Stars of the Lid

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I sense a Twoism meet up coming on...

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:I sense a Twoism meet up coming on...

For sure...

Btw I know someone who actually got to attend the aforementioned streamed set. He said it was glorious as usual, the loudest he's heard them play Decembre Hunting. The floor was shaking.

Dayvan Cowboy
Logan71 wrote:Yep, the video is 're-looping' all week.

Ah, I see...wondered why when I just followed the link a minute ago, Adam was announcing their last tune.

Aerial Boundaries wrote:
Mexicola wrote:I sense a Twoism meet up coming on...

For sure...

Btw I know someone who actually got to attend the aforementioned streamed set. He said it was glorious as usual, the loudest he's heard them play Decembre Hunting. The floor was shaking.

December Hunting is a different animal live. A behemoth. Truly mind-melting, especially with Luke Savisky's projections.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
That was a magnificent performance. I love AWVFTS and both Adam and Brian's other solo/band stuff, but SOTL are the motherlode.
Going to watch it again.

Posts Quantity
[url]http://www.factmag.com/2015/11/03/stars-of-lid-boiler-room-church/[/url]

just gonna leave this here....

Happy Cycler
Cool interview in Resident Advisor..

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2373
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
From the resident advisor piece:

With so many ongoing projects and some new Stars Of The Lid material in the pipeline for next year

Well I'll believe it when I see the release date, but potentially good news!

Posts Quantity
tiges wrote:From the resident advisor piece:

With so many ongoing projects and some new Stars Of The Lid material in the pipeline for next year

Well I'll believe it when I see the release date, but potentially good news!

Wait! Slow down you two! I Just started enjoying the SHIT out of this band

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Great news to have it confirmed. The Sunday could prove awkward for me travel wise, but I'll get a ticket tomorrow (hopefully) and worry about the details later.

Adam mentioned 2 shows in London, on Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd. Perhaps they'll play a warm up gig the night before the Barbican show...or maybe their plans changed.

Yeah a Sunday isn't ideal for me either as my girlfriend is a schoolteacher. Driving back to deepest, darkest Dorset at silly o'clock would be a pain. Still..

Slow down...

Going fast people!

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I think I managed to get a ticket, won't be able to relax until I get the confirmation email though... :?

Also I just re-read the interview and Adam actually says "Next year we’re playing Barbican on the 1st or 2nd of October" so it does look like this will be the only date. Bit of a round trip from Edinburgh but still great to be able to see them play again.

The website was terrible. Ordered tickets for the stalls, dead centre, near the front, paid, was then told I had to resubmit details, order crashed.

Panicked, ordered again, this time could only get circle tickets. Checked emails, two orders gone through, both for stalls tickets?!?

Had to call them in the end and give both order numbers and cancel one lot off. Printed both sets just in case.

And relax...

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Yeah I followed your lead and gave them a call too. Apparently they don't send out confirmation emails if the ticket is being sent by post, which seems a bit weird, but it's good to know I have a seat...if I can make the gig :}

Happy Cycler
All booked! Looking forward to it. Seems like an age away but will no doubt be here before I know it.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Can't really afford another trip over to London, going to have to wait for them to come over to Ireland, hopefully soon. I've actually emailed all the local Belfast arts festivals suggesting that they book SoTL, no luck yet...

Ryanair flight + Twoism sofa not an option??

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Could be, actually I'm making all sorts of assumptions when I say I can't afford it. I should really take a proper look at the options - it isn't until October after all (and it's Stars of the Lid...)

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound