The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Unless someones telling porkies.

Hogwash. Its a complete sHAMbles. BA(con) have to stop GAMMON on and on about it. Wouldn't surprise me if he TROTT(ER)S off to the STY court about it. Whatever happens, HAMeron knows best(iality).

Sausages.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy

Interesting article, although I disagree with its premise - I don't think people really understand the extent to which Cameron and his ilk literally cannot conceive of what it is like to be you or me.
In fact any sort of identification with the likes of us would be positively frowned upon, an association with the 'plebs' as they call us. The sense of privilege is a different mindset, a different world.
Many, I assume, vote for the Tories because they believe that one day, if they work hard enough, even they could be like Dave, that he shares their values, that it's all about aspiration and graft.
They couldn't be more wrong.

Happy Cycler
I handed my MA Thesis in today. Most stressful couple of months I've ever had. Time for a beer, relieved doesn't adequately cover it!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot
I posted this over in WATMM too, so to avoid having to take a lot of time putting my thoughts into words again I basically just copy/pasted the following with minor adjustments:

I successfully made it through intense psychiatric drug withdrawals!

I was on 7 prescriptions of mid to high doses of psychiatric meds. I was on them for over 8 years and decided i didn't want to live with all the nasty side-effects anymore, the biggest of which being the sedation. Couldn't think straight, tired all the time, sleeping the majority of each day and never feeling rested from sleep, no energy to exercise, all of this resulting in heightened pain from my fibro myalgia. Another big one was all the weight I gained. Within a year of starting the meds I gained about 75 pounds. So those things, among others, led me to decide to take a different approach to my mental health management. Someone I know, who has all the same illnesses that I have, to a tee, started years ago on a natural solution of special vitamin supplements called EMPowerplus, which is specifically designed for people with certain mental health disorders. The treatment worked really great for her, and with no side-effects. It was like night and day. So I decided to give it a try. Working along with trained professionals (doctors and such), I started taking the vitamins as soon as I got them and over a period of 2+ months I very slowly reduced my dosage of psychiatric meds. The withdrawals throughout this time were difficult, but very manageable. But when I went from taking the last dosage of meds to taking none at all the next day, things went nuts. For the next few weeks I barely slept at all. Some nights I'd lay in bed for 9 hours trying to sleep unsuccessfully. Then if I did finally fall asleep, nightmares would wake me up within half an hour to an hour, starting the cycle all over again. My mind went more haywire with bipolar and OCD symptoms than they ever have been before, which I wont go into. I'll just say it was really, really tough and frightening. And on top of all the craziness was intense physical pain throughout my entire body crippling me and basically confining me to my bed while taking painkillers every couple hours. As if that wasn't enough, I then caught a nasty virus. I had basically every flu and cold symptom I can think of. Sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, intense fevers, stuffed up, flegm, etc. And not being able to get to sleep made this virus get worse each day. I didn't eat much at all, and at times, what little I could eat, I ended up throwing it up anyways. I lost about 20-25 pounds in less than a week. Then one night the withdrawals lessened enough that I was able to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Since then I slowly progressed and had more sleep each night and an easier time getting to sleep. I could also eat meals again. Slowly my symptoms got better and better, both mentally and physically.

Now, a few weeks later, I'm brilliant. I still have a bit of a cough and my back still hurts from laying down so much for so long, but I'm sleeping and actually feeling somewhat rested when I wake. I feel like I can think clearly again. My mental health is quite stable now too. My physical pain from my fibro myalgia is much, much less, which makes me take a lot less painkillers each day. Some days even none at all. I also already have more energy, so I'm setting up some exercise goals now. Honestly, I feel better and happier now than I have in a decade. Friends, family and my doctor are noticing that I'm more animated and lively and my sense of humor is back like it was and people are really noticing the weight I've lost so far. I'm told my health will continue to improve too. So I feel, although that was the most suffering I've ever experienced, the results were definitely worth it.

747 that's an amazing post, thanks so much for sharing with us. I hope things continue to improve for you :-)

Slow down...

Telepath
Wow 747, quite a story! I know how terrifying those withdrawals are. Great to hear you're off the meds for good. I bet you'll start feeling again, find beauty, art, love and happiness. Good going, guy. You are an inspiration and I hope you inspire certain others on the board to do the same (you know who you are).

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:747 that's an amazing post, thanks so much for sharing with us. I hope things continue to improve for you :-)

Cupz wrote:Wow 747, quite a story! I know how terrifying those withdrawals are. Great to hear you're off the meds for good. I bet you'll start feeling again, find beauty, art, love and happiness. Good going, guy. You are an inspiration and I hope you inspire certain others on the board to do the same (you know who you are).

Thanks fellas. Your kind words really mean a lot. Especially from you two, Mexi and Cupz, who have been friends to me for a long time now. I can't believe it's been over 8 years! As long as twoism has wonderful people like you two, among others, I'll never stop coming back here.

And Cupz, yeah, I finally feel like I'm getting ready to do things like get back into the studio and actually make quality tunes, get my own place again, and of coarse find a girl to be all romantic with. I'm 29, lonely and am currently living with my folks. I mean I love my parents and they look after me when I'm really sick. They accepted me back into their house a couple years ago when I was too sick to live on my own anymore, and I'm extremely grateful for that. But now that I'm getting healthy again, it's time to move out. Besides, not too many women will go for a guy my age that lives with his parents lol. Not to mention a guy who isn't mentally stable enough to take care of even himself, let alone her. Not anymore! So this coming summer I'm gonna find a nice apartment in town. Then I'm gonna find a girl.

I definitely have a lot more to look forward to now. So Mexi, I think things will definitely continue to improve for me, thank you. :D 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Wow 747, congratulations, that is amazing!
Hope things will go well for you now!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Moved into my new flat yesterday and things could not be better. My flatmate is a funny, cool, intelligent girl who used to work as a waitress in a strip joint. I also have a gorgeous new girlfriend on the go and it finally feels like things are coming together after one shitty year. Oh and Newcastle finally won yesterday too. That, my friends, is a full house. ;-)

Slow down...

Telepath
Its getting better all the tihihiiime.

Nova Scotia Robot
That's awesome Mexi! Moving is usually pretty stressful, but it sounds like all that stress is overpowered by the good vibes from your new flatmate and new girlfriend. I'm happy for ya, fella!

And thanks portiss! That's nice of you to say. I've been wanting to say this to you for a while, so here I go: Listen to your mother! If you stare into the sun you WILL end up drilling a hole into the side of your head with a power drill! It's gruesome, I know. Someone should make a film about it so people understand the importance of not only not staring into the sun, but listening to one's mother. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:That's awesome Mexi! Moving is usually pretty stressful, but it sounds like all that stress is overpowered by the good vibes from your new flatmate and new girlfriend. I'm happy for ya, fella!

And thanks portiss! That's nice of you to say. I've been wanting to say this to you for a while, so here I go: Listen to your mother! If you stare into the sun you WILL end up drilling a hole into the side of your head with a power drill! It's gruesome, I know. Someone should make a film about it so people understand the importance of not only not staring into the sun, but listening to one's mother. :wink:

Well thats seems like a rather good plot for a movie yeh. With your creative brain and my willingness to stare into the sun we could reach great heights together! To infinity and beyond!

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh, and today I'm happy, just because my kitten is awesome. Just that.

Nova Scotia Robot
portiss wrote:
747Music wrote:That's awesome Mexi! Moving is usually pretty stressful, but it sounds like all that stress is overpowered by the good vibes from your new flatmate and new girlfriend. I'm happy for ya, fella!

Well thats seems like a rather good plot for a movie yeh. With your creative brain and my willingness to stare into the sun we could reach great heights together! To infinity and beyond!

lol.

We really have to make the mother prominent in the movie. Let's say she loves to bake for her son as an added incentive to not stare into the sun. Hmmmmmmm.... what would she bake...... I KNOW! Pie! And to symbolically transfer that incentive to the audience we could just call the whole movie "Pie".

Also, your kitten is adorable.

Sherbet Head
I've been feeling much better recently. Like, I was playing Danganronpa and the bear, the main villain, said "If she commited suicide, then she took away the most precious thing from herself- her own life". There's some context to that but that made me think: "well, maybe I should try thinking about myself?". It's not just that, but quitting therapy was much better to me. I'm also taking some hormones to fix my thyroid, which may have caused my depression, but eh, we'll see

Naj, that's truly superb news!! :-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:
portiss wrote:

lol.

We really have to make the mother prominent in the movie. Let's say she loves to bake for her son as an added incentive to not stare into the sun. Hmmmmmmm.... what would she bake...... I KNOW! Pie! And to symbolically transfer that incentive to the audience we could just call the whole movie "Pie".

Also, your kitten is adorable.

Not to be mistaken for the movie Pi by Aronosfky! If she'd be like the main characted I'd be fucked! And I hate pie, but I will be acting, so it won't be a problem. This movie is gonna kick-ass, not to be mistaken for the movie kick-ass, otherwise i'd be fucked. Shit, I'm starting my rambling again, the sun better show itself today.

And thanks :)

Happy Cycler
Wow some good vibes on this page! Congrats to you all, top stuff :)

As for me, I am 25 today.. not sure if I am happy about that or not! :lol:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground