Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: post your photography thread!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:37 am

Some photos from a couple years back with my best mate. Kings Wood, Kent, January, dead of winter. It was a hell of a lot colder than it looked (for the south of england anyway). Freezing our nuts off in bogstandard sleeping bags. Frying up local venison sausage and goose eggs in a trangia, hiking with far too heavy bags for miles. Good memories from a time when I was less stressed and had more money.

As you can see I am less than an amateur photographer, but I still really like some of these.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:28 am

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:58 am

Aerial Boundaries & coffee grapes, those both look like very pleasant and enchanting places to be :) there's just something about winding roads...

I'm not much of a photographer but here is an giant odd strawberry I found one day:

Spoiler: show

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 am

I like to tinker with my iPhone apps a lot.

Father's Day:

Kaleidoscope Dog:

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:40 am

odd and satisfying :}

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:41 pm

One of my recent pieces I've done for of My Samsung for my portfolio.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Also one of my landscapes I worked on remixing.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:55 am

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Found an old Polaroid camera in my garage from years ago, along with an unopened 20 year old film cartridge, photos came out like this -

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:50 am

jcnporter wrote:Found an old Polaroid camera in my garage from years ago, along with an unopened 20 year old film cartridge, photos came out like this -

Dude that is awesome!

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:17 am

Amazing find. With Album cover worthy photos!!!

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks, they're just a few photos of round my house, unfortunately just 10 photos on that one cartridge. Just found out that you can buy old cameras and new film here. Apparently the new film they make is much more sensitive than original polaroid films and probably easily degraded or 'washed out'. Unfortunately it's also pretty expensive.
Here's another couple I took today -

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:37 am

That is quite lovely JCN. Bravo!

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:03 am

Some great work in this thread.

A beautiful place out in the Baltic

An experimental one from a series I did a couple of years ago

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 pm

My town has a gray, rusty overrun look to it. Using an old film camera accentuated that aspect.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:23 am

Those polaroids look great. I bought some about 4 years ago from my roomate who was getting rid of a camera and about 20 rolls of polaroid film. I still have yet to take a picture with it, I should as now I live in a great place for pictures. Back then I was living in ohio and there wasn't much that inspired me to take pictures. Since I've moved to the "emerald triangle" of Northern California named for its massive sequoias and tremendous cannabis production. I've taken about 8,000 photographs since moving here 3 years ago. The only one I didn't take is me sitting on the tree stump.

The pictures are too large in their format to post from imgur but the link is at the bottom. Forget about the photography aspect as it is worth it just to see this place, it's really something.
http://imgur.com/a/xQJvz

Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 am

machinea wrote:Those polaroids look great. I bought some about 4 years ago from my roomate who was getting rid of a camera and about 20 rolls of polaroid film. I still have yet to take a picture with it, I should as now I live in a great place for pictures. Back then I was living in ohio and there wasn't much that inspired me to take pictures. Since I've moved to the "emerald triangle" of Northern California named for its massive sequoias and tremendous cannabis production. I've taken about 8,000 photographs since moving here 3 years ago. The only one I didn't take is me sitting on the tree stump.

The pictures are too large in their format to post from imgur but the link is at the bottom. Forget about the photography aspect as it is worth it just to see this place, it's really something.
http://imgur.com/a/xQJvz

Those are spectacular. Thank you very much for sharing them :D

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:45 am

heres a picture from an urbex trip this week, full album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskipj1Qf

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:12 am

Sunset tonight on the Salt Lake

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Post a reply