moves somebody somewhere, and that’s like a kind of energy passing down through a chain of generations, and it’s all you can ask for as a musician.

this. i like that interview.

Posts Quantity
Thaddeus Herrmann is one of the interviewers, im guessing thats the same Thaddeus Herrmann from herrmann & Kleine, boy robot, sonic subjunkies etc.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ah, good to see Clint Mansell get a mention. He's a local lad to me :)

Happy Cycler
I liked that interview - some really nice points made. I got the impression the interviewer was a fan.

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:I got the impression the interviewer was a fan.

Yes, definitely. One of their best interviews so far.

Eagle Minded
This is my most favourite part

"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation."

:D

Friendly Stranger
Mike: It’s not really an environmental thing, it’s much more to do with people and the direction our civilization is taking us in. We’re not literally talking about plants when we use the term “seeds”, so you have to think sideways about the song titles. We’re living in a time of very dramatic change in terms of population numbers and insidious political events and in some ways it now feels that some sort of crash on the horizon is not just inevitable but in fact necessary.

This makes sense. I had a feeling the entire album wasn't just an Energy Warning rehash.

One of the best interviews I've seen by them.
Beauty, eh?

Posts Quantity
That was great.

"It’s about finding something beautiful in desolation"

Posts Quantity
WeHadNormality wrote:
A_Northern_Soul wrote:I got the impression the interviewer was a fan.

Yes, definitely. One of their best interviews so far.

(out of topic)
LOVE your Clark banner!

Eagle Minded
Marcus: ... As with movies these days, everybody already knows absolutely everything that happens in a film before it even hits theatres. It kills the magic. So we were trying to figure out how to get younger listeners to experience some kind of buzz for the record in the way we used to as kids, which is really difficult to do these days because kids can have everything they want, almost at the press of a button.

Pretty sure that MDG made a very similar point on here a couple of years back in response to some shameless digging for info from yours truly and deleted it straight away. Q.E.D.?!?!?

Great interview. Love what these fellas are saying. They can't do no wrong right now 8)
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Eagle Minded
^^
Ballsed that up. Quoted myself before I even posted the original post. :oops:
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:All I can say is that it was never traditional for an audience to be privy to the machinations of an artist, filmmaker, musician, or author until the internet (and specifically blog websites) were invented.
By the time Peter Jackson releases his new movies, some of his audience will have already seen much of the film on his Facebook blog and other websites.
Do any of you guys remember the days when something wonderful just appeared out of the blue, without having had it all explained away and spoiled in advance?

Marcus wrote:As with movies these days, everybody already knows absolutely everything that happens in a film before it even hits theatres. It kills the magic. So we were trying to figure out how to get younger listeners to experience some kind of buzz for the record in the way we used to as kids, which is really difficult to do these days because kids can have everything they want, almost at the press of a button.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada